Mineral Elements by Eden / Hiding information on return

1414 North Cameron St, 3rd Flr, Ste 3Harrisburg, PA, United States Review updated:
4.85
Phone: 866.514.8949
I saw this on a link from a website. Free trial offer, just pay shipping & handling ($7.32). No where on the "free offer" did it state "If you don't return this within 15 days of ordering we will charge your account $69.41." If the statement was there at all it was in either very small print or in another link that I failed to click on. This is a true bait and switch offer and the company is obviously unethical in it's practices or this type of operation would not be necessary for them.
In the first place there is a small zipper bag, 3 small brushes and 4 SMALL containers (2.5 gr each) of different foundations and powders in the box. In no way are the total of the items worth $69.41 + $7.32.
In the second place, I wear very little makeup and was going to try this to see if I'd like it as well or better than what I am currently using. It came to my office and stayed here for a couple of weeks (past the time limit) before I even took it home. Certainly before I saw the unexpected charge on my card.
I did manage to get future automatic charges for their "Club Membership" canceled - I hope. My very unsatisfactory customer service representative's name is BARB and the cancellation confirmation number is 6029. However I am still stuck with the product that they will not let me return and the totally unexpected charge right here at Christmas when I can least afford it.
I certainly hope a lot of people check this site before getting stuck by this company.
Sa

Comments

Re
  3rd of Dec, 2008
I feel for you. I got suckered too.
Check out this information about the company and the owner.
He
  11th of Dec, 2008
I was in the same situation... was it through an infomercial?
Try telling them that you have had an allergic reaction. look on the ingredients list... if there is a product called Bismuth Oxychloride then they should ... most people show an allergiec reaction to this ingredient used by most mineral makeup companies out there.
Na
  16th of Dec, 2008
I had the same thing happen to me; I sent their product back; canceled but am still being charged; my credit card company says they told them that I hadn't canceled "on time"...I have no proof to dispute that!!!
Ge
  30th of Dec, 2008
I saw this on a link from a website. Free trial offer, just pay shipping & handling ($7.32). No where on the "free offer" did it state "If you don't return this within 15 days of ordering we will charge your account $36.73." If the statement was there at all it was in either very small print or in another link that I failed to click on. This is a true bait and switch offer and the company is obviously unethical in it's practices or this type of operation would not be necessary for them.
In the first place there is a small zipper bag, 3 small brushes and 4 SMALL containers (2.5 gr each) of different foundations and powders in the box. In no way are the total of the items worth $29.41 + $7.32.
I did manage to get future automatic charges for their "Club Membership" canceled - I hope. My very unsatisfactory customer service representative's name is TRACIE and the cancellation confirmation number is 7581. However "TRACIEclaim that she will send me and email confirmation on how to send this product back to them. I was also a victim with this company as well.
Ma
  7th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Report them to the Better Business Bureau! Their website is dc-easternpa.bbb.org.
Sh
  8th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
every one of the above is just what they are doing to me like below.
Mineral Elements by Eden Complaints - Hiding information on return

1414 North Cameron St, 3rd Flr, Ste 3
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Phone: 866.514.8949
mineralelementsbyeden.com

I did call and also did my cancel online and still no refund god i am disable and live on a very little amount and can't aford this please anyone can help me email ladyjbird@cox.netbove is just like what they are doing to me .
Me
  5th of Feb, 2009
I WAS VERY SURPRISED TAT THE BANK TODAY WQHEN I HAD AN UNEXPECTED CHARGE OF 69.00 FOR A PRODUCT I WAS ONLY PAYING 7.00 DOLLARS FOR I CAME HOME FURIOUS WHEN I SPOKE TO BOTH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITVE AND HER BOSS I WAS TOLD THERE WAS NOTHING I COULD DO EVEN THOUGH I ONLY HAD RECIEVED THIS PRODUCT 4 DAYS OGO I AM VERY UPSET WITH THESE SCAM ARTISTS THE MAKE UP ISNT EVEN GOOD THEREZS GOT TO BE SOMETHING WE CAN DO
Jo
  2nd of Mar, 2009
My husband got this product for me thinking it would be something great for me to try. Instead after trying it two day's later my eyes were so infected that I could'nt hardly stand it.I'm still having problems seeing and having headaches.We are going to try to do something about this matter, and will let you know the out come.BE CAREFUL OF THE POST MASTER HE DOES'NT LIKE WOMEN.
Jo
  2nd of Mar, 2009
jjjohnsen76@yahoo.com to :POSTMASTER.We deserve to make up to each other.If you wish.YOURS TRUELY :Jon
St
  3rd of Mar, 2009
How can this company continue to rip people off before someone get's the "drift"...any attorneys wanting to make some money? I, as it seems everyone thats ordered this product, was very excited to find an affordable natural based product that we could use & feel good about using, without paying a fortune. HA...I didn't join any club, I just ordered what was supposed to be a trial. There was no mention of 15 day's or they would charge your account 70 bucks! I have family members that have also ordered this product, much to my surprise, and they too are VERY upset. We have all filed complaints and contacted attorneys. SO...MINERAL ELEMENTS...by EDEN (whoever you are), KARMA is headed your way!! I want my money back and you would be better off to start paying people back now as opposed to a MAJOR lawsuit that just might put you out of business. JUST DO THE RIGHT THING...thats all anyone is asking of you! -- SKJ in ARKANSAS
Ki
  7th of Mar, 2009
Yes, I just went through this same thing today. I have filed a complaint with the BBB in Pa. Has anyone out there been able to get a refund of the $69.41 ? This company is a crock of ### and everyone needs to know. I am furious at being a sucker.
Su
  9th of Mar, 2009
I fell for it too. I was furious when I saw $69.41 taken out of my bank account unexpectally and it BOUNCED just because I was not aware of this extra charge! I called the customer service, they kept saying they are sorry and nothing more. I am very unpleased with their hidden tricks!
Ro
  12th of Mar, 2009
This just happened to me today, I so mad I can"t stand it, wish I could post there tricks somewhere, where people would see them before they got there money taken from them. I swear I never seen anything about 70.00 anywhere.
Ci
  27th of Mar, 2009
I too have the 69.41 taken out of my account without my authorized. I filed a complaint with my bank and sent all copies of the complain from others and my bank credit back my account, So I hope everyone will do this...
Thanks
Ma
  31st of Mar, 2009
I too have been hod winked. They want you to try their product but give you no time in which to do it in. Ship it back at your own expense. Then, they told me that they throw it away. How can we be certain that it doesn't get recycled and sent out to some other gullible person. I didn't even get a comfirmation number they were to e-mail me it. Serendippity45
Ne
  9th of Jun, 2009
I cant believe my eyes all of this complaints and there is no one that can do something about this, I did the same thing, as i read all of you, Iam just really concerned that people like me and you will still sign into this trap .
if someone would of tell me before LOL i wouldn't have to pay 75 dollars. that now I regret, cause I need them.
please dont fall in this trap if you are thinking about buyin this mineral elements think it twice.
Fa
  18th of Jul, 2009
when you order the free trial they dont tell you or give you a cd on how to apply it, when I placed my order for the free trial I knew that I had 15 days after I received the order to return it before I got charged the $65.00, but when I called the company to tell them that I didnt received the order it was going on the 10th and according to the toll free number that you call the check the status of your order, it said on there computer that I received the order already, so I went to the post office and YES it was sitting there and I called to get the IRN# to return the order before i got charge $65.00 and they told me that they will send the IRN# by email ONLY! which I did receive three days after I called for the IRN# and when I checked my credit card status online they charged me $65.00 four days before I called to check the status of the order. So I emailed the proof that the order didnt get sent to my house and that it was at the post office, (you can get a statement from the post office) they told me that it was passed the 15 days that I had to return it before I got charged. So now im stuck with a produce that I dont even use because they didnt send a cd on how to apply it. So I went online to see if they would have a web site on how to apply the mineral elements and they show you how to do it BUT they dont tell you what to use first the foundation, the bronzer or any thing! they just tell you to apply it with a cycler motion and it looks like I just rubbed gliter all over my face... PLEASE if you are thinking about getting the mineral element I really hope that you see this web site first... PLEASE be careful with the element makeup it is NOT what you think it is!!!
Ch
  26th of Jul, 2009
The terms are plain as day legally there is nothing you can do you may file a complaint with the BBB but like most companies they will probably resolve it but not because they owe you anything
Nh
  15th of Aug, 2009
Im also a victim of this product. Could anyone tell me how to get $69.41 back?
Sh
  23rd of Aug, 2009
I WISH I would have read this article BEFORE I got suckered into this scam. 1$ trial!! All you pay is shipping and handling! a total of about 7$!! Sweet deal? Until 10 days later you get SLAMMED with 130$ charge the day before tuition is due. I never click on links that seem too good to be true. Ya got me.
The worst part is that the product sucks. I looked brassy and shiny and got the urge to put a hook in my hair and hang myself from a tree.
I will be on EVERY forum for this product warning others so that maybe their hard earned money may be saved.
I spoke with Ashley in customer service on Aug. 23, 2009 and she was very apologetic and informed me that I should have read the fine print.
My confirmation #1015.
DO NOT BE SUCKERED BY THIS RIPOFF COMPANY.