Milton Lending Services / Loan

1 121 Varick StNew York, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 18003751367

On July, 15 2009, I was informed that I was accepted for a $5000.00 loan. I spoke with a representative about the procedures on obtaining this loan. I was informed that I had to send the first 4 payments up front for "collateral", and the money would be deposited into my account on July 16, 2009 by 5pm, and if it wasnt there, to call back. Yesterday, I did just that. I contacted my financial institution to see if the "direct deposit" was showing to post. I was informed that there was not one. I called the company back and informed them that my money was not there yet. He went on to tell me that my lenders had changed and that the money I had sent through moneygram to Canada was indeed now through Spain and the used western union and the money would be ther first thing in the morning. I was informed to call if the money wasn't in my account this morning by 10AM. I called the bank and indeed the money wasn't there again. I returned the call to the representative of the company I had been dealing with and he told me that there had been a block put on my account, for me to call back and talk to customer service, which I did. Customer service informed me that the reason my account had been blocked was because the "insurance company" is considering me a high risk and for the loan to go through I would be required to pay another 4 payments up front. Now mind you, I used my bill money to pay for the first 4 payments with the understanding that the money would be in my account just as I was promised. I was not informed of any changes in lenders or the insurance company's decision to require more money as a down payment for this loan. I am now negative in my checking account and according to the company, I will not be receiving my money back until August 14th due to the lenders billing cycle already being past the date. I paid $870.00 and $15.50 to moneygram for a toal of $885.50. I am very upset that I was strung along for 2 days and now I cant pay my own personal bills. I encourage you to make sure you investigate as much as possible before you go through with anything online. It sure has taught me a lesson. I will never send money first again, much like get another loan off line just because I am in need of some extra cash.

More Milton Lending Services Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Em
      21st of Jul, 2009

thank you for posting your complaint. I almost sent them 703.56 I know now not to send it.

• Pm
      21st of Jul, 2009

I spoke with a man by the name of Michael Crown "Yes" ext 513. Don't know if that name really exists or not. All I can say is I knew it was a scam the insant he wanted a collateral payment of 15%. I googled the company to see if the lending company was legit. Sure they had a professionally designed website so forth and so on however my vibes told me something wasn't right. I decided to further my investigation because I simply felt too uneasy about wiring them money or sending them a certified check. So, I contacted the FTC and they informed me to contact the Attorrney General whom them referred me to consumer affairs. My gut told me not to do it so I didn't but because I felt the need to further investigate this company in the end I found many complaints regarding this Fraudulent company. Yes they appear to be very real and upfront but in the state of Ohio the law forbids any lender or loan officer to collect monies prior to granting a loan. Do your due diligence people and don't get scammed...Everyone is dealing with this recession not just you!

23rd of Jul, 2009

I am glad emtucker and Pmarie wised up before sending their money to them. I salute you, both.
    It's too bad Kathryn E. fell for it. I wish she had done her "due diligence" BEFORE she sent them her money.

Can't you other people find a LOCAL lending or bank or finance company to deal with? Are you MAXED out with them? Then WHY the INTERNET?

Why do you think this internet crap is the solution? The internet advertisements are a SCAM CESSPOOL and some of you are drowning in it.

If you are thinking "I'll get my money and just not pay them back", THINK AGAIN...YOU WILL LOSE!

Don't look for help from your governments or Obama, It Ain't gonna happen.

Money grams sent to CANADA is a DEAD GIVEAWAY that it's scam because you have NO recourse with a money gram. That money is GONE. Did anyone ask them WHY they can't take a credit card?

A fool and his money are soon parted...SO TRUE.

• Gv
      24th of Jul, 2009

Whew thanks to you we have dodged a bullet. I was due to send more than $1, 000 today. The only reason it didn't happen was that I could not reach them by phone to confirm the payment so it wasn't sent. I got the same as everybody else, "Thank you - Goodbye" when I called numerous times today. I was trying to find them on the internet to find out about the phon message and instead found this. I am sorry for those taken by these common criminals and thank you because you saved me from making the same mistake. I hope you are able to get your money back and that these ### are brought to justice. Thanks again and good luck!

• Da
      28th of Jul, 2009

DAVID N.J.
    Thankyou so much for the posts and info. I to was partially scammed. I just sent out $400 a couple of days ago to Canada by money gram. I am promised a $10, 000 loan at 6% interest rate. But, I must first come up with $700 . I already sent theese ### heads $400. Now that I have read theese posts, I will definately not send the remainder of the money. Now, they have acsess to my checking account also. I tried to call them and the phone voice mail says (Hello and Goodbye) I can not get in touch with a man named Will Post. I feel like such a fool now, my money is gone, I've been lied to and now I am in the hole again. I really needed the money too. The address and full name is Milton Lending Services, 121 Varick St, New York, New York, 10013. I am so depreesed over this. I am really hurt and disguisted, the ###s name is Will Post, exstension 403, the phone number is 18003751367. Thank you everybody for the info.

• Co
      2nd of Aug, 2016

I would actually like to take it further with the federal trade commerce. I have kids and worked really hard for the 4, 000 dollars that I sent to them and now all there phone says is thank you goodbye. I would like for all of us to file a complaint together.

• Co
      2nd of Aug, 2016

If anybody knows of a new number for them please let me know because I am also getting a lawyer from NY who specializes in fraud and internet scams.

• Ga
      2nd of Aug, 2016

I just wanted to say how sorry for all of you that lost money. I on the other hand was lucky that they went out of business before my boss and i could let loose of nearly $5000 between the two. So my prayers go out to all of you!

• La

new number for this company is 18772213101. ext 909 or 949

• Sc
      2nd of Aug, 2016

I just wanted to notify everyone that was scammed by Milton Lending Services to immediately get your bank account number changed especially if you gave them all your banking information. I was told by the police authorities that they were probably set up in Canada and not really in NY. If anyone, has contacts in Canada, maybe they can investigate and find these group of people who rip all of us off!

• Sc
    Milton Lending Services - Scam/Fraud
    Milton Lending Services
    121 Varick
    New York
    New York
    Phone: 800-375-1367
    miltonlending.net

We were scammed big time!! We were offered a $10, 000 loan as well and we were told that due to my husbands credit situation that we had to send $3000. We got the same song and dance as everyone else here that has given them money. They are long gone and I have also filed a report with our local police department and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I know that we probably won't get any of our money back but I hope for dang sure that they catch those scam artists and quick and maybe just maybe we can all get our money back!