Microsoft Xbox 360 / malfunctioning hardware
We are writing to complain about Microsoft XBox 360 consoles and Microsofts knowledge of a hardware malfunction. In the last year and a half myself and my partner have purchased two XBox 360 consoles, both of which developed the same problem - 'A hardware malfunction!
The first console purchased last year broke down just before Xmas and we were unaware of why because the hardware malfunction was not recognized by MS then. On this occasion however, we have been told that there is a hardware problem with the console by a very unhelpful lady called 'Ceza' at MS. Originally, we purchased a console for the maximum price at the time, we made use of this until it, a little after a year, ceased to function. We contacted Microsoft who "advised that at that time the console was not covered by the three month warranty and that they could not help". My partner then found streams of 'Blog' pages with similar problems, all of which stated that MS had problems with the hardware of the XBox 360 and new about it. Because of this MS have now extended their warranty due to a large number of faulty machines. At the time and because of the time and effort it would have taken to complain myself and my partner decided not to complain or take further action.
With some faith left we then decided to purchase another machine in February of this year at, once again, the maximum retail price. This console has also just broken down; we have contacted MS who confirmed that this is a hardware problem and that they would need to collect it and repair it. We find this very disappointing as for the second year running it has now broken down before Christmas. I also find it very scary that MS have extended their warranty because they are aware of problems with the product their are continuing to supply for sale. We are very grateful for MS to come and collect the console for repair, however this should not be the case as we are the ones having to follow this through. The product we purchased should not be experiencing problems, we should be able to have some faith in the hard earned money given to MS for the XBox 360. This is the second console brought from MS because of the faith that we have in the company. This faith sadly has completely disappeared. We would very much appreciate some response from MS on this matter. We do not want a repaired console, we want a console that will last the expected length of time.
More Microsoft Xbox 360 Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - xbox one
- Microsoft Corporation - unethical behavior
- Microsoft Corporation - office 365
- Microsoft Corporation - lot of unauthorized credit card charges
- Microsoft Corporation - bad service of the manager in sydney store