Mikes Coins / Terrible experience

1 146 Forrest DrHolland, PA, United States Review updated:

I purchased $1200 worth of silver dollars from Ebay seller mikescoins1 owned by Mike Lavanga (he also has mikescoins2 and walruscoins). This seller is a complete fraud and ebay protects him due to the amount of fees they earn from him. This seller sent me Nothing and the tracking was false the tracking he showed was false and showed delivery to Boston. Now i am in las Vegas and boston is a fair way away, I left him negitive feed back and i got emails from 25 other buyers whom he had also defrauded .

He is now running $1 free shipping items as this is the only way he can balance his masses of negitive feedback over 5% of buyers lave him negitive or neutral it appears he only ships the cheap stuff and commits fraud on the expensive stuff. I lost my $1200 but do not become one of Mike Lavanga's Victims He has many of them his feedback combined with my experience indicates he is a fraudsters.

And sets prey in innocent internet users seeking a bargain online not being prepared for the fact that there are fraudsters like him on the net.

Va

Comments

• Ga
      21st of Aug, 2008

I AGREE I ALSO HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY MIKESCOINS.COM

21st of Aug, 2008

The poster has posted the same false information under several different names on several different forums.

We do recall a $1200 transaction for silver dollars where the buyer signed for the item and claimed non-receipt. Since the poster is using a false name we cannot verify if this was him, but in this case, the buyer claimed non-receipt and the buyer signed for the box. Paypal isn't stupid and if we really sent a delivery confirmation in Boston they would find in favor of the buyer.

This buyer also then went and created a new User ID, bid on a number of our items, didn't pay, and left negative feedbacks. Ebay permanently suspended this user for false contact information and malicious bidding. This wasn't a protection given to us due to our standing as a Powerseller, anyone who gives false contact information or bids maliciously gets suspended.

The poster is angry that he did not get $1200 of silver dollars for free and is therefore printing false information. The poster knows if he gives his real name that he will be liable for damages as the information is patently false.

29th of Sep, 2008

I also agree with big A. He tried to scam me but I have to say thanks to paypal protection and creditcard protection that he didn't get away with it...after two complains I got all my money back. The case was that he never sent me the coins that I paid for, then he tried to sent me a false tracking number and answered to my mails (if answered) that the item was sent...truth was that they were never sent. I live in Finland and usually I tust people very much, but after this I've become very much bewary.

Only thing that I'm wondering about this is WHY didn't ebay react to this in any possible way...allthough paypal and my creditcard company did in quite a harsh way because of all the evidence that I showed them.

All in all this whole process took my precious time (and nerves) quite a lot and I hope that ebay will show some action towards this hustler in near future! (this happend about a year ago and looking for this sellers account nothing has happened in a mean while).

-Matti from Finland-

• Mi
      19th of Nov, 2008

Matti,

We did ship your items and like many international transactions your order got lost in the mail. We lost on the transaction, you got all your money back. We also got an unwarranted negative feedback from you as well as a BBB complaint. I would appreciate it if you would stop making these remarks as we did nothing wrong.

• Mi
      19th of Nov, 2008

International first class mail does not get scanned in, so you wouldn't see if it was shipped or not until it actually got delivered to you.

• Ri
      5th of Dec, 2008

Mike, you are know these posters are telling the truth. you cannot help but be slow in shipping as your boys are busy dipping the coins. WE ALL KNOW WHAT YOU DO!!!

• Jr
      23rd of Jan, 2009

If PayPal did infact care about Mike ripping folks off they would not allow him to switch back & forth between mikescoins1, mikescoins2, & walruscoins whenever his stuff gets too deep.The fact that he keeps extra accounts to switch to speaks volumes of his intentions. As for ebay they could care less as long as they get their money. I would hope the whole mess with the 3 of them is getting close to a class action lawsuit. He also damages other sellers with his actions, & many of his answer under feed back are more than a little defameing. So ripped off sellers should not be his only concern.

• Ri
      24th of Jan, 2009

January 2009

Purchased a roll of Morgan EU silver dollars...finally after over a month and six phone calls and several email messages (emails were never responded to) received the coins. What seems to be happening is Mike's selling coins he doesn't possess, but first uses buyers money to purchase merchandise he doesn't own. Seems like "kiting" checks or a Ponzei scheme. Mike admitted on the phone that he was waiting on a shipment of coins before he could fill my order.

Had the coins really been EU quality I wouldn't be complaining, but these coins looked like crap...totally inferior.

• Jr
      24th of Jan, 2009

Dipping does not do anything for coins but remove any value they may have had. Your problem with Mike is not unusual. When acomplaint is made he attempts to threaten most recently by claiming his wife is a lawyer (which he is not) and you will be sued. If you paid with a credit card (even through PayPal it should be easy to get your money back through the credit card company. If not good luck with PayPal.

25th of Jan, 2009

U didn't sent me anything and you know it yourself, stop this stupid lieing...you tried to scam me with your fake tracking codes and e-mails -> but I got my money back because I did prove your scam to paypal and my credit card company, that's the only reason. There is nothing else for you to say, that you could prove that otherwise.

Oh, I forgot to post that when I was trying (and thank god, it was possible thanks to my own activity) to get my money back from this low life hustler, there was many same kind off rip offs going on at the same time (I saw it from mike's feedback and same time many of the scammed people contacting me and saying that don't leave it to be, we must do something about this together).

So I think that Mike you don't have anything to say so that you could really get out of these accusations, that I think are all most likely 100% truth.

27th of Jan, 2009

I purchased two BU silver morgan dollars from his ioffer.com account back in September 2008. I have yet to receive anything. I have e-mailed and called him repeatedly. He never responds to e-mails, and most of his phone conversations are answered by someone else and end with them calling to confirm a tracking number. I only paid $40, but I am broken hearted. I am a grad. student and some weeks I spend less than $40 on food. On the occasions I tutor high school students and undergrads for some extra cash it might take me 10+ hours to make $40. I am very sick to think about this.

Matti,

You got your money back because we couldn't prove delivery. As we said, International First Class mail does not get scanned. Someone got it, we believe it that it wasn't you, but we didn't get it back. Therefore we are out the coins, the money, and hav eyou bashing us on these forums. The BBB dismissed your claim as unfounded.

Lin,

Please email us at sales@mikescoins.com with your correct address and we will resend the coins.

Ripped off,

Can you explain what was wrong with the coins? We have no problem giving you a refund if you don't like them.

Mike

• Ne
      28th of Jan, 2009

I too bought coins from Mike. I didn't get ripped off, but it did take filing a compliant with PayPal after numerous unanswered emails over the course of a month to get them shipped. The coins were listed as B.U. Walking Liberty Halves a total of 20. When they finally arrived, I was so disappointed, of the 20 coins 2 were sliders and the other 18 were fine to E.F... all had been dipped. I filed a SNAD with ebay, and left negative feedback for him. That's when the fun began! He filed a false NPB with ebay, I had the proof they required, and then he went through SquareTrade to try and get the negs removed, told them the items were shipped the day after payment, the postage label had the ship date as four before I recieved the coins. From there he sent threatening emails, called my house, and again filed NPB with ebay. If you check all the negative feedback left for him (toolhaus.org) it clear to see he lies about the description of the coins he sells. As for the length of time it takes to receive your coins, who knows what goes on there. Even his scheme of giving away Ike dollars to bolster his ratings seem to have backfired on him.

29th of Jan, 2009

Typical post from this hustler...never admit anything, never stop lieing -> that's the motto. I think that all these posts here shows what's really the truth. Good luck Mike and God bless you!

29th of Jan, 2009

OK mike, here is your e-mail to me that you sent after 4-5 of my unaswered e-mail reguests about the coins:

Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2008 12:10 AM
    Subject: Your Coins, Mike's Coins

Matti,

I do show an order shipped to you, but it was 2 ounces and was for Half Dollars. We must have confused the shipments and thought it was shipped, so I am very sorry. If you agree to remove the negative feedbacks, I will promptly refund your money. If you want the coins again, just repay the invoice and we will ship right away.

Mike
    Mike's Coins

So that is the e-mail where you admit that you didn't sent me the coins (here on this forum you're telling that you did sent them)...do you recall. So please, explain this e-mail that you sent to me?

• Mm
      23rd of Apr, 2009

I agree that Mikescoins.com is a rip-off.I also have ordered coins that I have never received
    now 5 weeks ago.i have asked for a refund, that i have not received.He will not return phonecalls, from messages left on answering machine.Total ###.

c

• Bl
      25th of May, 2009

Mike Lavanga claims on his website to be a top ebay seller, but the truth is he has been permanently banned from selling on ebay because of his scams. His website also claims membership in the American Numismatic Association which is also untrue because I called them and asked. Based on his wide spread reputation as a scammer and thief, I am guessing his claim to belong to the Better Business Bureau is also a lie.

Notice his ebay feedback excuses and his excuses here are all the same - "competitor trying to ruin my good name", "tried to claim item not received, but delivery was signed for", "using false name and has made these claims before" - all ring untrue. Anyone that spends this much time defending his name has little left to defend.

Mike scammed me for nearly $900 on silver dollars that were never even shipped, since he provided a fraudulent tracking number. If you are reading and wondering if you were cheated after dealing with him, I suggest you weigh the volume of victims against the thin excuses of the scam artist as you decide how to proceed. Once I got an attorney involved, he folded. You should do the same.

• St
      13th of Jun, 2009

This guy is a scam artist of the worst kind. There is not one aspect of his business that is honest. He's an all-around liar. At the moment he is not selling anything on eBay under Mikescoins, but in late January, I ordered 60 Mercury Dimes from him that he described as BU. They were highly circulated and somehow had rust on the fronts and sometimes the reverses. (He claimed this was toning.) He opened an unpaid item dispute over it, despite the fact that I had paid with PayPal using the "Buy It Now" eBay option. I got my money back, but he made the experience of dealing with him as miserable as possible. Having his lips ground to bits in a meat grinder would be too kind. I have only given negative eBay feedback one time and this guy is it.