Mineral Elements by Eden / &Free Trial& scam

1 5493 Butler Ave SW Unit FWashington DC, MD, United States Review updated:
Phone: 202-536-5784

I wanted to try the offer so I signed up for it. I waited about 10 days and still hadn't received anything in the mail. I called Mineral Elements by Eden and asked if they had sent anything. They informed me that the tracking number showed it was delivered. I was advised to wait a few more days to see if anything would show up. Nothing came and I called back. Season told me that I had to ship the product back within 15 days of if showing delivered. I told them I still had not received anything. They told me to go to the post office and ask around. In the mean time, the clock was still ticking for the trial period. I was told that I could just get an RMA # and send the product back and I would only be billed for the shipping charges. I kept in constant contact with these people and finally called them two days after the 'trial period' ended and explained to them that I had to go into the post office on a Saturday and the workers dug through a huge bin of boxes and discovered my little package in there. I called Eden and told them I finally had the product in my hands and was not going to open it or try it. I just wanted the RMA # so I could send the box back. They informed me that I was 2 days past the trial and that $70 was going to be charged to my account. They said there was nothing they could do for me. They wouldn't even give me an RMA # so I could send it back. They offered me coupons to a restaurant and other crap like that. I was passed on to a 'supervisor' who told me I should have extended the trial period. I asked why they were going to offer me an RMA two days previous but they wouldn't give me one now. Alisha said that they couldn't issue an RMA until the product was received. But since I got it after the trial, they couldn't issue one now. I have been completely honest with them and could have asked for an RMA even though I didn't have the package, but since I told them I didn't have the product, they wouldn't issue one. They offered to refund my account $55, but that hasn't happened. They claimed they offered to extend the trial period, which was a bunch of crap, so I called them on it and they said they would review the taped conversations to affirm that. I still haven't heard anything back, which tells me that I am right and they are the ones who screwed up. I have called several more times, and have yet to hear back from Alisha.

Comments

Em
  28th of Mar, 2009

i wanted to try the free trial and i give my account number and they quit of my account 16.50 dollars plus 55.95 dollars and theyover charged my account now i don't have money and i'm a person alone who pays rent, bills and have two small children to care about and i called to the customer service and they told me they can't do anything about just cancel my subscription and i can keep the kit this is crap because even in the cards that come with the trial don't says anything about the return policy. i don't know how they can cheat the people like this.

Ca
  24th of Aug, 2009

The same thing just happened to me but i got charged $69.95 twice the address is bogus its an apartment complex and phone has alittle girls voice on it, has anyone gotten their money back ?
carla
texas
08-24-2009

Fr
  16th of Feb, 2010

Well it just happen to my gf and it is on my card. We cancelled on the 15th and it was shipped out on the 5th yet they charged me 130.41. i said for one the deal said she would only get charged shipping and then if she did not cancel the card would be charged 29 dollars and change every month. when u click on the terms in detail it says u have 10 days from the time its shipped to cancel or u will be charged 130.41. i called them and said why was my card charged when it had only been 10 days. they said the day it is shipped is counted as one day. I said what? so anyways i am now getting ready to call and speak to a supervisor and then probably a manager. i will let u know how it goes!

Fr
  16th of Feb, 2010

Ok, well I just got done talking to another department. I was nice and calm and explained that I do not have money to just lose like this. I explained that my gf used my card and she was under the understanding that she had ten days and that if it was past the ten days the card would be charged 20.41 per month until cancelled for the membership fee. I said so, by there rules we were off by one day, because they count the ship days as one of the ten days. So, now I am out 130.41? I also let them know that my bank said they would give me my money back for now and file a complaint against the company. Plus I did not authorize the transaction with my card. I was told I "SHOULD" see the amount credited to my account within 72 hours. She was going to forward the issue to another department, but said there should not be a issue with getting the credit. I will let u all know if I get the credit. The main thing I think is just be calm and dont get in a yelling match with anyone. I have always went by this and the way the CS rep was yesterday I almost lost my cool. I kept it together and it may have paid off today. I think with all the complaints that maybe that helped to. They want to watch themselves or I just got lucky and found someone who actually understood my situation. So, if I get the credit I will have to say they did the right thing this time. Oh, I am also mailing back the product.

Je
  9th of Mar, 2010

I had a problem with them too. I never recieved the product and they still charged me. When I called they said they had a tracking number to confirm delivery which to this day I never recieved. They attempted to take money off my card since the first $100 and something was taken out of my account. I called them again and told them I didnt want them to try taking anymore money from my account. They told me they have not and I told her I have the bank statement to prove it. As I took my money out of this account because of them. They have tried three times to take money from this account. The last time being March 3, 2010. I called them back once again and told them if they try one more time I will contact a laywer she stated to me they have not tried to take any money from my bank. I told her thats awful funny because again I have my bank statements to prove this.

Kh
  21st of Jun, 2010

I just had the the same identical thing happen to me...They said trial offer for 1.00 plus shipping charges, and then they stated they shipped it...I never did recieve it and when called back they mentioned they could not check, that their computers were down, to call back the next day...I got the same thing, and then I emailed them back..stating I never recieved their products...it was the only email address provided to me...Then I noticed they charged my card 130.00 and I called, they stated they never rec'd emails from me, and the email they sent was a no reply email...They stated I was past the dead line, and there was nothing they could do..when I pleaded that I never recieved the items, they stated they have a tracking number, I asked was this insured...they stated no...so now I am charged this amount for nothing...After researching, I see it has happened many other times, so it is a scam...I will try to talk to them again, and then report them...anyone else want to report or throw a class action suit together..let me know...my email is : mitrahina@yahoo.com

El
  29th of Nov, 2010

I ACCEPTED AN OFFER TO A MINERAL ELEMENTS MAKE UP TRIAL OFFER FOR $1.00 PLUS SHIPPING & HANDLING.
THE MONEY WAS TAKEN OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITHIN MINUTES.THE NEXT DAY I GOT A CALL FROM A SUPER GLAM
BOUTIQUE REP.HE TALKED 100 MILES AN HOUR, I COULD ONLY CATCH EVERY 4TH OR 5HT WORD.TELLING ME I WILL BE RECEIVING ALL KINDS OF FREE STUFF, A MAGAZINE OF MY CHOICE, FOOD COUPONS, AND OTHER STUFF.BY THE TIME HE WAS FINISHED {FAST TALKING ME], the final outcome was :super glam boutique would be deducting from my bank account, or credit card monthly, in the amount of {almost} 50.00 bucks .i was led to believe i could TRY this product at this great trial offer price, with no obligation .this is just a slick way of getting u into a contract that takes much time, effort, and energy to get out of.i called to cancel my "membership" at which time i was told i can not return the product w/o a RMA#.the number was said to be given to me at that time.IT WAS NOT.when i asked for the RMA # i was THEN told that it would be sent to me by email in MOMENTS.THIS IS TWO DAYS LATER, STILL NO RMA #.i feel like they are going to wait the 10 days they give you to return the product, w/o sending me the RMA# so i then get charged a 35.00 return charge for being past the 10 days THEY GIVE YOU TO RETURN THEIR PRODUCT. I FEEL LIKE THIS WEBSITE IS MISLEADING AND WHEN THEY OFFER A TRIAL WITH NO OBLIGATION, THATS WHAT IT SHOULD BE.