Mineral Elements by Edenfraud

I did a survey for a $1 to sample their makeup (then included was shipping and handling) so my $1 turned into $9. I received an email that the product was shipped on 12/10/09 I did not receive it until 12/15/09 (holiday mail) then they charged my account on 12/18/09 which was 2 days early for the 10 day trial. But I supposedly received a trial that was to last 60 days. These containers will not last a couple of weeks. Hence the point for the free trial - you expect trial size. I was charged $130.41 for minimal makeup that does not work.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in Harrisburg, PA Do not buy this product! Do not do a trial of this product. You will be screwed! I called customer service and sat on hold for 6 minutes the first call after someone answered. Then had to hang up and call back and when I told I could not hold she said "Well you will just have to." So I asked for a supervisor (Heathter) - she of course was no help. They need to take courses in customer service, because I have been in customer service for 20 years and never have I treated a customer like that even when they wished ill on my child.

Sincerely,
Michelle

Comments

• Ka
      Dec 22, 2008

WSECU Cardholder Dispute Form Attachment

Last summer I ordered free trial samples from Mineral Elements by Eden. The products were not satisfactory. They had been advertised to cover redness and not to melt off in humidity. Neither proved true. So, I sent an email to the company immediately to cancel my membership and any further shipments with the stated reason that “your products did not work for me.” I received an email reply stating my membership was cancelled.
    I thought this would be the end of it.
    Now, six months later, they charged my VISA account with $69.41.
    When I called to ask them to correct their error, they refused to reverse the charge. The customer agent, “Donna”, stated I had not lived up my membership agreement. I said it was advertised as a free trial. She said it is free if you mail the little samples back within 14 days. Apparently, this was in the shipping information but I had not been able to read that fine print, which I explained. After getting nowhere with her, I asked to speak to her supervisor. She said her supervisor would call me back.
    Several hours later, “Stephanie” called back. She said more or less the same thing. She said the samples needed to have been returned within 14 days of their postmark in order to be free. I told her I did not know that but I would be glad to return them. She said the deadline was past. That now I had purchased them and the amount was $69.41. Again, she said I did not fulfill my membership agreement, although she too acknowledged my email canceling it. She offered to reverse $20 of the charge. I told her that was just not satisfactory as I had ordered nothing and agreed to pay for nothing. Then she offered me a $50 dine-out certificate. I told her I simply wanted the unauthorized charge reversed, that I could not afford such an expensive “free sample.” She just kept repeating that I had not fulfilled my terms of membership. So I asked her for their address and informed her I would contact VISA.
    I've filed Cardholder dispute with Visa but as of today 12-22-08 have had no resolution.

Jan 07, 2009

I had the same thing happen to me with this fraudulent company as everyone else. Went to the website to get their "free trial offer." After getting through all the credit card info. they present their terms and conditions which states buried in the fine print that you will be charged the 69 dollars if you keep the product. I actually read it so I DID NOT CLICK ON THE "I AGREE" BOX. They sent the junk anyway and I have been in a 5 month war with them, my credit card company, and the Better Business Bureau to try to get my money back and have the BBB shut them down. Everyone who has been scammed by this company needs to submit a complaint to the BBB so that they can act. The website is: dc-easternpa.bbb.org.

Jan 07, 2009

Report them to the Better Business Bureau! Their website is dc-easternpa.bbb.org.

Jan 13, 2009

I received the trial package for $7.32, without being aware I would then have to pay $69.00 for an additional shipment. I called to cancel, but was told that I had to pay that amount. I called for a return number, but was told it was too late, that I had missed it by one day. I wonder where they count the number of days, from shipment or from receipt. They certainly cannot count from receipt.

• Cc
      Jan 13, 2009

Never Never Never sign up for the free trials!!! Let me save you some grief. This company offers free trials with only a charge for shipping and handling, sends miniscule product (which they say is the regular order), and start your trial from the moment they ship. So if it takes 10 days to reach you and the trial is 15 days, then you have only marginal time to try the product. I never even got my box opened before they were debiting my account. Now I'm stuck with a product that I never really got to try. From what I have learned so far this is a scam with all the online free trial offers.
    I hope this saves some poor soul from all the trouble I am going through
    C. Cowan
    Converse, Texas

• Lo
      Feb 04, 2009

I, too, have been scammed by this company. I read the conditions and did not hit send, but they apparently have some way to get the card number. I received two products-Age Invisible and Mineral Elements in one box. It was a complete surprise when it arrived. I read all the return instructions, never opened either little bag, got my RMA #, put that number in the box and on the outside and sent it back. Much to my surprise when my card bill came in, I was charged $69.41. I called this so called company and was treated like I was trying to scam them. The rep. said that they were two separate co.'s and I should have gotten two RMA #. No where did it state that in the return instructions. This fraudulent company should be investigated and shut down. I've written a letter to the PA Consumers Affairs Office and hope they can do something. With all the complaints they should be aware that something is rotten somewhere.

Feb 12, 2009

They totally are trying to do the same thing to me, except I never asked for it in the first place I don't know what to do. I can't afford any of this nonsense.

Feb 12, 2009

I really wish someone would cotact me and tell me what to do?

Feb 14, 2009

MINERAL ELEMENTS FROM EDEN IS NOT A FRAUD IF YOU PEOPLE TOOK THE TIME TO READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS YOU WOULD REALIZE THEY ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.WITH YOUR FREE TRIAL YOU ARE ALSO GOING TO GET MORE FEFILLS EVERY 2 MONTHS IF YOU TRY IT AND DONT LIKE IT YOU HAVE A DEAD LINE TO RETURN THE PRODUCT AND EVERYTHING THAT COMES WITH IT TO AVOID ANY CHARGES.THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS EXPLAIN EVERYTHING.SO ITS YOUR FAULT TO TRY SOMETHING WITHOUT LOOKING INTO FIRST.

• Su
      Mar 16, 2009

I too was scammed by them! I followed all their instructions only to be told "They did not receive it in time frame"...WHAT? I sent it all their crappy make up back and they will never refund my money. I'm calling the BBB too-MAD, SUMMER

• Di
      Aug 07, 2009

This company is really bad. I wanted to try their product but nevet received the product. Now they are making me pay the shipping fee and I have to return the product I never received. So explain to me how am I to return something I never got in the mail. Not only that they tag on other shipments from other companies that you don't know about and charge your account. The customer service reps. are not helpful. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.. TOTAL SCAM...

Aug 07, 2009

Let them know you will chargeback for teh amount as 'non receipt of goods/services'. Then tell them it is their responsibility to check with the tracking system they used for the product to see if it arrived, or require them to give you the number so you can check with USPS or others to see if it was delivered to your house.

• Gi
      Aug 24, 2009

I signed up for the free trial plus shipping and handling. I cancelled, then they drafted by account 130.00 dollars. I tried to cancel online but could not reach the site. I called and they gave me the run around. I have my lawyer on the case. Do not fall for this, it is a scam!!!

• Ra
      Oct 14, 2009

I also recieved this makeup returned it with in 7 days and was billed $130.41. I am having trouble getting my money back. I was only supposed to be charged $1.00 for S&H...NEVER BUY FROM THEM!!!

• Ra
      Oct 14, 2009

Mineral Elements by Eden is a FRAUD!!! They will charge your credit card with out authorization...WATCH OUT!!! They charged my card $130.41 and wont give it back!

• Ph
      Oct 17, 2009

They did the same thing to me, stated they haven't gotten the rtn product its been over 2 weeks. its crazy.

• Ph
      Oct 17, 2009

Please let me know what happens..[protected]@yahoo.com

• Is
      Oct 27, 2009

I agree with you. They did charge me $130.41 and didnot give me my money back. I HATE them big time. They are the big time FRAUD!!! THEY ARE GOING TO HELL. Never buy stuff from them. I told them I have not even open the product because I realize it way too expensive. But they would not listen to me and hung up phone on me. The customer service sucks. I hated the lady who talked to me.. She was the meanest customer service provider I have ever seen. HATED HATED HATED HER.

Nov 05, 2009

I am a victim to. I reported them to the BBB. You know we should all get together and open an Class Action Suit against this fraudulent company.

Nov 05, 2009

EVERY ONE THAT HAS BEEN RIPPED OFF BY THIS COMPANY. PLEASE REPORT THEM TO YOUR BANK AND DISPUTE THE CHARGES, MAKE A POLICE REPORT AND TURN THEM INTO THE BBB.

If we don't get our money back lets all get together and sue them. CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT

LAVON

Nov 06, 2009

You need to make a complaint with (IC3). The internet crime complaint center, BBB, and write the Mayor of Harrisburg. I did. This just happened to me but I am going to make sure this company gets prosecuted.

Nov 08, 2009

• Dn
      Dec 09, 2009

I spoke with my Local Police Department about this company (Mineral Elements by Eden) and they have informed me that everyone needs to contact the Attorney General Consumer Protection department of your state and also the Pennsylvania Attorney General Consumer Protection Department as well (since the company is located in the state of Pennsylvania). If we all work together we might be able t get this Fraudulent company shut down!!! Please pass this info along to everyone on your social networking sites so that all who have been taken advantage of by Mineral Elements by Eden!!!

• Wa
      Feb 09, 2010

same thing. this is a scam. they charged me over $130 for some makeup that made my skin break out terribly, after i only had the product for 7 days.

they need a class action suit against them.

• Ge
      Mar 10, 2010

If anyone starts a class action Lawsuit count me in. They just charged me and I asked that it be cancelled the first time the charge was cancelled.

• Ca
      Apr 06, 2010

I ordered the free trail with no info given on a charge that was going to be given to me of 130.00. Please who ever you are do not buy anything from this company Fraudulant to the extreme.

• Ji
      May 24, 2010

I'M SURPRISED THAT THIS COMPANY HASN'T BEEN SUED- I WISHED THEY WERE- THEY DESERVE IT.

AS already stated in previous Complaints, when you're an Eden Cosmetics Customer, you have to be VIGILANT about the ENORMOUS CHARGES that will appear on your credit card AND THE VERY ANNOYING STRICT RETURN POLICY, which will cost you a nice amount for a return.

This Company Should Change Their Ways Fast Or They Deserve To Be Out of Business.

• Pi
      Oct 21, 2010

I saw this on a link from a website. Free trial offer, just pay shipping & handling ($7.32). Nowhere on the "free offer" did it state "If you don't return this within 15 days of ordering we will charge your account $69.41." If the statement was there at all it was in either very small print or in another link that I failed to click on. This is a true bait and switch offer and the company is obviously unethical in its practices or this type of operation would not be necessary for them.

In the first place there is a small zipper bag, 3 small brushes and 4 SMALL containers (2.5 gr each) of different foundations and powders in the box. In no way are the total of the items worth $69.41 + $7.32. With just a postcard that says nothing about the 15 days to call for a return number. Well it took 10 - 14 days to get the stuff and there was no info on where to return the stuff if I wanted to, only the number for customer service. When I go to the website it tells me that any returns or cancelations to notify the company with No info on how or where to go to do that. I am very unsatisfied with this product and the business practices of this company.

In the second place, I wear very little makeup and was going to try this to see if I'd like it as well or better than what I am currently using. It came to my home and stayed here for a few days (making it past the time limit) before I even opened it. Certainly before I saw the unexpected charge on my card. I hopefully have managed to get future automatic charges for their "Club Membership" canceled. My very unsatisfactory rude customer service representative is named Carol and the cancellation confirmation number is 1068. She told me that I had been notified in an email which I never received. However I am still stuck with the product that they will not let me return and the totally unexpected charge which I can least afford.

I certainly hope a lot of people check this site before getting stuck by this company. Beware of trial offers of any kind. This is the first time I've had this happen and it will be the last.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH MINERAL ELEMENTS BY EDEN. If you have been taken advantage by this company, file a complaint with the state's Better Business Bureau.

• Ke
      Nov 29, 2010

omg, i am on the phone with them right now. they did the exact same thing to me. I will print this out and take it to my bank tomorrow.

• Ke
      May 17, 2011

I had a similar experience. I received a "trial size" for about two DAYS, it is still in the package. However I received a offer from Bare Essentials a brand I know and trust but received Mineral Elements makeup. I didn't give it another thought, I chalked it up to a $4.95 mistake. Then I got my credit card statement, two charges one for $4.95 and one for $130.41 from "AMT Makeup [protected]". I didn't even know where the charges came from. I called and got a woman that refused to give me her name. I told her I don't think I have an account, she told me yes I did and another order was getting ready to ship. I asked her another order of what? That is when they explained the "trial size" was my "starter kit" to join some club. I told them they were insane. She told me I didn't return the product in ten days, so I owe them. I received no notification or return mailing with this product. I still have the original packaging and spam email. I have disputed the charge.

Mar 30, 2016

You took out my account 89.00. I sent it back to you. Was it not good enough for you. My self and my friend tried the " element makeup" my friend is a hair dresser and I'm in the funeral service. I use makeup from a mall and I use cosematics I've always use it. Your product I tried is no good, I could get it from the dime store. I was a full for the surveys. I will never do it again and I will always how you rip me off to anybody or any company. I went through rippoff and BBB. I see so many people you have ripped off from eden. How can you feel about yourself, taking money for a product that is no good.