Mineral elements / SCAM

SAMPLERER BEWARE,
THIS IS A JOKE, THEY SUCK YOU IN WITHOUT REALLY KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING, IF ANYONE WANTS TO TRY THEIR PRODUCT, E-MAIL ME I'LL SEND IT TO YOU, , , IT'S NOT QUALITY, FOR A SAMPLE TRIAL OFFER IT HAS NOW COST ME OVET $70.00, AND I HATE THE STUFF, SOMETHING SHOULD BE DONE TO STOP THIS COMPANY!!!
DENISEGOLDENIM@YAHOO.COM

Comments

• Kr
      22nd of Feb, 2009

though it only cost me 9.99 i agree it sucks and has no instructions plus they sent the wrong shade!

26th of Jul, 2009

it's in the terms upon sign up, you obviously didn't read them, which is the fault of you

18th of Sep, 2009

I DID read the terms of the contract, which stated verbatim " You will have 10 days from the date of shipment to try the Mineral Elements by Eden™ Mineral Make-up Introductory Kit. We will ship your product by first-class mail through the United States Postal Service (“USPS”). According to the USPS published delivery schedules, your shipment should arrive within 3 to 5 days. Accordingly, this should provide you around 5 to 7 days to try our product. The Risk-Free Trial period ends 10 days from the shipment date. If you are not satisfied after trying our product, you must follow the instructions below to return the 4 containers of mineral make-up ("make-up") as well as the brushes, cosmetic bag and brush pouch ("accessories")."

10 days from the date of shipment...shipped on the 8th, I should have till the 18th, correct? WRONG...they apparently count the shipment date as day 1, although this is, IMO, very purposefully vague and misleading. I called only to be told I was one day late, I had been charged 130.00 and TOUGH LUCK. Oh, and guess what, any supervisors are out until Tuesday, 4 days from now.

• Th
      5th of Nov, 2009

Mineral elements is a scam they do not give you ten days . I recieved my trial on the 22 of Nov and I was charged 131 on the 28th of Nov. I cancelled the product the next day after I ordered it becuase I did not want it. I received it on the 22nd and did not even open the box and I received an account alert on 28 from my bank because I had went in overdraft. I called them and they told me there is nothing they can do they saw I cancelled it and no I should have read the card in the box and they usualy do not charge prior to the date but they can't fix it. I left my name for a supervisor to fix the situation and send there stuff back and they said they would take my name and call back today is the 5th of november still no call back.

• Pa
      3rd of Jun, 2010

You can find good mineral makeup on ebay. I received mine in the mail today and I only paid $21.95 for a full kit including brushes, and free shipping. Will last a few months with regular use. Mineral makeup contains no fillers, and it looks like you don't get much for your money, but you really do. Check the ingredients before you buy - the best mineral makeups will have very few ingredients, and the top three ingredients will be zinc oxide, titanium dioxide, and iron oxides. Avoid fillers and rice powders, ultramarine, and talc. I am not shilling for any mineral makeup sellers or companies, but I researched mineral makeup (and everything else I buy) thoroughly before setting money down..the internet is a vast information source, check it out before you buy it.

• Ca
      22nd of Jun, 2010

What drew me in was for $1.00 plus shipping and handling try our product. No where did I see the blip that you had to return the product within 10 days of the shipping date. Products such as these always have the terms included in the shipped product. When the product arrived I went through the box and found a card that said there were no instructions about the return enclosed but to refer to an email that had been sent to me. I hadn't received their email and was still waiting for it when I noticed that I was being charged $130.00 on my bank account. I called the bank and they said it was from mineral elements. I asked them to refuse to pay as it had not hit my account and they said they couldn't because I had used my bank debit card. When I called mineral elements I was told too bad so sad. Gotcha. Isn't there protection against this type of entrapment aimed at women looking for an inexpensive way of trying makeup prior to purchasing? Isn't there any where to go for assistance against this type of scam? I am 67 and on a fixed income. I could afford to try a product for $7 or $8.00 but not $130. If I had known the cost was going to be $130.00 I would never have tried it to begin with. Where is the consumer protection?

3rd of Jun, 2016
    MINERAL ELEMENTS - unproper explanation on return
    Mary-Jayne Hughes
    California

I would like to file a complaint about the Mineral Elements Cosmetics Line - I received a "trial" of this makeup and in order to open it to see the "trial" about it I could not return it to the company without it costing me money. My account has been charged $130.31 for something I could not return without opening it to find out how. I would not like to be charged for this product and still expect an explanation on why I am being charged so much money without a way to return it.

• Pa