Midwest Air Care / Impoperly Cleaning of Furnace Air Ducts

1 1187 west Kansas StreetLiberty, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-816-335 -9990

I hired Midwest Air Care to clean my Furnace Air Ducts, & in the process of blowing air down my west side cold air duct they cause a large cloud of dust to come up out of my south cold air vent, into my living room. The dust went through my whole house. One of the employees went out to their pick up truck & got their "shop Vacume" & was sucking the dust out of the air. They never even bothered to vacume the carpet in my living room. Now I have to have my carpet cleaned. They charged me $169.90. I called the company's office to complain & all they did was hang up on me. I had put the charge on my Discover Card, so I called them & told them not to pay the company because of the Lousy Service I got.I went down into my basement 3 days later to check the Furnace air Filter & found a large pile of Lint & Dust behind the filter. They tried to get me to let them do extra work on my air ducts totaling $1209.89 but I told the men NO! I had just put ot $1400 for a new Furnace so I wasn't about to spend $1209.89 to have my air ducts treated my a couple of lousy workmen. I also found an empty 1/2 pint Vodka bottle on my bath room floor after they left. But the man on the telephone told me that his worker don't drink on the job. But how would he know he wasn't with them when they came to my Home!

Comments

• Co
      24th of Apr, 2009

As an outside mediation consultant, I investigated the above complaint. It turns out, that the customer, hung up on the office Manager. "No One" hung up on the customer. In addition, the two technicians were checked for any signs of alcohol use immediately after the job was done. There were no signs or evidence of said use. The technicians stated that they had found the bottle in one of the air vents, and placed the bottle on the floor. They failed to mention this to the customer.By the fact that customer hung on Manager, there was no opportunity to offer any resolution to his other complaint issues. It appears that the customer
    has exploited our American system to its fullest extent to receive his services for FREE. The company would have gladly made the necessary corrective measures if given the opportunity.

• Li
      18th of May, 2009

wery bead company

• Ga
      25th of Jul, 2009
    Midwest Air Care - Rip off
    Midwest Air Care

Advertises One Week Special Air Duct Cleaining valued at $219 for $59.95 - Looks for gullible housewives alone and fabricates story of dangerous Mold and Mildwew in Ducts - resulting in $1000 Charge - Rip off artists at their best. Husband comes home and discovers rip-off after the fact.

• So
      6th of Aug, 2009

My son worked for Midwest air care and was promised 10.00 by his tech, the most he ever got paid was 250.oo dollars. He was fired, today he spoke to the tech and he told my son I was feeling sorry for you to offer you 100.00 dollars. Then he told my son, I will pay you when and if I get the money. me and my husband took our son to and from work just about every day, the owner needs to pay up.

• Li
      6th of Aug, 2009

this company is a stillers companiy

• Bl
      5th of Mar, 2010

he was promised 10 dollars and got 250 dollars? sounds like he made out like a bandit!!

29th of Dec, 2010

JUST DONT BELIEVE ABOUT THAT OFFER OF $49.95 BECAUSE ONCE THEY'RE IN YOU'RE HOUSE THE AMOUNT GOES HIGH, , AND EVEN LIED SAYING I GOT MOLD IN MY HOUSE !!! I CALL AN INSPECTOR TO CHECK FOR MOLD AND HE TOLD ME THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME THEY HEAR THAT FROM THIS COMPANY, , THEY TRY TO GET MUCH MUCH MONEY OUT OF MY POCKET AND EVEN GET KIND OF MAD EVERY TIME I REFUSED FOR MORE SERVICES, , AND THEY GIVE ME ALOT OF DISCOUNTS AND BLA BLA TRYING TO CONVINCE ME BUT HELL NO !!! I GOT THE PAPER PROVING IT, , I JUST CALL FOR THE OFFER $49.95 AND THEY TRY TO GET $1300 BECAUSE OF THE ''MOLD'', , THATS [censor], , DONT TRUST THIS PEOPLE...

• Od
      14th of Jun, 2011

Same complaint as above. The did not clean what they said. I don't believe they cleaned all the vents. They have not answered any of my call.