Microsoft Xbox Live / charging without my permission
I used to love my Xbox live, however for finanicial reasons I cancelled my internet and just let my annual xbox live subscription run out. Big mistake!
When my annual subscription ran out Microsoft, already having my credit card number from an online game purchase, decided to change my account to a monthly subscription and charge me $8 a month.
When I found out about this I called them to request last month's charge to be credited only to find out they have been doing this for 7 months! They of course gave me the standard Indian (not that there's anything wrong with that) Customer Service response of "We are sorry but policy says we cannot credit this." I explained to them that I had never authorized them to switch to monthly and that charging someone without permission and refusing to refund is called stealing. The rep agreed with me but said he couldn't do anything about it. After some pushing I finally got a supervisor, who promptly hung up on me. Not because I was rude (I wasn't, I'm in CS and I make it a point to be firm but nice), he just said hello and then the line went deadn. I then called back and got another supervisor.
This supervison now magically pulled evidence out of her butt that I had authorized this and also stated that they had sent me emails, which of course I didn't get because I don't have internet. There was no way I could contradict what she was saying because what proof do I have that I never pushed ok when she's saying I did. I then said
"That is categorically untrue but I have no way to contradict you. I am willing to accept that you are going to keep my money for services which I never authorized or used, however we both can see that the money you charged me yesterday was a mistake, and since I am cancelling it now you need to refund that money instead of charging me for yesterday and the next 29 days of service which I am obviously not using."
I even tried pulling the old "I'm going to waste more than $8 dollars of your time complaining so you might as well give me the money" with no luck.
Finally I just said "I have no way to punish you except withholding my future business, which I intend to do, so thank you for being courteous please never use my credit card again or contact me for any services" and said goodbye.
By the way, their only reasoning for this blatent theft was that the terms of service allow them to, well guess what they put out new terms of service in September and I've never agreed to them!
Boo Microsoft Boo. I may never get that $8 back but you'll lose it for all the customers I convince to switch to Mac.
More Microsoft Xbox Live Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - office 360 — microsoft word
- Microsoft Corporation - xbox game pass
- Microsoft Corporation - surface pro 4 - customer service 
- Microsoft Support - lap top, dell operating system microsoft windows 10 
- Microsoft Corporation - windows 10 home version