Million Dollar Body / Fraudulent Credit Card Charges

Last year around October 2007 I purchased Hip Hop Abs from the infomercial. I did not agree to any terms or extra charges to be charged to my credit card for online access. In fact, the lady that took my order even told me that I would not get billed for any online access unless I signed in, which I never did.

In February of 2008 I get a bill for $38.87 for online access that I never signed up for. I did call Million Dollar Beach Body and spoke to a girl named Kenisha that did not even answer the phone as Million Dollar Beach Body all she said was hello-I had to ask her if this was the company and she said sorry yes it was customer service. I told her that I needed to speak to a manager about a charge on my credit card and then she gave me another number to call [protected]. I did call and spoke to two people-one was Victor Alexander and I explained about the charge on my credit card-he advised me to speak to a manager and I also told him about the Kenisha girl that answered the phone so unprofessionally-he flat out told me that I was lying about her and they had no one in their department of that name-I proceeded to demand to speak to a manger and he said he would just tell me the same thing-I said I don't care-please connect me to a manger...After about 7 minutes on hold I finally got on the phone with manager Peter Smith I explained the whole issue once more to him even about Kenisha-he then told me that he would have to review the tapes from October of 2007 when I purchased Hip Hop Abs-I asked how long would that take he said it could take a while-I then asked for them to send me a survey-I never received my survey-doesn't seem surprising to me I also asked to get a copy or listen to the copy of the tape that they had when I place the order. I still have yet to receive a copy of that tape or even heard the tape.

I called the credit card company on [protected] because I saw the charge was still on my credit card-they told me that a letter was sent to me explaining why Million Dollar Beach Body disputed it and I had until [protected] to re-dispute it…I never received this letter and obviously I was 5 days late and could not do anything about it. I asked for a copy to be resent to me and they confirmed my address and I did get a copy of this letter on 4-25-08. On [protected] I called Million Dollar Beach Body again to dispute this charge they said that they could not take the charge off of my credit card and that I would have to call MDBB headquarters to speak to someone who had higher clearance to take the charge off so he gave me [protected]-I called and spoke to Art who said he could not take the charge off and that I would have to call my credit card company about the financial charge. I then asked to speak to a manager-he said he was on the phone and I could wait to speak to him-I said no problem. I was on hold for several minutes and Art came back to the phone and said his manager would have to call me back because he was going to be on the phone for a while. I asked what was his managers name was-he said Ajonas and he would call around an hour and an hour and fifteen minutes.

It was now 7:00 PM Central Time, and I asked him what time they closed. He told me that he leaves at 6:00 PM Pacific Time (which would be at the time his supervisor was supposed to call). I caught onto this and asked him “so he will be calling after you are

already closed?” He responded: “Well, Anjonas usually stays late”. Of course he would not be there for me to bother him again. I never received a phone call from Anjonas.

This is by far the most un-customer friendly business I have dealt with, where they seemingly “pass-the-buck” around and hope you’ll give up on your request for refunds, un-authorized charges, etc. Little do they know, I guess, that this infuriates most people. As I tell people, they won’t refund me $38.00 for a charge I tell them I did not authorize nor did I receive any product or service for, and they continually dispute this and will not give me my money back. That tells you everything you need to know about this company. They are a fraud!

The Million-Dollar-Body company is somehow affiliated with Beachbody but I cannot figure out how. I think that Beachbody was the original owners when I place my order and Million-Dollar-Body bought them out.

We were also unexpectedly charged on our December bill for $38.87, but we were not aware at the time. We would like these charges credited back to us as well.

If you go online, there are numerous complaints of other customers who have similar fraudulent disputes as I have.

Comments

• Li
      17th of Sep, 2007

After canceling my order, I continued to receive the product and further charges. When I called to complain, they said I never canceled that portion of the order only another part. I had to again cancel and send the product back. This resulted with problems with my credit card.

Beware people!

• We
      5th of Feb, 2008
    Million Dollar Body - Keep sending product after return and cancellation of orders!
    3357 H Southpark Place
    North Carolina

I bought weight loss product from informational on TV. Added supplement to order. Sent back due to changing my mind and called to cancel future shipments. They continue to send supplement and charge me. I have not lived at the address they send product to since November 2007 and have not received any more product but I hear from ex neighbors they continue to deliver to that address and to charge me. I have tried to contact them but it is impossible to reach them at the above email they advertise as contact information on their website.

• Be
      8th of Feb, 2008

Please anyone with any other problems feel free to email me at messageboards@beachbody.com. My name is Pierre and after reading everyone’s complaints about our company I have personally set out to try and help solve the problems some of you all seem to be having.

I will only have access to this email account, so please I express patience if I have not responded in 24 hours. This also means that you will not have to deal with more than one agent in regards to your account. I am human too and I know how frustrating that can be! Especially when its about your finances!

Beachbody is a wonderful company with a GREAT product; I would love for everyone to want to experience this for themselves without having to worry about anything else but your health and fitness. I pledge to make that happen for everyone.

Thanks and I look forward to helping solve some of your problems and issues!

• Va
      14th of Mar, 2008
    Million Dollar Body - Sneaky credit card charges!
    Million Dollar Body

Million dollar body, their name came from the scam they run, they tell you that you have 30days to cancel, but then they don't send you the product for 10days, and when you finally cancel somehow its too late, so I have they are reading this, because I will get my money back. Trust me if there are enough of us that complain they won't be able to sneak their credit card charges for unused products or vitamins you did not order.

• De
      20th of Mar, 2008
    Million Dollar Body - CANCEL SHIPMENTS
    3357 H Southpark Place
    Ohio

I ordered a diet system several months ago. I received and returned the system. Since then, I have received several bottles of vitamins and my credit card has been hit several times. I have reported this to my bank and still it keeps happening. I received another bottle of vitamins today!!

• Na
      11th of Jun, 2008
    Million Dollar Body - CANCEL SHIPMENTS
    MILLION DOLLAR BODY
    3357 H SOUTHPARK PLACE
    Phone: UNKNOWN
    MILLIONDOLLARBODY.COM

I AM RETURNING THE LATEST PACKAGE DELIVERED TO ME AND CHARGED TO MY CREDIT CARD AS I DID WITH THE PREVIOUS PACKAGE. I HAVE WRITTEN A REQUEST, PRIOR TO THIS EMAIL, TO HAVE NO FURTHER SHIPMENTS OF "ACTIVIT" SENT TO ME. I WILL BE SHIPPING THIS PACKAGE VIA UPS RETURN AND WILL REQUEST, ONCE MORE, THAT THERE BE NO FURTHER SHIPMENTS OR CHARGES TO MY ACCOUNT. I WOULD FURTHER REQUEST THAT MY ACCOUNT BE CREDITED FOR THIS AND THE PREVIOUS PACKAGE I RETURNED AND THAT I BE NOTIFIED WITH SOME FORM OF CONFIRMATION THAT THIS MATTER HAS BEEN DEALT WITH ACCORDINGLY.
    THANKING YOU, IN ADVANCE, FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER I REMAIN...
    RESPECTFULLY YOURS,
    NANCYLEE RYAN-SAGAL

• Ka
      15th of Jul, 2008

Tony horton programmes are great. I tried ordering from beachbody and after waiting 5 business days i am being told it may be another week. Somehow they are short on supply. Come on you launch infomercials on tv and you do not have the product . give me a break

• Ka
      15th of Apr, 2009

IF THEY CORRECT YOUR ACCOUNT, I WILL BE SURPRISED. GOOD LUCK. BE NICE IF THEY SPOKE ENGLISH, SO YOU COULD UNDERSTAND THEIR LIES