Miller Cleaning / Rip off

I hired Miller Cleaning Inc. of Lincoln, NE to clean my home and paid in advance for 1 year to get a lower per visit rate ($1880-not cheap!). They duplicated charged me and won't refund the mistake (yes, that's over $3400 in charges that they are making interest on while it sits in their bank account and I pay interest on)! Their cleaning was poor, and they ruined a faucet. I cancelled the service after 3 months, hired an attorney and they still won't refund the duplicate charge plus the pro-rated amount for remainder of contract. I had to hire an attny., file complaint with BBB, file with my CC company to try to get the money back for me and more. I will post as many more complaints until I get my money back!

Va

Comments

• Er
      9th of Sep, 2008

Me too! Used harsh Oily spot cleaner on my laminate and wood floors with a sponge mop and then used the sponge mop on the front of my refrigerator. Dumped a dust pan full of dog hair in my closet, missed my house entirely a couple of times, left trash on the floor, forgot to clean entire levels or floors. Hung out in my living room and did nothing when they thought I wasn't home. She didn't hold up her end of the contract and is expecting us to. This means she is not returning over $1, 300.00 in services not provided. Insane that this woman is not in prison much less out of business for her practices.

• Er
      9th of Sep, 2008

Signed a year long contract and in return: Missed our house all together a couple of times, missed cleaning entire floors, I would come home and have to clean a floor they missed, take out trash, e.t.c They left trash on my floor, sat in my living room and did nothing when they thought I wasn't home, used spot cleaner on my laminate and wood floors with a sponge mop and then used the sponge mop on the front of my refrigerator, dumped a dust pan full of dog hair in my closet. Do you need more examples (I have some)???? Renea Miller didn't hold up her end of the contract and is expecting us to. She has insinuated that I am a liar and just picky even though she has not been at my house to observe the work or finished product. This means she intends to keep over $1, 300.00 in services not provided. I even talked to a former employee who said she isn't paying her employees. It's amazing this woman isn't in prison, mush less out of business.

13th of Feb, 2009

Renee Miller is proving to be a complete fraud and cheat. She has had over 8 months and many opportunities to resolve the problems in my first post above from Sept '08 and has done nothing. I had to resolve to small claims court to try to recover my $2700 plus in losses and she was a "no-show". Apparently she doesn't care how her company looks to the public and has absolutely no regard for her customers. Her work is supposed to be "guaranteed" yet she refuses to resolve any issues. Rumor has it (can't say where I heard it) that she's been having some financial problems and I know she had some personal problems in the past year or so. What I don't get is if she can't pay me back and can't afford to pay others back as well as other professionals she deals with, why is she continuing to spend endless amounts of money on advertising??? Every publication I pick up has some full color ad for her company in it and all I see is someone trying to hide money and avoid having to pay back those she's ripped off! If anyone out there has had trouble with this woman or her company please contact me and perhaps together we can reclaim our losses and she can pay for her horrible service.

• Ti
      24th of Mar, 2009

Beware of this outfit. Their service has increasingly gotten worse. There were numerous times where we had to have the crew come back in because they did not clean one of the rooms, didn't vacuum, didn't clean the hardwood floors, bathrooms, etc. (all of which is specifically outlined in the contract). We also had multiple occasions of the crew still being in our house after 5:00 P.M. My wife and I would come home from work and the cleaning crew would still be there. They had a 9 hour window (8:00 - 5:00) to get it done and were still around 'after hours'. We complained numerous times to the owner and it still went on. Finally, once we told the crew that they had to leave and reschedule it stopped. Their workers broke our bath tub drain and the owner initially agreed to reimburse us for the damages. She recommended her plumber, we used that plumber, and once services were rendered she said that she wouldn't pay for the tub. Completely irresponsible behavior on her part. We're also yet to be reimbursed for a broken collectible caused by one of their workers (a vase was also broken by one of their workers - but 'accidents happen' according to the owner). We told her in January that we no longer wished to use her service and wanted to be reimbursed for the unused sessions (we prepaid - huge mistake on our part) and we are yet to see any type of reimbursement numbers. If you're in the market for a cleaning service, this is definitely not the company to use!

28th of Mar, 2009

I feel your pain! Renee Miller owes me over $2900 for unused services and damages to my home. Many others have complained about her and her services and horrible business practices. She has "failed to appear" twice now in my court cases against her. You can read my BBB complaint and her responses at http://nebraska.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/300038715/c/jpe4tm Now she's trying to post nasty, made up stories about my landscaping company to get back at me for being honest about her company online and letting others know. I'm not worried about what she's saying because I know it's not true and anyone with half a brain will be able to figure that out. Have you taken any legal action to reclaim any of your losses?

28th of Mar, 2009

Hi Tim! Here's a link to my BBB complaint: http://nebraska.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/300038715/c/jpe4tm

• Ju
      20th of May, 2009

I worked for her for a couple of weeks about 2 and a half months ago. She has yet to pay me! She's had every excuse in the book. Yesterday I called her and told her I needed to know exactly when I would get paid, and she hung up on me!!! Turns out she's been taken to small claims court by several other employees for the same thing. I worked hard! I quit because 1) I smelled a rat, and 2) I hurt my back. I guess she's mad I quit, so this is how she's "punishing" me. How has she been allowed to stay in business? This is so maddening!

2nd of Jul, 2009

I worked for Renee Hill of Miller Cleaning last winter. Sure enough, when she refused to pay me and the other woman I was working with - cleaning a Church in north town - we quit. Which I think was the natural thing to do. We work to get paid, not to get pushed around and talked down to when we keep calling and never get answers. Call her too much and ask too many questions and she hangs up, or just plain stops answering her phone. I'm not one to sit down and watch this witch run off with my lost wages either, so my lawsuit has begun and Renee should be getting a visit by the Lincoln Police here pretty soon with a court summons. Of course, she probably owes half the city money - I'll try anyway. She has to be stopped. Renee Hill is the lowest form of human I've EVER dealt with. Subhuman, not real, no emotion, everything is everybody elses fault - she has no sense of pride or morals and slides by on other peoples hard work, walking on our backs. Email me at Sadclown456@netscape.net if you've been screwed over by this old, wrinkly, drug addled witch as well, and we can get together. Maybe you can jump in on my suit, which is in full swing. Karma is a ### Renee.