Midwest Clearing Inc. / Door-to-door peddling

1 Redding, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 917-453-8172

Two African American women walking door-to-door in Redding, CT supposedly selling magazine subscriptions in order to gain points for a large prize. They claim to be poor with children, pictures shown, and asking to come in and rest since their hot and tired. The magazine subscriptions are twice or three times the actual price. Saying that the cost is so high so that they can get a bonus, that is how they are working. It's all BS, and this should not be allowed to happen. There are so many complaints about this company... why is it not shut down and not able to do business?

Jo

Comments

• Li
      26th of Sep, 2010
    Midwest Clearing Inc. - tell you why
    midwest clearing inc.

look you dumb ###s some of those people are really who they say they are, maybe if you take your thumbs out your ### you can see they just working to get a head . realize we have good cops we have bad cops but we still gone call them when we need them right!!! just stop thinkin bad ### all the time and just help someone for the right reasons, get over yourselves. i will help anyone who comes to my door anytime cause at least they working. cause if they wasnt you ###s would complain about that... do the job these people are doing and then tell how it feels. i forgot most of yall sit at home aint never worked...

11th of Nov, 2011
    Midwest Clearing Inc. - All I want is my $55.00 for the magazine that I never received
    Midwest Clearing Inc.

Placed an order with a door to door sales person for a magazine subscription to US Weekly in May 2009 for $55.00. Never received magazine called 12/21/09 and spoke with Casey said I needed to send a copy of receipt. I immediately did that and never received my refund. Called 2/23/10 spoke to Dave explained everything to him and was told that my refund was being processed and I would be receiving my refund shortly. Never received refund. Called again 3/23/10 spoke to Dave again he appologized and said that I should expect my refund within 1 to 3 weeks. Never received refund. Called again on 4/15/10 said that someone would get back to me shortly. Never called me back. Called again on 4/28/10 spoke to Dave again. Dave was now nasty and said that I was a liar and that I was told my refund was being processed on 3/23/10 not that I would be receiving my refund within that 3 week period. At this point things became heated between Dave and myself because I told him that I spoke to him on that date and that he was lying to me and I wanted my money back now. I have been more then nice to this man. He is now telling me that I shall receive my check on May 7th. I will call everyday if I have to to make sure that I receive my refund. All I want is my $55.00 for the magazine that I never received.

• Um
      12th of Feb, 2012
    Midwest Clearing Inc.

Ordered Magazines in October 2011 and never received. Called in February and was promised that the magazine would arrive in 1-2 months. Website has been shut down. Phones have been disconnected. This company is a scam and has shut down now that the word is out.