Miley Cyrus TicketsTicketmaster took my tickets off me

B Review updated:

Miley Cyrus announced a concert in Dublin, and to make sure I got tickets for my daughters I joined the Miley Cyrus Fan Club. By doing this I would get a pre-sale code and would be able to buy them the monday before they went on sale to the general public.

All went well and I purchased four seats, very close to the front and basically centre stage. Family friends then asked if i could get them tickets, the night before they went on sale to the general public. These friends are not the most technological people, and trusted me to get the tickets.

Again there was no issue and I purchased four really good seats. However I was informed a day later that they would be traveling the day of the concert (away on holidays) and that they apologise for wasting my time. I had no problem with this as I was just doing them a favor.

As I had four extra tickets I decided to sell them on Ebay, thus that day I put them up for auction. Today I received a call informing me that all 8 tickets have been cancelled as I am using the tickets to make a profit.

I have several issues with the tickets being cancelled. Primarily I bought the tickets for friends and not for profitable purposes thus my I had good intentions. Secondly I put them on Ebay to sell them as I was hardly going to let them go to waste, what else is there to do with them? Finally I would like to know why am I being picked on? What about the other thousand tickets that are being sold online for a profit for many worldwide concerts? If it is illegal then why does Ebay allow it? Why are other sites set up specifically for selling on tickets?

I feel my tickets have been taken off me unjustifiably, and it seems I can do nothing about it.

•   Jun 18, 2009

Thats terrible. I could'nt imagine the heartbreak of your girls. Sorry to hear this.

• B
      Jun 18, 2009

In response to "No Thanks" I accept your comments.

However these tickets were in high demand, and as I am fast with computers my friends reckoned I would have a better chance of purchasing them. For the record they tried to get them as well but failed.

I would also like to question your comment about me "cheating the system". What else was I to do with the tickets?

• R
      Jun 21, 2009

Mr NoThanks, For your info, who said scalping is illegal? I think you should know that TicketMaster was sued for trying to do scalping. Get your facts straight!

• 1
      Jun 26, 2009

So in my opinion, Ticketmaster should have at least let you keep the first 4 tickets. As a mother of 2 young girls who are very excited to attend the concert...you have my sympathies.

• T
      Jul 04, 2009

you got what you deserved. You got greedy dont buy the i bought them for a friend you bought them thinkin you could make a profit so glad you got caught its because of fools like you that my girsls have missed out on the concert.I hope ticket master ban you from buying tickets for life

• R
      Jul 04, 2009

Where do all these self-righteous ###s come from... get a life. She did it all above board and seems quite a gebuine persoin. Get off your high horses and get a life and take out your frustrations on someone who really deserves them. Leave the OP alone... try getting in touch with Ticketmaster and see if you can rectify the situation. These things do happen in REAL LIFE... and you see tickets for resale all the time when circumstances arise and people can't use tickets. I've done it myself... who in this day and age can afford to be down that amount of cash for someone else's inconsideration and your generoisty. Your friends should have taken the tickets anyway, seeing as they asked for them.

Hope it gets rectified. I'm one of those Mums who couldn't get tickets and would have loved the opportunity to get some. for my girls.

• C
      Oct 05, 2009

Warning his might sound a little goofy to some. If tickets are purchased with my husband credit card and I'm taking my daughter to the concert will they let us in? Since my name is not on the credit card and they use the credit card as proof will they let us in?

• K
      Oct 20, 2009

Did they refund your money? Sorry about your trouble>>

Nov 15, 2009

my sister bought my daugter tickets for Miley Cyrus in Manchester and it will be her details on credit card also, I have made several phone calls to both ticketmaster and MEN arena and cant get a clear answer will I only need her credit card with me on the night or does she have to be their also!!! flying over from NI for the concert so would need to know before hand, what ID exactly will be checked!!
    can someone please let me know if they get an answer

• T
      Dec 16, 2009

if i had asked someone to get me tickets on internet and then couldnt go i would feel obliged to pay for same and not expect them to be out of pocket just because i realised i couldnt go on that date The cheek of anyone to leave a person stuck when all they were doing was what they asked them to do so i am finding it hard to believe your story (sorry) and another thing is you were trying to sell on ebay which had you read the terms and conditions of sale of those particular tickets would have realised that these tickets were non transferable so you would have stuck some other unfortunate with same

Jan 01, 2010

im amy im a 11 years old .the cheek of you to make a profit on ebay .i feel sorry for your girls who where really happy to get miley cyrus tickets i would die to get tickets to miley cyrus although i have been to 4 concerts nearly 5 because im going to see x factor tour in march 16 2010 .back to the story my mam is trish who also done a coment .my mam was trying to get miley cyrus ticktes but coulddnt because they were sold out in what 4 mins .if my mam did get me and sister and my cousin emma miley cyrus tickets in dublin 02 and if family or friends asked my mam to get tickets for miley cyrus my mam wouldnt mind but if they couldnt make it that date my mam wouldnt mind . but people like you make profits on ebay .next time miley cyrus comes here dont make that mistake cause you will get caught and think of thousands of kids or teens who would love to see miley cyrus but cant because people like you . I HOPE TICKETMASTER NEVER LET YOU GET TICKETS AND IF THEY ARGEE WITH ME IM GLAD.

• B
      Jan 09, 2010

the cheek of u 2make a profit on ebay.i would die 4 them tickets. you have some right mind 2 go and do that!!you should have a month in jail no dout about that!you think people would suck up 2 u and your story.but i do feel sorry 4 your kids i bet your kids are mad at you . if i asked 4 tickets of someone and then could not make it i would pay 4 the tickets if you couldnt sell them .next time be cereful. I HOPE TICKETMASTER NEVER LET YOU GET TICKETS AND IF THEY AGREE WITH ME IM GLAD iam only a kid but iam right!!!

• S
      Mar 19, 2010

i dont like the way u did that frek u really should be arsteed like somebody get the girl red handed like i am so happy ur are not aloud to go to ticketmaster anymore o yeh and on the top it says ebay scams and your big fat ugly face will appear on it hahahaha ur child or u cant go to concerts and i will be going to lots like rihanna cant wait.

Apr 01, 2010

hello again this is amyrocks991 i still cant belive someone like you to make a profit and do that big mistake yeah will all make mistakes in life but still i do think you are being very very greedy about this story i still do not 100 percent belive your story (SORRY) but if you look at youtube or something if you write at the top miley cyrus tixects on videos you will see lots and lots of kids crying over miley cyrus tickets you kids would probley see that and think i never got a chance to have tha oprutnity and if your kids are reading this look at all this bad coments inculding me talk about what wrong mistake your monther has caused and im sorry you mam ruined it on you to miss miley cyrus in dublin i dont plam you if you never speak to your mam again cause if that was me i would never talk to my mam till im around 35 or 23 years old ( 11 now ) but please dont do it again

• J
      Apr 06, 2011

are we crying over spilt milk here?
    i don't like miley cryus in the first place so i would never buy tickets. Im just one of the lucky ones i guess.