Midas / midas sucks, yuri (the manager) is rude.

1 Elk Ave.Glendale, CA, United States Review updated:

I went to Midas on Elk Ave. in Glendale, CA to get an oil change. Once I was there, they told me that I needed some new tires, which I knew because my front tires only had a little bit of tread left. They tried to sell me 4 tires but I knew better because my back tires still have plenty of tread. To make a long story short, I left and a couple of days later I noticed that I had some serious vibrating/shaking as soon as I hit about 65 MPH on the freeway. Knowing that I did not have this problem before and also knowing that this is a classic sign of incorrect balancing, I returned to Midas and spoke to the Manager, Yuri; at first he seemed nice and eager to take care of the problem. I took my car for a test drive with one of the mechanics and of course he tried to give me some B.S about the problem being my rotors or rear tires when clearly this was a balancing issue. When we got back to the shop, I insisted that they do the balancing again, which they did. I told Yuri that the machine they were using to balance tires needed to be calibrated but he insisted I was wrong and I left it at that. Sure enough, after I left, I noticed again the there was still vibrating/shaking coming from my front tires. So I went back again (second time going back). This is where it gets really bad; this Yuri jerk has the nerve to tell me that there is nothing that he can do. Even worse, he tells me outright that he thinks I had this issue before I even went there and that I am lying about it in order to hopefully get them to fix it. So of course I tell him how pissed off I am and pointed out that I never even went there to buy tires in the first place! So in order to show him I am right, I tell him to rotate my tires to see if the shaking persists. So after they do this, I drove around for a while and of course, there was no shaking. I ended up going to two different tire places and they both confirmed that the balancing on my new tires (that had been purchased from Midas) were off. After I went back to Midas to tell them about this, they ended up having to take my tires across the street to a different tire place to have them balanced. These guys should be embarrassed to even call themselves mechanics and Yuri is the worst Manager I have ever had to deal with. Even after wasting so much of my time and treating me like ###, he still refused to apologize. Needless to say, I told him exactly what I thought of him and left; the other lady who posted a comment about this guy on here was right... he is a shady individual and doesn't know a damn thing about cars or how to treat people. STAY AWAY FROM MIDAS!!!

Comments

• Te
      8th of Dec, 2012

Sugar will get you further. You could tell just by looking at the balancer that it needed to be calibrated? You might want to let hunter know that you're looking for work. You don't need to be a jerk to get your point across. I don't know what you drive but if it's AWD you are better off replacing all 4.

19th of Aug, 2016

Well to start the shop itself is a hazard. Trying to screw over employees and when they stand up for themselves. They get let go... Very unprofessional!!!