Mindlink Realty / Owner not refunding my deposit

1 Singapore Review updated:

email: batra.navdeep@gmail.com

I came to singapore last year (i.e. July 2008) and got cheated twice by some GREEDY HDB Owners and Agents just because of loop holes left by Singapore Government. I'm staying at above address for last six months and paying S$1600 per month. Now rentals are going down but Agent and Owner is saying I cannot leave the house even after giving 1 month notice and I won't get my deposit back. It is an HDB approved unit and HDB officials say they cannot do anything because this is a agreement between tenant and house owner. Police also say the same thing. I did complaint about the first Scam in Court but after some notices they told me to go to next step I need to pay some fee (approx. S$800) which will be recovered by the house owner but not sure. They ask me to find out if that house is on the name of house owner(who ran away with my money).

Anybody tell me from where I'll bring this information? HDB officials say these info are confidential. In Singapore nobody is there to listen or act. How can they say Singapore is Low Crime Country where people are doing fraud with foreigners everyday and still roaming openly without any fear.

Ba

Comments

• Ha
      23rd of May, 2009

You are wrong in all aspects. You are making accusations that can cause you libel.

First of all, no owner would want to rent out his or her flat for a half year term. In Singapore, a short term rental out of the flat is not worth the hassles and problems of owner.

It could be the agent who did not clearly explain the terms to the owner on it.

In any case, the term is clearly stated of its lease is minimum 12 months. So your case was thus rejected in the court and poilice.

Sorry you have to lose your deposit, because you failed to checked up your terms of contract and so on.

• Fr
      25th of May, 2009

hello,

the same thing has happened to my husband also, who was staying in singapore 3 yrs back. there was no aggrement but my husband was giving $ 500 per month and also $500 in advace as security deposit. when he left the house, the house owner told he has some financial problem at that time and ll transfer the advance money later. and its been 3 yrs he is not reply to my husnads mail, and had changed his home/mobile no. finaly after 3 yrs, we found his office phon no, and now he is tellig that he has already transfered the money, but he is not givig the transaction detail. infact he has started sending us mail that we r harassing him and he ll give legal complain. pls suggest us what to do. infact u want to give a legal complain since we hv his letter mentionig that he is supposed to give back $ 500.
    Smruit

6th of Jul, 2009

Hak Kiki, Don' t use this sentence " You are wrong in all aspects", which indicates that you are wrong, as you are giving comments with out seeing his contract.
    FYI "First of all, no owner would want to rent out his or her flat for a half year term" Is Wrong.