Mighty Net Inc. / MNI Credit Report / Charges of $11.95 for free services

United States Review updated:
My name is Matt Whatley. I recently singed on to freecreditreport.com to check my credit. The site asked my credit card number. It mad it very clear that this was a free service, and my card would NOT be charged. It said the credit card number was needed to verify credit history ONLY. Since then I have received monthly charges from MNI Credit report. I have NEVER authorized this company to charge my credit card. I did a search of this company on the internet and have found countless people who have experienced the exact problem. Some dating back nearly a year. Many said in their posts they were going to notify the BBB. How is this not theft and fraud? How is this company till in operation? Something needs to be done about this very soon. I am about to call my credit card company to block all charges from MNI, and then call MNI to see if i can get some sort of an explanation. Please notify me of any advice, or actions being taken.

Sincerely,
matt whatley

Comments

Ve
  14th of Jan, 2008
They charged me 3 times in two days months after I got a single report. CREDITREPORT.COM is a bunch of crooks!
Ma
  3rd of Apr, 2008
i, too, have been billed $11.95 on my credit card. I called their number and they requested my social sec number and credit card number, to which I replied they already have that information.What's going on?
Je
  23rd of Aug, 2008
I had the exact same experience.
An
  11th of Feb, 2010

CREDITREPORT.COM /MIGHTY NET.INC - WILL NOT LET ME CANCEL
CREDITREPORT.COM/MIGHTY NET INC

COMPANY WILL NOT LET ME CANCEL DURING ME FREE TRIAL SO THEY CAN CHARGE ME MONEY I DO NOT HAVE
Bo
  24th of Jul, 2010
I was also charged in my checking account and the bank said there was noting i could do. I closed the account and reopened a new one to stop the recurring charges that were illegally debited from my account. They have made millions from this scam and do it via point rewards on various browser games such as Fallen Swords; etc.