Midland Marketing / Scam of a Business

1 P.O. Box 145Bunnell, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: NO PHONE

This company is all over advertising to call a eight hundred number to recieve free info on how to get started on envelope stuffing. they are supposed to give you 4 dollars for every one stuffed. The "info" i got was a letter with payment info on it to send them 35 dollars to receive the start up package. There is no physical address, or phone number on the letter. Only a PO box address. The letter has no return address, and is postmarked from Texas, but the PO is in Florida?? i live in GA

Am

More Midland Marketing Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Sh
      20th of Nov, 2008

look up Better Business Bureau Florida, type in name and address. Phone number is 800-307-7131

• Sh
      20th of Nov, 2008

this is the site:

• Na
      17th of Dec, 2008

if someone knos their information please answer. why do bbb don't do anything to stop tem. it is a shame

• Da
      10th of Feb, 2009

hi i got the same letter!! i was actually going to do it until i looked on mapquest and found that there was no address that exists. how are ppl allowed to get away with this??

• Ds
      10th of Feb, 2009

After reading all of the above. I know think that I have been scamed with MIDLAND MARKETING. I am in very debrite need for money, just let everyone else. But my landlord is waiting to see if I get some envelopes to stuff and they would be getting my pay for my rent.
    If someone truely knows something about this company, please email me at schultz51@verizon.net.

dschultz

• Br
      13th of Apr, 2009

Scam . I have just called Bunnell Chamber of Commerce and the lady i soke with told me yes it was a scam . she said she has had plenty of complaints about this this and that there is no Midland marketing in bunnel or even in that county . I also called the post office which was not alot of help but they informed me that that po box was regiserted to a person not a company so i hope no one else falls for this ... I almost did before i came acrossed this web site and decided to investigate.

• Wo
      12th of May, 2009

I have received the same letter post marked in TX with no return address. It made me very suspicious about the nature of this company because they give you an option to send them "cash". I can't imagine how many honest people who are looking for a work at home job to help feed their family and be scammed by someone like this heartless person that runs this scam.

• Ca
      11th of Jun, 2009

I have a client who is disabled and wanted a little extra spending cash due to a limited income and sent this company 35 dollars with no response. This person should really be prosecuted for taking advantage of inicent people looking for some kind of hope of achievement and cannot be in the community to do so. Shame on you if you happen to read these comments you are a horrible person, what comes around goes around be very careful you are next.

• Sp
      18th of Jun, 2009

I was scammed by them also. I contacted the Inspector General and was total that they couldn't help. BUT, I was given other information. I was told to please contact the Postal Inspection Service online at http://usps.com/postalinspectors, call them at (800) 372-8347 or write to them at:

• Sp
      18th of Jun, 2009

OOPS, Sorry, I sent before I was finished. Here is the address to conact the Postal Inspection Service.

UNITED STATES POSTAL INSPECTION SERVICE

OPERATIONS SUPPORT GROUP

222 S RIVERSIDE PLAZA

SUITE 1250

CHICAGO, IL 60606-6100

• Ab
      24th of Jun, 2009

I sent the 35 dollars to the company and haven't received nothing in retuern that is so wrong.

• Gb
      13th of Aug, 2009

I got the same letter in the mail today thinking man im bout to get paid than i remembered ppl alwayz told me stuffing envolopes was a scam so i check dis site out i though i was a little weird... thank u for letting the rest of us know it was a scam b/c i cant affored to lose $35... y cant they be stopped???? i dont get it

• St
      9th of Aug, 2010

This is a total scam!!! Stay away.

I have found out the owner of this company. His name is Richard Carrier and his phone number is
    813-545-9361. His email address is harveyking@hotmail.com.. The address you see in the ads is for a P.O. Box at a UPS store. It is not an actual office address. Mr. Carrier's actual address is 15838 Balm Wimauma Rd, Wimauma, FL 33598-5501.

I suggest you call him directly and ask him about the legitimacy of his work at home opportunity.

Below is a link to a Better Business Bureau report on a similar work-at-home opportunity Mr. Carrier offered earlier (which is much like this one):

http://www.bbb.org/west-florida/business-reviews/work-at-home-companies/acs-in-sun-city-center-fl-90040293. (you will notice when you open the link that the address listed for this business is the same as Mr. Carrier's actual address).

STAY AWAY!!!

• Ra
      20th of Feb, 2011

Thank you, Now they list an address of 4846 Sun City Center Blvd # 251 Sun City Center, FL 33573-6281 and when you you Google search street view there isn't any buildings there and the 15838 Balm Wimauma Rd, Wimauma, FL 33598-5501 You can see his house out in the middle of nowhere.