Microtel Inn & Suites / Awful service

1 United States

I had made reservations at the above reference hotel using hotels.com service. Once I arrived at the hotel on the day of my reservation my wife and I went to our room. The room was on a smoking floor in which we do not smoke. The TV was not working either. I called the front desk to let them known about the TV. I was told that someone would be up to look at it. After about forty minutes of waiting, I went to the front desk to ask about the repair person. Another twenty minutes pasted when I received a call from the front desk to let me known that no one would be coming to look at the TV. Also there were no other rooms that we could be moved too and there were no extra TV's to replace the one that was not working. The person on the front desk told me that they would leave a note for the day manager, to see if we could get a discount on our room for the inconvenience. The next morning when my wife and I went to the front desk, known one knew anything about what had taken place the evening before. There was not a manager on duty to talk too, only the front desk clerk. The desk clerk did not have any authority to do anything about our situation. I was very dissatisfied with the service of the hotel and will not recommend it for any of my business travelers, co-workers or friends.

Jo