Microsoft Office 2007 / suspicious scam company

1 16 Shearway Business ParkEngland, Kent, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0871 288 0330

This company advertises as a sponsored link on amazon selling cheaply priced software. They at first look quite legitimate but BEWARE!! I have purchased software only to discover that they will take your money and not deliver you the merchandise. You can try contacting them by phone or email but they never answer to any contact between you and the buyer. I have found out later (through searches) that I am not the only one who has experienced this problem. I find it also find it a BIG SHAME that Amazon lists this horrible company on their website as a sponsored link - ALL FOR THE SAKE OF MONEY and not protecting the buyer. So BEWARE of EGGSOFTWARE !!!

Do

Comments

• Jk
      21st of Apr, 2008

I have been caught too - the money has been debited from my credit card and no goos have been received. I tried to access the MY Account section in the eggsoftware website but IE informs me the security certificate has been revoked

22nd of Apr, 2008

This is exactly what has happened to me. Goods ordered on April 13 2008, nothing delivered, no response to phone calls, can't even raise the website anymore. Fraud investigation initiated.

• Po
      22nd of Apr, 2008

I had the same problem!

29th of Apr, 2008

Yes, I got caught too but not from Amazon. It was a sponsored link on google when i typed 'office 2007'.
    I phoned trading standards and they said to send a recorded mail letter to the company demanding the goods or your money back, i demanded my money back.

I have checked with the royal mail to see if anyone had signed for my letter but no one has and the letter is been sent back to me.

I am going to phone trading standards again to see what (if anything) can now be done.

Apparently this guy has had many sites and just opens a new one when others are shut down.

• Iv
      14th of Jul, 2008

I have also had problems with the Office 2007 software that I purchased from them.

We buy in good faith and then find that there are problems with the software or they just don't deliver.

Surely this is something that Trading Standards and Microsoft Corp. should be involved in resolving?

14th of Jul, 2008

In my experience, Microsoft is simply NOT interested in chasing up cases of piracy of it's own software.

When I tried to report a case of a seller selling illegal copies of Microsoft Office 2007 they passed me over from one department to the next.

That's why these repeat scammers keep coming back because they know no legal action will be taken against them.

14th of Jul, 2008

Here's the typical "computer generated" email that you can expect to receive from Microsoft when you want to report a website selling illegal Microsoft software. Notice the lack of interest in the 3rd party seller and how they turn this into a marketing opportunity by referring you onto an authorized reseller:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for your email about the authenticity of Microsoft® Office Professional 2007 software sold on the third party website.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to comment on the software sold on the third party websites. However, we sell our products through network of authorized resellers. For more information on our authorized resellers please visit;

I hope this information has answered your query, but if you have any more questions please give us a call on 0870 60 10 100. The lines are open from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. If you still have any more questions, please reply to this email.

Many thanks for contacting us.

Warm regards,

****** ***********

Customer Service Professional

Microsoft Customer Services

20th of Jul, 2008

Also, I forgot to mention that this is who "EggSoftware.com" really is or was: Princell Software Ltd and as you can see they have even registered themselves as a Microsoft Software Partner!

• Je
      31st of Mar, 2009
    Microsoft Office 2007 - charge on account

I have been trying very unsuccessfuly to resolve this issue for about 30 days or more. I purchased Microsft office 2007 and did the download on line but when I went to use it or try it out it asked me for a Key. I did have a Key that the website gave me but it never worked. After several failed attemps to get in touch with this DRISTUDENTOFFICEUS Which is the name or charge from Company on my credit card. I cannot figure out how to get some attention in this matter.Please advise me as to what to do next. Thank you in advance for your time in this .

• Rs
      29th of Sep, 2010
    Microsoft Office 2007 - Product will not register
    Roy
    Utah

Ordered product and could not register with Microsoft. Also ordered CD but CD continues to error when trying to install. Asked for credit no reply. Disputing with Capital One VISA now.

• Po
      30th of Sep, 2010

Who did you order it from?