Microsoft / credit card charged without permit

Kuwait Review updated:

Hi, on feb 15, 2015 microsoft has charged my visa card 1 dollar for an incopmlete payment transaction online. I canceled before completing the purchase but microsoft charged me $1 for nothing. I recieved sms saying that "online store bill. Ms. Net lu" has charged $1. I still do not no what is this charge for. I asked my bank for the transaction number and they gave me this number (053250) .
This $1 must be refunded to my visa. Thanks

Comments

3rd of Sep, 2007
    Microsoft And Aol Promotion - I have replied him
    India

I had received the same mess and replied him twice...
    What will they do having our personal details. I have send each and every details to him...

• Br
      2nd of Oct, 2007
    Microsoft - Harassment!

This scam lists our telephone number and we're getting numerous telephone calls and our cell service is being billed for incoming calls and it is a business phone. So changing the number with our server is not an option at this time.

Beware people!

10th of Feb, 2008

I have a problem with Microsoft and their claim filing process. I recently filed a rebate and sent it through the mail. The claim process is not the same had I filed on line. When you submit a claim through the mail you are required to supply additional product information. When you file online all they want is the barcode and store info. The only reason that I purchased the microsoft product was because of the rebate. Had I known that they have such a double standard when it comes to product rebates I would have gone with someone else.

• Si
      5th of May, 2008
    Microsoft - Microsoft sweepstakes scam!!
    nil
    Singapore
    Phone: 97125742
    nil

I received the Microsoft sweepstakes 2008. And I emailed them my information. Is it really a scam?? Anyone emailed them their details as well?

• Ca
      4th of Aug, 2008

i have recieved this too but can not find information about what type pf scam this is or who i can notify if it is a scam so that this can be stopped or people can be informed about it. can someone please email me andprovide some information?
    [protected]@yahoo.com

22nd of Sep, 2008

Hi, I also in dilemma abt this UK National Lottery. They even call yesterday 22/9/08 why I have not sent the delivery service payments bond by me. Just read what they have email.

Dynamic Dispatch Courier Company Ltd

Fax: +44-703-1991-760

Email: [protected]@hotmail.com

Website: http://www.dynamicdispatch.co.uk.pn

ATTN:MS JAYA D/O SUBRAMANIAN,

Compliments of the day to you. We are in receipt of your mail and you have chosen courier delivery option 3 which is £545.00 Pounds Sterling equivalence of $1, 049.00 US Dollars. Furthermore, payment of delivery charges for option 3 should be made via western union money transfer to our account officer in the person of Mrs. Rita Robinson as you are quite aware that we only operate on pay before delivery service for winners of the UK National Lottery. The details below are needed for the money transfer.

Account officer:Mrs. Rita Robinson
    Address: Unit 6, Marino Way, Hogwood Lane Industrial Estate
    Finchampstead Berkshire RG40 4RF, United Kingdom.

Our company's policy require all payments within a certain limit be made through western union to our receiving account officer in charge of International Payment for immediate pick-up to facilitate the easy dispatch of your parcel.

Once payment is made, you are required to send us a scanned copy of the payment slip to this office via email immediately payment is made, as a standard procedures to ensure that everything is done in accordance with the British, FSA and European Union Financial Regulations be observed.

Once payment is made, you are required to send us the following information;

Sender Name:
    Money transfer control number(MTCN):
    Amount sent:
    Country:

We are glad to be of service to you!

Warm regards,
    Mr. Peter Phil
    Head of Deliveries.
    Dynamic Dispatch Courier Company Ltd

*** Can anyone help mi abt this. IS it really SCAM? Hw We report to police. Pls [protected]@hotmail.com.

14th of Oct, 2008
    Microsoft - FAKE WINNING
    Murrieta
    California

HELLO... PLEASE DONT BELIEVE IF YOU GOT AN EMAIL WITH ""CONGRATULATIONS YOU WON $$$$$$""" THESE EMAILS ARE FAKE

• La
      23rd of Oct, 2008
    Microsoft - Scam award
    Micorsoft?
    [protected]@msm.com

Received notice of winnings one million pounds and requesting personal information. Gave name as George Simmons to be reached at +44-704-573-9184 and +44-703-591-8208.

• Su
    London
    England, Greater London
    Phone: 447045730397
    [protected]@freeukisp.co.uk

Hi there I have recieved so many emails in regards to this lottery claiming i have won mega bucks i find it crazy when microsoft should put a stop to this scam they cant spell either

• Le
      12th of Dec, 2008
    Microsoft - Fake lottery board winning notification
    Promotion
    United Kingdom

This lottery board is a total scam and its fake please ignore it and do not give them any personal information about you .and the main thing do not send them any MONEY which they are asking to remit as courier charges
    you thankful
    Muhammad Nafees Qureshi

• Bo
      27th of Dec, 2008
    Microsoft - xbox fault
    England, Essex
    United Kingdom

found that the xbox scratched game disk so badly that it doesn't play any more i only had it for about two days as you can image i was very upset cos the games are so expencive to buy

• Wa
      28th of Jan, 2009
    Microsoft - No cancellation available
    Phone: 1-866-519-5308

They're debiting $ 69.95 from my account without authorization. I called the number above and they told they can do nothing but giving me the site from where I can cancel.
    I typed www.millionairemission.biz/cancellation.pdf and found the [redacted].
    These people don't deserve to be in the marketplace, they are scoundrels!!!
    Now I will close the account in order to avoid future debits.

• Wz
      29th of Jan, 2009
    Microsoft - Student Office
    DRI Student Office US

I ordered Microsoft Student Office and only received 2 of the 3 files necessary to download the product. I emailed them asking for the missing file. No response. I then cancelled the order and requested my money back. Not only have they not given me my money back, they billed me again a week later! No money and no product. What a scam.

• Qf
      1st of Feb, 2009

...and you have bad grammar. Get over yourself already.

27th of Feb, 2009
    Microsoft - MONEY

MY NAME IS JANETTE CLARK I WANT TO CANCEL MY SO CALLED MEMBERSHIP DO NOT TAKE ANY MORE MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT YOU TOOK OUT 69.95IN FEBRUARY OF 2009.I DID NOT GET ANYTHING FOR MY MONEY.I HAVE TRIED TO CONTACT YOU REGARDING THIS INCIDENT.BUT ALL I GOT WAS NORTHEAST AIRLINES.

• Th
      12th of Mar, 2009
    Microsoft - kids playing adult games

im tired of playing online games like call of duty and gears of war and having some 10 year old kid running his mouth online because i dont get a kill these kids should not even be playing these games you need to do something about this and i dont wana hear that how do you know there young kids playing you can tell by there voice you should bann these kids form playing online adult games

• Ri
      12th of Mar, 2009

turn down your v.o.i.p and dont worry bout the little buggers.. works for me. im 45 and play cod 4 and dont worry bout the kills they dont have jobs and still live with mommy n daddy
    its no wonder there good,
    "old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill " also look for adult servers or servers with regulars, put them in your favorites play there a lot and become a regular. then when some 10 year old with an attitude rips ya you will have allies rippin him back good luck and frag ya later

• Z9
      17th of Mar, 2009

Although I do agree with the fact that they shouldn't play these games, I think that it is the parents job, not Microsoft the monitor their kids and what they are playing.

23rd of Mar, 2009

you just dont know where to type the website

• Ki
      26th of May, 2009
    Microsoft - bogas charge
    microsoft

received a charge on my american express for $27.98 I do not know what this charge is for and can find no contact information to find out. I feel this is incorrect and microsoft should credit that amount back to me. Charge was dated 4/06/09 only infor on statement is:
    microsoft *online bill.ms.net

4th of Jun, 2009
    Microsoft - Ex-Gitmo detainee gets to make video game
    Utah

I am very upset with Microsoft. They are you using an Ex-Guitmo Detainee to make a video game on the Xbox about how to kill guards and other stuff like that in Guantonimo Bay. This is unamerican and should be complained about strongly

19th of Jun, 2009

Dear Sir,
    The microsoft company have send me the message in which they told me that i am the winner and then they slowly slowly take about Rs. 4 lacks from me and now they are not responding, the person name is Dr. George John. Pls do something. I am very poor person

19th of Jun, 2009

Sir Please do something

• Eb
      1st of Jul, 2009

no, unamerican is censoring what people can and cannot do on their xbox. if i want to play a game about killing guards then that is my god given right as an american. if you dont like the game then dont buy it.

• Gi
      8th of Sep, 2009
    Microsoft - Fake lottery winning notification
    United Kingdom

I am fed up with these fake lottery winning nitifications from UK, these people call me almost daily & tell to deposit security amount in order to clear my winning amount.

Kindly assist

21st of Sep, 2009
    Microsoft - Office Live Free website offer
    MIcrosot small business

I found the issue related to wrong charge on my credit card. The reason is free website offer from Microsoft small bsisness live. They ask your credit card info to validate and then keep it on filr for billing annual charges. There is no customer care where you can call. The only # given is 866-591-5483 and when you call it all u heard please go to the website...

Can't believe that they are ripping people just like that?

• Lc
      10th of Nov, 2009
    Microsoft - XBox Monthly charges ffor ????
    Lawrence Cabrelli
    Pennsylvania
    Phone: 610-688-3567
    [protected]@aol.com

I have received a $12.50 charge for at least the last two months that Wachovia has put a temporary credit on and I would like for you to credit my account so please have a cust service rep contact me for particulars. The amount in question is currently at least $25.00

13th of Dec, 2009
    Microsoft - Sms scam contest
    Jateen
    India

Myself Jateen from india got a message from TM_GSM Promo Stating that My number won 700, 000 GBP in 2009-10 Microsoft splash promo and gave this contact : email: [protected]@live.com tel: +447014275809. I want to know is it a authentic promo or a bogus.

• Ur
      14th of Dec, 2009

I believe it is a fake, not the way Microsoft work to be honest. Especially teh email is not right.

Just don't follow this lead

• Ra
      15th of Dec, 2009

Hey I got this exact sms today. I think its a scam. Better not to follow this any further.

21st of Jan, 2010
    Microsoft - payment
    314 Malabar St
    Lakeway
    Texas
    Phone: 512-261-6714
    [protected]@sbcglobal.net

On 12/30/09 I made two attempts to purchase Microsoft Office 2007 and both times I was unable to get it to download to my computer, so I asked them to cancel the order and refund my money. It was paid by credit card(visa). They charged me with the order twice, however they only refunded me the price once on 01/02/10. Please refund me the other charge, as I went to a local Office Max and bought the item. Thank you. Jack McClaran

• Se
      3rd of Feb, 2010
    Microsoft - SPAM!!
    United Kingdom

I get more than fifty spam emails a week from Hotmail acounts.

I have repeatedly reported these scam emails to "[protected]@hotmail.com"
    with no result at all.

I am sick and tired of Microsoft's attitude to the rest of the world.

• Ea
      12th of Feb, 2010

I too, received several hotmail spams. They were advertisers with their addresses attached such as ITSOL, 2insure4less, elearners or onlinestudent financialaid.com, freecreditreport.com, and others, I think. In all cases they were deceptive, and you could see all the recipients' email addresses, meaning the addresses just got out to the world for abuse.

If you see any address on these, advertiser, or sender, along with the unsubscribe link, report the situation spam to the BBB, the attorney general of the state, the ftc and any other authority you see fit. Clicking unsubscribe will probably get you twice or more the amount of spam, so don't do that.

sending the complaint to MSM means that msm will close the account, which does no good at all because spammers just have another one in line to spam from. Don't think they ever use the same one twice. And, hotmail doesn't seem able to get the spammer to stop with the new ones. This probably good in the long run because if Hotmail just stopped the spammer, it'd go on somewhere else for spam and illegal activity. If the spammer is reported to an authority, it could possibly get sued and fined, and have some sort of consequence in addition to being stopped.

So, if you see any illegal email, Hotmail or otherwise, and see an address, report it to whereever seems most applicable, and easiest for you. I, for one appreciate anyone who can do this. These authorities can't act on one complaint, but if several of us report the same businesses, spammers and complaints, they can do something about it.

• Ag
      25th of Feb, 2010
    Microsoft - flase mail

Complaint Rating:
    I have got a fraud mail like below which is making use of Microsoft brand name. Microsoft never awards like this as it is trustful and good company. Whoever is trying to fraud like this must be a bagger, nothing else. What actions should i take if i get such mails? Can anybody suggest me? Mail content was like this.

• Ag
      25th of Feb, 2010
    Microsoft - fraud mail
    g4 noida

Complaint
    I have got a fraud mail like below which is making use of Microsoft brand name. Microsoft never awards like this as it is trustful and good company. Whoever is trying to fraud like this must be a bagger, nothing else. What actions should i take if i get such mails? Can anybody suggest me? .

• Fu
      17th of Apr, 2010
    Microsoft - unathorized charges
    Florida

On 04/16/2010 microsoft billing charged my debit card twice one for 12.95 and again for 25.95 i never ordered anything

• Kw
      3rd of May, 2010
    Microsoft - Owners of Vista should receive 7 for free as a replacement for a faulty product
    microsoft.com

Owners of Vista should receive 7 for free as a replacement for a faulty product and I recommend to anyone purchasing a new computer to choose Apple.

• Ru
    Microsoft - Xbox scratching the game that I buy
    microsoft.com

I got the xbox elite for about £200 with no games.so when i buy games im gonna get pissed off when the xbox ###s them up.my xbox has scratched 4 of my top games.£40 a game thats £160 worth.so thats £360 i've lost now thanks to u lot..###in stupid.

• Ga
    Microsoft - Microsoft computer crashes like a bizzilion of times
    microsoft.com

I sure love your computers but it think i should got a mac instead. one reason i should get a mac is my computer crashes like a bizzilion of times and that annoys me allot mac dont crash often.

• Li
      31st of May, 2010

This is an extremely vague complaint, and I would wager the crashes are a result of the user clicking on links that should have been avoided.