Midwest Air Care / WARNING - bad company!

1 1187 W Kansas StLiberty, MO, United States
Phone: 816-335-9985

Filed against :
Midwest Air Care
1187 West Kansas St.
Liberty MO 64068

Complaint Description:
I responded to a coupon in a newspaper insert for duct cleaning for $49.95. Upon arrival, was presented with a proposal for $1769.94 to do 'recommended treatment'. When I balked at the price, and expressed irritation that I was expecting to pay $49.95, the man (sort of like a car dealer) called 'his manager' and lowered the price twice. I finally agreed to just clean the ducts for $124.95. What they did was simply blow all of the dirt into the air. Ever since this "treatment" by Midwest Air Care, I've been sick. Dirt, dust, and debris was blown throughout the house, into beds, linens, carpets, furniture - everything. I will most likely spend hundreds cleaning all of the carpets and furniture. I called the company to inquire as to why they didn't 'capture' the dirt, but instead just blew it out into the environment. I also, earnestly trying to be helpful, suggested to the man that, when they print a coupon saying that your air ducts can be cleaned for $49.95, and then a sales rep presents a proposal for $1769.94, that 'bait and switch' is irritating and bad business. I furthermore suggested that, if NOT doing the 'recommended treatment' (for a whopping $1769.94) would actually make things worse, that it might be in customers best interest to decline the cheaper treatment. The man at Midwest Air Care said he was "really busy" and hung up on me.

Your Desired Resolution:
I'm simply trying to warn unsuspecting consumers of this REALLY bad company. I've been sick ever since they came into my home.

Bp