Midmar Liquors / Stay far away from Midmar Liquors

1 United States

In response to a 'birthday special' advertisement by Midmar Liquors, I went there on Saturday. After placing a number of items in my trolley for a party, I wished to buy a case of Windhoek lager. According to their advertisement, if you purchase a case of Windhoek, you would get a six-pack of Foundry cider free. Although there was Windhoek lager in abundance, I could not locate the Foundry cider. I was told by the staff that 'it was finished'. I then approached the manager, Miguel to ask what could be substituted for the non-existing Foundry. Miguel was most unaccommodating. His off-hand reply was that the special was 'only while stocks last'. My problem is that there was plenty of stock of Windhoek and that the special still appeared on a notice in the fridge. If the special was no longer available, why were they still advertising it in store? To my mind this was misleading advertising to get you into the store. I told Miguel that his refusal to substitute an alternative for the Foundry cost him the sale I was going to make on Saturday and any future purchases I might have made at that store as I shall not return. I hope your lack of customer service proves worth it in the end.