Midass financial inc / sweepstakes ripoff

1 200 hwy 7Midland, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 4168211927

I received a letter in the mail yesterday stating that I won 250, 000 in a sweepstakes. In the letter was a check for 4975.00. The letter also stated that before I did anything with the check I needed to contact Mr. Richard Morgan, and then send 2950.00 through money gram or western union. After speaking to my family and doing some research on the company Midass Financial Inc and found nothing, I called the Bank that the check was drawn from. After speaking to a very nice lady, she informed me that the account number was fake, and said she unfortunately could not do anything about it because it was the scammers figure of speech. I then did a Google search and found another person in the Dallas area that got the same letter on the same day!!! I am happy that I caught the scam, and feel very sorry for the people who did not.

Comments

• Js
      5th of Jun, 2008

Got the same unsolicited letter in the Dallas area. Thank you for this info.

9th of Jun, 2008

I also received the same letter with the same winnings and contacted the Suntrust Bank and spoke with one of the tellers and he told me to report them to the Better Business Bureau. I then try to contact the women CAROL ARMSTRONG AT 1-647-219-2078 AND THE LINE IS DISCONNECTED. PLEASE ADVISE ANYONE WHO RECEIVES THESE CHECKS TO CONTACT THE BBB AND FILE AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT.

• Sd
      7th of Aug, 2008

Yes, I received a check for $4975.00 with instruction not to attempt to use the check until I contact the party on the letter that accompanied it. I've worked for a bank for over 30 year so just like others I call Suntrust Bank and the check was NO GOOD!! I hope no one has fallen for this scam but it breaks my heart to know that there maybe someone who really needs that money and have a short brief moment of happiness to see a large check come their way. Only to find out some person(s) are trying to have them send money to get money. What gos around comes around!!!