Millbrook Kennels / Bulldog Issues

1 Newton, MA, United States Review updated:

To: Maya's Parents: I read your post and just had to respond. I also bought a bulldog from Olga at Millbrook Kennels and purchased in May 2009. My bulldog Bubba turned 1 on February 25th, so I'm wondering if I have Maya's brother! Please let me know, I'd love to hear from you. This is my first bulldog so I don't have any other breeders to compare Millbrook Kennels to, but I would like to comment on a couple things. First of all, it didn't seem like a kennel at all. We went into her back yard and about 10 dogs came running out of her house. There were feces everywhere. On the dogs and ALL OVER THE YARD ! In turn, me, my husband, and my two sons all had feces on us when we left. She just laughed. It was very unsanitary. Secondly, she told us Bubba had a "Little Virus" and handed us a white powder medicine in an Advil bottle. I didn't give it to him, instead asking the vet when I took him for his New Puppy Check-Up. The vet said she didn't know what the white powder was, but if the bottle had any traces of Advil in it, it would have been deadly to Bubba. I had two red flags that day, unsanitary conditions for the dogs and that he was sick. My gut told me to walk away, but we had our son's with us and we just all fell in love with Bubba. I know bulldogs do have a lot of medical conditions, but I have a sickly bulldog and I can't help but think it's a breeding issue. Pooping out blood, peeing out blood, skin conditions, severe food allergies, and he has had Aspiration Pneumonia twice. Some breeders are just in it for the money and I don't think they understand how much pain it causes the families who get these unhealthy dogs. Money starts to become an issue and the poor dog is put through hell. Owners need to do their homework, but breeders also need to be upfront and honest with potential owners. It's a two-way street. Olga has a 20 day exchange clause for "debilitating genetic or congenital defects only". Who is going to do that? The puppy becomes part of your family the minute you take them home. We just love him and will do anything to make him better. BUYER BEWARE !!

Comments

8th of Mar, 2010

You must have Maya's brother! That's awesome! When did you pick your bully up? We reported to Olga on May 22nd that Maya was diagnosed with Giardia (a parasite, causing blood in her stool). She said she was going to start treating the rest of the pups that day. It is treated with a white powder substance. We can't believe she didn't tell you more (oh wait, we can...). Maya has MAJOR skin issues. She's allergic to lots of foods. We FINALLY found one that works, Natural Balance fish and sweet potato. She can't do anything with grains or wheats. We've been battling hotspots, scratches, etc. for a long time. Her meds from her surgeries were liver based, causing HUGE hot spots, but we couldn't take her off of them - we wanted her pain free, regardless of the spots!

• Bu
      12th of May, 2010

I also have a pup from the same litter! She, luckily, has not had one health issue to date. I've had dogs my whole life, including bulldogs and other bully breeds, so am well aware of all possible health issues prior to purchasing. Good luck with your pups!

• Bu
      10th of Aug, 2010

Does anyone have any good recommendations for bulldog breeders in NE? I have been searching for over 8 months and have yet to find the perfect match.
    thanks!

• Em
      11th of Feb, 2011

I purchased a pup from Olga in Summer 2008. The puppy was sold to as a male, and she is definitly 100% female. She was very sick, and we also got the white powder. The puppy ended up giving it to our 10 year old bully who almost died and stayed at the doggy ER all weekend hooked up to tubes! She also gave us some medication and told us it was a little virus. I did not give the puppy the medication because it just looked sketchy. She wrapped it in a plastic bad. The backyard was absolulety disgusting and all of the dogs were as you said covered in feces. Chloe finally grew out of her skin issues at age 2, I can tell you that we found hers to be puppy mange and gave her puppy vitamins to boost her immune system and she is doing much better. We originally thought her skin condition was due to allergies and so we put her on California Natural Lamb and Rice. This food does her well.

• Em
      11th of Feb, 2011

I believe there is a breeder in Barrington, NH that is awesome. She is also a groomer I believe.

4th of Aug, 2017

Also Olga knowingly sleeps with married men.