microsoft / xbox live

1 CA, United States Review updated:

I had canceled Xbox live on the 11/7/08 and was given a ref number that apparently doesn't
mean anything, because when you call back using the ref number they give you another one.
My credit card has been charged on a monthly basis the 19th of each month for 7.99 for xbox live.
My son hasn't used xbox live for months so I canceled on 11/7/08 given a ref number and my card was charged
on 11/10/08 for 7.99 after I canceled. When I called back using my ref number and told them what happened
and how could they charge my credit card after canceling and charging it on the 10th instead of the 19th as they had did
every month before. I was told that this was the last charge and that my credit card company posted early and they
would not refund my 7.99. You know they just had to charge me one last time, apparently Microsoft doesn't make
enough money so they need to figure out other ways of getting it. Do you really think that it would kill them to do the correct
thing and refund my 7.99, being they were in the wrong not me.

-Kimberly

Comments

• Ki
      22nd of Nov, 2008

thing and refund my 7.99, being they were in the wrong not me.

-Kimberly

• Ro
      3rd of Mar, 2009

same thing happens to everyone! its happens to me.. my brother in law.. you can find countless of times over the net where this happens to many many people.. Microsoft don't give a damn..

• Vi
      18th of Sep, 2009

You are right ..

• Qu
      18th of Sep, 2010

Don't ever use a credit card to pay for xbox live access. The company will continue to charge your card as "automatic renewal" without your permission, authorization or knowledge. When they did this to me I called to get the charge removed. After an hour on the phone they refused to refund the money. When I asked for a supervisor, they said one would return my call. When no call came, I called the number they had given me, which I had asked for, knowing they wouln't call. Guess what. Not a working number. You would think billions of dollars in profits would be enough. Why resort to unethical and criminal business practices. Be careful when dealing with Microsoft. Better yet - don't deal with them at all.