[Resolved] Microsoft / Vista / vista update sp1

United States Review updated:
My computer automatically downloaded the Vista sp1 and destroyed my computer. I am losing important files, pictures, and videos. How do I get them back??

Resolution statement

The computer was trashed. The "upgrade" disabled my peripherals which did not allow me to restore to my backups. I have not purchased another Microsoft product. I think that Apple benefited from the vista fiasco.

Comments

Bi
  18th of Sep, 2008
Prior to updating, there is a warning message stating that all data should be back-uped or have a current system restore point. If you lose the files, the files are gone. Read Carefully and Back-up Frequently!
Be
  18th of Sep, 2008
The upgrade of Vista SP1 can be reversed and remove. Goto Microsofts knowledge base and search remove SP1. VISTA is a very good operating system and has been getting a bum rap from people that don't use it. If you created a restore point before the update, you should be fine.

As with any operating system ( Apple, Linux, Windows ), backing up your files are important. One of the easiest was is to use a online product like Carbonite. It does the backups to online server. If you have a crash or delete your important files, you can always get them back. ( I do not work for Carbonite, but have used them for over 3 years. )

Good Luck.
Bo
  1st of Nov, 2008
VISTA SUCKS BAD - DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN DO GET LINUX or XP or anything else.

THe major complaints is that being an Administrator doesn't matter - you still can't easily install software, start/stop services or just about anything. MICROSOFT LOCKS YOU OUT! They moitor your computer with all this crap running in the background for the US government.

Remote Desktop DOES NOT WORK WITH VISTA SP1. DO NOT UPGRADE!!!

I'm a 30 year verteran software engineer and I can't begin to tell you how BAD this crap is!
Wr
  17th of Jun, 2010

Microsoft / Vista - Next time I am in the market I will buy an Apple product
Microsoft
microsoft.com

Vista sucks. Why is it when I use 2003 Excell it automatically goes into the Vista format. Vista does not allow me to merge cells. Vista sucks. Next time I am in the market I will buy an Apple product.

Microsoft Corporation Logo Microsoft Corporation