Midland funding, LLC / Rip off

1 8875 Aero Drive Suite 200San Diego, CA, United States Review updated:

I see my search to find others who are having a problem with these people was not in vain - really didn't think it was only me.
Having already filed their suit with a putz law firm. They are leaving me little choice but to file bankruptcy. Really didn't want to do that, any thoughts on how to stop this would be appreciated and yes I have thought of physical violence. Probably not the best course.

Va

Comments

• Va
      18th of Jun, 2008

This company has been at this forever now, they get old debts that people forget and make you try to pay. the thing is the statue of limitation on a credit debt is between 4or 5 yrs. I would suggest calling and reporting them to the FTC, go to www.ftc.org . Then make a report t the betterbusiness bereau and then contacting the attorney general. If you already paid them haul the lawyers who represent them to court. Normally they aren't sleazhy anyway and get back your money or some aren't even lawyers. Oh and tag the credit reporting and put out a red alert so they can't report any debt to your credit report.
    Good luck and tear them and they lawyer a new one when you find them.

• Am
      1st of Apr, 2018

@van Midland Funding is suing me for a debt that is 16 or more years old. They are trying to garnish my wages, but the company they requested the garnishment from I no longer work for them. Anyway, I went to court and told them I want to research the matter further. My case is from a debt with Finger Hut. I bought some sheer curtains from them and that's all I bought that I remember. Anyway, Midland is suing me for $1, 500.00. I still have those curtains. I contacted Finger Hut and told them to send me a detailed record of everything I bought from them. They need more info though because the account is so old, it's possible that it might be on microfilm or lost. Anyway, That's how I'm handling it. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $1, 500 for 3 pair of sheer curtains.

• Vi
      30th of Jul, 2008

Whoah! Wait a minute! I too just got contacted from "attorneys" from Midland funding LLC and they want to collect on a debt that is 6 yrs. old!?! And so I contacted the original company (B)of my past due debt to make them an offer...and they were curiouse as too who contacted me...so i faxed them the notice of collection. They company (B)...instructed me not too have any more dealings or conversations with this possible "Fraudulent" company! OMG!!! So company (B) will be in contact with me tommorow. SO...even through all this will I still have to pay on this 6 yr. debt? And this is according to company B's records. So...
    Where can i learn more about statute of limitations and educating my self to protect my self !...to know my rights!

• Ds
      20th of Feb, 2009

I just got served a lawsuit from Midland Funding LLC. I do not not who they are and who the original company I supposedly owe. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    dsdhelp

• Pl
      7th of Mar, 2009

I think anyone that has a problem with Midland Funding LLC. Should file a complaint with the San Diego, Ca. Attorney General. Plus the Attorney General in your State. Contact your local policial representative and show them a copy of your complaint you plan to make to various Attorney Generals. Find out if it would be a good idea to send a copy to every Attorney General in the United States. This businees is a LLC, and its members don't have any to lose because they can't be sued individualy. They haven't provided any fundind in most cases so why are stating on people credit report that their a financing business. Please excuse spelling errors. I don't think there are any number errors. Good Luck---- Stick together America (Shock and Arh) is over. Who's asking for bail-outs. Good People or the one's that's making big dollars already.

• Er
      16th of Mar, 2009

My husband just recieved a notice as well. How do I take care of this. Nothing was on a credit report when we bought a house three years ago. We try not to use credit cards bc of some past problems that are paid to date. Though anything else out standing is from over 10 years ago. What the heck what do we do?
    The bottom of our letter said advertisement in red from this attorneys office.

• Pi
      19th of Mar, 2009

I moved from new york to Texas five yeare ago, i have never been served court papers in my new address. so my company just send me a notice of witholding of wage a few days ago. I just found out that midland funding llc was suing me for a debt that i am not aware of.They made the court believe that i live and work in new york. I am powerless, what can i do to reverse this action? PIERRE

• Bl
      29th of Mar, 2009

OK Wait a second!!!
    I just got served a Summoons and Complaint from Midland Funding LLC. On a Debit that is over 10 years old and was written off.

Why is Midland serving me?
    And from what I am reading it looks like they cant'.. right?

So they want to call and send the cash as a scare tatic or not show up in court so a judgement is filed against me? And if a judgement is filed I am then screwed cause I should have shown up in court to defend myself.

It that all correct or am I missing something

• Co
      9th of Apr, 2009

I was just served with a summons to appear in court! What do I do at this point? The debt is over 2 years old and this is the first time I am being contacted! Someone showed up at my door last nite and served the paperwork. I have never had anything like this happen before. Any suggestions?

18th of Apr, 2009

My husband got served by Midland Funding, LLC, who took over Providian Bank. They filed a final jugment against my husband and they want to get into my husband's paycheck. My husband never signed any agreements with Midland. Can they do that? P

• Yv
      11th of May, 2009

Good day all, I dont understand how this company is still in business today. The law is not working either. I took them to court and won and this was with there lawyers Javitch, Block and Rathbone and still I am getting calls. I have forwarded documentation to no avail.

What is next. So now I am filing again in court and hopfully this action will stop.

Yvonne

• Ga
      31st of May, 2009

I had paid off a debt with Newport News 6yrs ago, but the Company states to all their debt collection agencies that the debt still exists. Now, Midland Funding, LLC is contacting me about past due debt. I sent proof of the debt being paid off 8 times to various debt companies, but noone reads anything. I thought about filing a complaint, but I don't know who to file it with. Any suggestions.

Gayle

• Ss
      10th of Jun, 2009

So is this a real Company, And are we paying off real debt. to the company it was against. I just got served today, and reading some of the problems that people are having with this company. Thanks for the infomation. I will be looking into this tomarrow. I hope there is an solution in all of this.

19th of Jun, 2009

I also got served with a complaint in Court by Midland Funding saying I have a credit card balance. I have not used this credit card in years. I asked them for papers and they did not send me any thing. Please advice what to do. Today is Friday and my court date is Monday. I contacted a law firm and they want to charge $1, 500. 00 to defend me. Please help. never been in a situation like this.

• Me
      26th of Jun, 2009

These people are garnishing my wages and I had no idea..Apparently they were sending court summons to an old address and they don't provide a # to call them

• Ut
      20th of Jul, 2009

Why do people who owe scream for statute of limitation protection when they feel they are being treated unfairly!!! What's unfair is how so many people can just shrug their shoulders at $$ they legally owe. Even if your debt is 20 years old, that money is still owed. The statute of limitations is just a legal loophole for people to hide behind when they don't want to pay. A responsible person knows when to stop borrowing money they can't afford to pay back.

• Th
      23rd of Jul, 2009

UTEPGIRL,
    You wouldn't a know a dollar if it bit you in the butt! A dollar is 412.25 grains of silver (French) NOT a commercial bank note that you seem to believe is money with $$. First of all, Federal Reserve Notes are commercial bank notes issued by a private bank and can not pay anything, the rules for bank notes are found in the Uniform Commercial Code where it states very clearly that a note can only discharge a debt, not pay it...Please. I bet you haven't even read the US Constipation.
    Secondly, the credit card bank was never at risk because it does not have the "Money" on account, because they are fractional and it does not exist, its all debt, hence the 12 trillion. The credit card bank simply takes your promise to pay/credit application and presents it to the FED private bank's discount window (Electronically) and gets the paper that you think is "Money" at about 2% and uses it to charge you 20%, all the while the FED private bank continues to pull this stuff out of thin air via the Kinko's method, counterfeiting it. It is counterfeit because it is not a dollar. The New GM and the U.S. Gang is a perfect example of this type of fraud, by running the printing presses and buying 70% of GM (Government Motors).

To those that have been defrauded by these bank crooks, learn a little law and demand that they present the original contract/note and bank ledger showing they had "Money" on account to loan, don't let them go off point, hold them to the fire. Just like the mortgages that got sold and are long gone so goes the way of these alleged debts...given to a trust and sent out the back door, just like the American people.

You owe nothing until they prove it...quit ASSUMING you know whats going on! Just because you put pen to paper does not mean its a signature and does not mean you where in agreement.

Midland is low grade ###! If it where me I would do the following.
    Demand the original promissory note and/or contract and have them state under penalty of perjury that they are the holder in due course of the promissory note and/or contract. Also, demand The account and general ledger statement showing the full accounting of the alleged obligation that they are now attempting to collect. I would make them verify and I would not fall for the old "Is that your signature on the copy" ...my signature is not found on copies, dumpster diver. This is all done through discovery within a lawsuit or can be asked at the verification stage of pre-lawsuit (FDCPA). I would recommend reading the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

I had a judge ask me "is that your signature", pointing to a copy, and my response was that I have never seen that signature before in my life. LOL! Can you say Summary Judgment.

This is not legal advice.

• 0 Votes

For those living outside the state of California. One very simple question for you all. First i would like to point out the above poster's response. She's right. Now for the the question. For those of you that reside outside of California. Is MIDLAND FUNDING LLC a LEGALLY registered business entity with YOUR secretary of state's office within your state?

Going, going, gone.

• Mc
      7th of Aug, 2009

I just recieved a letter from a local attorney representing guess who? Midland Funding... Im glad to know Im not alone and reading your stories and suggestions have helped. Here's what Im going to do.
    Im going to file a complaint with the State Attorney General's Office against Midland and the Attorney who represent them. Im going to attach about 5 of the most grievious of the about 10, 000 complaints on the WEB.
    Im going to call into question their ligitimacy in California and in my State. Im going to request the original signed documents. Demand the original promissory note and/or contract and have them state under penalty of perjury that they are the holder in due course of the promissory note and/or contract.
    People, you should use your Attorney General. That's what they get paid for. They are very good at representing you in an impossible situation and can mediate when no other can. Dont be afraid these crooks. Just turn them in. in most states you can do it online. If they arent legit they probably wont bother you again.

• Mc
      8th of Aug, 2009

Filing Bankruptcy:
    This is only my experience and opinion. Every situation is different. Never file Bankruptcy or only on extreeme conditions. I did that at one time at the urging of an attorney. I had no credit for 10 years. I had to live totally by cash. It was during those years that I came to the conclusion that I can live with a deal with debt.. 10, 20 30, 000. So what? I can work through the debts over time and usually negotiate my way out. But once bankruptcy is on your record, you are screwed. You will hear people say I got my credit back after filing, but I never did! Not for 10 years! Think about it long and hard before making the jump.

30th of Aug, 2009

Midland funding garnished my paycheck for over $1200.00, I never was notified and never recieved a summons for a court appearance or anything. I still don't know who they were collecting for. After speaking to my attorney this is of course illegal. Since Midland funding has no contact number on their website, my next step is to the court house to get a copy of the court order for my attorney to pursue.

John,