MIGHTY NET INC / CAN'T GET INTO WEB SITE TO CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION

1 P.O. BOX 9153Canoga Park, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-408-4016

COMPANY CHARGED ME $1.00 THEN A SECOND CHARGE OF
$24.95 TO VIEW ALL THREE CREDIT REPORTS AND CREDIT SCORES, THEN THEY SAID THAT I HAD 3 DAYS TO CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION AT THE ABOVE WEB SITE. BUT WHEN YOU
TYPE IN THE WEB SITE YOU CANNOT GET INTO IT TO CANCEL
THE MEMBERSHIP...THESE CREDIT REPORTS/SCORES ARE
SUPPOSED TO BE FREE IF YOU CANCEL THE MEMBERSHIP
WITHIN 3 DAYS, AND IF YOU DON'T CANCEL YOUR CREDIT
CARD WILL BE CHARGED AND ALL I WANTED TO DO IS TO
CHECK MY CREDIT REPORTS AND SCORES FOR ACCURACY.
RICHARD R. ATKINS
812 SOUTH ELLIOTT ST.
EVANSVILLE, IN [protected]

Comments

7th of Sep, 2008

I am trying to cancel this agreement with creditreport.com date 09-08-08 can't get into the web site to cancel please pass this on or give me other way to go by this cancellation!

• Kc
      28th of Sep, 2008

Took down all the info from their site, tried to cancel, and there is no way offfered. A Rip!

• Sh
      14th of Oct, 2008

I went on line for a free credit report and have TWO charges on my charge card. They told me I didn't read the entire disclosure agreement. I looked everywhere for charges while on line, and was never alerted I would have to pay 24.95 to see the ratings for all three agencies, then was signed up for monitoring for another 12.95. I'm writing to the better business bureau now. I am really upset.

• De
      4th of Nov, 2008

I also tried to cancel with no luck I tried several times finally found a complaint board that gave me a phone number, I had also wrote down all the info that was on the site the first time to make sure I was able to cancel but when I tried to reach it it said no domain name and I know I wrote it down right and double checked it, thank god for the complaint board with the phone number.

• Ro
      7th of Nov, 2008

My wife Gloria got a FREE credit report in March 2008. I requested that it not be continued past the free period. I am still being charged $12.95 per month on my Visa account.
    I just called their 866 number and cancelled again, today Nov. 7, 2008. I was given a cancellation number and was told that an E-mail was sent to me confirming the cancellation. I have not received the E-mail.

24th of Nov, 2008

Need to cancel. Only wanted free credit report.

1st of Dec, 2008

i used my visa card for verifycation of age and free trial, and when i didn't want to be charged for it i went to cancel the free trial, and i can't seem to find out how to cancel before they automatically assume i want to be a member they told me to go to "WebInAccess.com" to cancel please help ASAP

• Di
      6th of Mar, 2009

If you want to cancel you need to click the link "contact us" right next to "member login" on the home page of the website that click the check down box to get the number to cancel the free trial. It is no scam in step two of getting your report where you put in the credit card info. There is a shopping cart right next to that right underneath the shopping cart it tells you the offer details. Right above the boxes where you put in the credit card # it state "your credit card will not be billed while in trial period" Right on the first page of the website in the big blue box it also state in there and in the terms and conditions that is 4 places to look and you dont have to click to read any of that. You will get a seven or a thirty day free trial of the credit monitoring if you order a 3-in-1 report you will get charged 29.95. There is no canceling in three days to get the 3-in-1 report for free. You get ONE report and ONE score for free. If you stupid mother ###ers would read you might not get charged b/c Im tired of listening to you ### when you call in b/c you was to ignorant to read the website. I have to listen to people cuss me out like I put there information in the computer. If it says FREE but asks you for a credit card it probably isnt free for ever dumbasses

• Do
      16th of Mar, 2009

I to recently only wanted to get the free credit check information, I have tried several time to get into the web-site to cancel my membership before the trial period is up but have been unable to do so, I feel that I have no other choice but to contact my State Attorney General and see if something can be done.

• Ge
      27th of Mar, 2009

MightyNet Inc. is sneaky! If you're having problems with their web site, call 1-818-685-1111 to reach them and they will cancel for you. Their address is: PO Box 9153
    Canoga Park, CA 91304

• Ps
      28th of Jan, 2010

Agreed. I found the 1-888 number to call yesterday and the lady cancelled my service after trying to barter with me for a "lower rate". Then, after I thought that I was good to go, they STILL sent me an email asking me to go to their website and login... said I had to hit the "cancel subscription" button to complete my cancellation. What?! You mean to tell me that I called this lady on the phone just to have them add a "feature" to my account so that I CAN cancel???

So I went through the cancel screens and they still try to trick you into "purchasing" partner services... click here, select that, next screen, next screen... but don't close their little ad mechanism; you have to endure it to get to the last screen. It's just not fair to me, as a taxpaying consumer, that a company like this is allowed to operate under deliberately misleading pretenses, in my my USA. Sure, they have the right to market to their hearts' content, but we should have the right to walk away at a moment of our choosing (without having to keep paying them!).