mike j art world / scam artist

1 United Arab Emirates Review updated:

they send you counterfiet check/money orders in the mail, with instructions on how to distribute the funds. It all looks real and sounds good especially when your in a financial bind, and you are looking for a way out. But don't be fooled it's not a real job opportunity, you'll end up oweing the bank that money if you deposit and disperse the funds. I pray that you don't fall victum to these scam artists. I don't have the email address but it's from 'Dr. mike johnson' but this isn't the only one, there are plenty of scammers out there, I had four in one week. Just know that no one is going to send you any money that you've never met, or have you send money to someone else. DON'T DO IT, THROW THOSE CHECKS/MONEY ORDERS IN THE TRASH THEY ARE NOT REAL!

Comments

Ev
  10th of Nov, 2008

I have been receiving these emailed job opportunities for some time now. The email address for "Dr Mike" is mikejart112@yahoo.com.hk . Luckily I did some research before I submitted any information and came across your posting...Thanks! You saved me a lot of time, effort and money!

Ci
  12th of Nov, 2008

The email address of the scam "Dr. Mike Johnson" is:

mikejart112@yahoo.com.hk

Mi
  25th of Nov, 2008

I had received the same offer. It seemed to good to be true. They actually sent me two checks in hopes of cashing them. Luckily I talked to my grandparents before I made the biggest mistake ever. Thank goodness I actually listened to them. Do you have any way that I can report them? Thanks again for your post.

Mi
  29th of Nov, 2008

I received the same offer today. Thanks to you folks, now I know what to do. By the way Mike's e-mail addresses are: mikejarthk@aol.com & apply@mikejart.co.uk

Li
  29th of Nov, 2008

To all new users, here is the standard e-mail you may receive from Mike Johnson:

Greetings to you My name is Dr. Mike Johnson, I am an artist. I own MIKE J ART in London (United Kingdom) We Have a job offer available for you in response to your initial requesting the job search directory for USA, CANADA, UK AND EUROPE. We are based in Asia. We have been receiving orders from North America which we have not been able to process completely since we do not have a payment receiving personnel in this area. So we have decided to recruit Payment Officer online. Hence we will need a representative to process out payment in this area and get 10% on each payment being processed and you will make at least close to $1, 800 weekly. All you will be doing is receive payments from my customers in the States in form of MONEY ORDER'S or TRAVELER'S CHEQUE, Then take to you bank and Cash then deduct 10% and have the remaining 90% sent back to me via western union money transfer. If interested Kindly get back with this information below and i will furnish back with further and more details on this, Please have it in mind this is 100% legit and would not affect you present job nor cost you dime of your Personal money. APPLICATION FORM Full Name, Address in full, City, State, Zip code, Phone Number. Have receive or done an offer like this? Yes or No? If yes give out Come? Do you have an Online banking account with the Bank Of America? Email:mikejarthk@aol.com Regards Dr Mike Johnson

25th of Feb, 2009

Wow...THANK YOU! I'm really glad I did not waste my time and energy. Shame on them.

Ma
  1st of Oct, 2009

Mike johnson is working with a College professor Brian Mulzulki who scams deaf and elderly and women online for thier money Mike says it's an organization, i see as illegel activity no body wants to deal with . They sure don't like it though that I am taking it seriously to stop these wusses here's two emails to look out for "Mike Johnson" , mikejohnson2007@yahoo.com He is not dangerious just hungry for money the enconmy is effecting their efforts or more people are listening to not responding to his pathetic attempt of scamming us. H e accused me of in April22, 2009 of telling his secret of stealing diamond from nigeria and saling them her in America "he said i can't keep my mouth closed and they could handle me well I am not allowing him to scam you or any one else so yes i went to the police twice he asked for 500.00 dallars on the same down in our conversation and called me his sweetie and his angel and he never got it. I stood up to this ### and their stalking organization of wusses .They'll be back but isaid hell will freeze before he gets money and Mike You can't keep a story straight to even scam anyone any more.

Ju
  23rd of May, 2010

I think he's on the go again except with a different name.

He said he's Michael James, an artist in Japan this time, with his wife Mrs. Sarah Ann Karen. He says his company is from the "Guild of Seven Artistry" or something like that and they're recruiting payment officers online too! Here's the email:

My name is Micheal James, I am an artist with my wife Mrs. Sarah Ann Karen, our company deals in sales of different kind of Arts works, e.g Graphic Art, Sculpture and Vase. We have customers all over the globe and we have been receiving orders from USA, AUSTRALIA and some other countries in the world, which we have not been able to process completely since we do not have a payment receiving personnel in those Areas. We have decided to recruit payment officers online, I mean we are looking to employ a representative to process our payments in these areas - due to delays in processing international checks and money orders here in Japan .Art Gallery Japan needs someone to work from home and act as a payment manager to our customers in his or her area. If you will like to work online from home and get paid weekly without leaving or affecting your present job. please fill in the application form bellow. ( NO SELLING, NO KITSTO BUY, WE DO NOT CHARGE OR REQUEST ANY APPLICATION FEE. )
COMMISSION: 10% of every payment you processed. Money orders / Checks that is cashed instantly, is what you get from the total cashed amount. (EXAMPLE) If you receive a check of $5, 000.00 your net income is $500.00. You will process at least 3-4 orders per WEEK

IMPORTANT NOTE:
We DO NOT ask you for any personal information, (Example) No bank names, No bank account number, routing number, credit card, passwords, SSN # etc. If anyone asks for those on our behalf, please do not give this information out to anyone. This is to ensure your security and non involvement in cases of Identity theft. United State and Canadian. If you cares to work from home without affecting your present jobs kindly get back to me and fill in the employment form below.

APPLICATION REQUIREMENT
Ability to read and write
Ability to use the internet.
Prompt reply to our emails.
If you meet these conditions do not wait to get back to us asap and fill in the application form below.
APPLICATION FORM

First Name:
Middle Name:
Last Name:
Contact / Home address: ( P.O BOX NOT ACCEPTTED )
State.City, Zipcode:
Have you ever engage in any Online Job Offer Before?:

Micheal James
Gild of seven artistry
gildofseven@gmail.com

So yeah. I don't know if he's the exact same guy, but it sure sounds like it. I've been trying to search him up too but this article is the closest one I could get too. If they're really as popular as they say, then their name should appear online right? But no, it doesn't.

What I really don't get is why people like him would scam people like this? I mean what do they get from it, really? The check's fake and we get in trouble but in the end, they don't get any money either right?

Do
  26th of Sep, 2012

I replied and this is what I got back. Seemed a bit shady, with all the talk about charity and orphanages and then the certified cashiers checks. I found this posting and this is my reply. If it sounds too good to be true then it probable is.

Hello,
I'm Dr Mike Johnson, 46yrs of age, I'm a physician, I have been pretty successful in a handful of ventures which have involved. I'm presently working with UNICEF and other private organizations, also various welfare and community service programs. I most very often get my hands occupied, so it is imperative for me to have a worthy
personal administrative assistant who can monitor and keep me update with my monetary activities.
As my assistant, your activities will be.
* Running personal errands and monitoring.
* Making regular schedule and Drop-offs on my behalf.
* Taking care of some of my Financial activities
* Process Payables and Purchase orders for submission
Basic wages is $ 500 per week.
I want us to get a head start with things as soon as possible. I do have a pile up of work and a number of unattended chores which you can immediately assist me with and i hope we can meet up with the workload eventually. Permit me to use the coming week to test your efficiency and diligence towards all this, also to work out your time schedule and fit it to mine.I really need to find the perfect person for this job, I have confident in you that you can take-up the challenge and on the long run we should have a relatively sound working relationship between each other.
This is only an introductory e-mail, as time goes on we should be able to arrange a proper meeting to get things started officially when i get back from my trip because am currently in Dubai, meeting up with a corporate company.So i will be here for couples of weeks, till i get back this position will be a part-time and home-based job because my new office in your local area will not be set up till i get back to the state.
I'm online most of the time as I am hard of hearing so I prefer we contact each other through E-mails but if there is need for me to call, I will be glad to do that. I am glad you are willing to work with me and i promise to be a good boss. I am also glad on the commitment in working with me. I have been checking my files and what
i would want you to do for me is to run some errands out to some of the orphanage home which I do every month. The funds will be in form of certified Cashier's Check, it will be sent over to you from one of my clientsand I will e-mail the guidelines to you once you receive it.
PLEASE FILL THE APPLICATION FORM BELOW:
Cell Phone Number:
Home Phone Number:
Email Address:
Age:
Once I have received your application form, I will get back to you with the task for the week ahead. Please understand that you will be paid ($ 500 per week) as well as it's important for me to make the necessary steps before i get back from my trip.
NOTE: This position is home-based and flexible part time job, you can be in any location, and it is free to start.