Microsoft Vista / worthless system

1 VA, United States Review updated:

i purchased a gateway m series laptop in aug 07 . It's operating system of course windows vista, since puchasing the system i have had nothing but headaches trying to get the system to read dvd's or download system updates that supposedly are to " help " but seem only to further the problems along .
i have tried the online " technical help" wich is of no help at all

Comments

Pe
  29th of Sep, 2009

I have a Toshiba Quasmio Running Vista Home Premium, three out of the last four windows updates have stopped programs from working resulting in my inability to access the web. Is there a consipracy among Microsoft programmers to help out their counterparts in the private sector who we have to consult with to try and sort out our problems. The only way I can access the net is through the place where I volunteer which of course does not let me directly sort the problem. So my score would be -50

Ex
  21st of May, 2010

unfortunately we have vista. Our computer randomly siezes (for 45 seconds to a minute) at a rate than can happen 4-5 times is a 10 minute period, or only happen once in a 30 mnute period. We purchased an extended service agreement with Dell when we bought this XPS 410, and went through several rounds of removing everything from this machine and reloading it to no avail. Each episode took over 1 hour and 30 minutes. After the last time, the tech said he didn't know what to do and would get back with us. Guess what...he never did and when we called to follow up we were told that the time had ran out on our agreement and we would have to pay for assistance. Vista is a piece of trash and I told my wife to buy a Mac but she didn't...this time. This will be the last Dell purchased for this house. Hours and hours on the phone, twice removing everything from the computer and reloading and still we have this seizing problem ( I forgot...Dell calls it "lagging."). If Dell would just give us 75% of our money back, I would send them this junk and get the Mac, but they ignored my offer. I don't blame them for not wanting their own problem back. The problem has occured once during the time I inputed this complaint.