Microsoft / harassment at rta
I would like to highlight my grievance with RTA office in refunding me the road tax amount paid by me.
I came to Hyderabad from Delhi in July 2007 and got my car registered in Delhi along with me. I voluntarily went to the RTA office in Mehandipatanam and paid the AP life time road tax amounting to Rs. 30, 000/-. I did not get the NOC from Delhi RTA office as I did not want to change the registration from Delhi to Hyderabad. At the time of depositing the road tax amount, I was not asked for the NOC. The inspector collecting the road tax amount told me that I can claim the tax amount back, if I take back my car to Delhi.
After staying for about 10 months I am shifting back to Delhi and taking my car along with me to Delhi. I went to the RTA office on 29th April 2008 to enquire about the process of claiming refund. The administrative officer sitting there told me to write an application, get a notarized affidavit as a proof that I am taking the car back to Delhi, copy of car registration, copy of tax payment receipt. He told me that the tax will be refunded in 10 days time.
I got the affidavit and along with all the papers went to the RTA office again on 30th April 2008. I approached the Administrative officer again and he asked me to meet the RTO. I went to meet the RTO and asked him to take the application for refund. The RTO simply said that the road tax will not be refunded. I asked him the reason and he told me that I should have got the NOC from Delhi at the time I got my car to Hyderabad. I tried to explain him that I did not want to get my car registered in Hyderabad and no one told me that NOC is required, when I paid the tax. The RTO told me that it is my duty to know the rules and now nothing can be done. I also asked the RTO to show me the rules regarding refund of road tax and he said I should buy a Motor Vehicles Act from the market and see the rules by myself. I asked him to at least accept the application for refund and put an objection to it in writing. He just refused to accept the application.
It was shocking for me to see, loosing Rs. 32, 000/- out of the hard earned money. It’s a big amount for salaried class people like me. This incidence once again highlights how well government organizations make life of common man miserable. Now I don’t see any way for getting my hard earned money back. I should have listened to my colleagues who are driving their vehicle without paying road tax. I think in our great nation, people who evade taxes are happy than people like me, who think to follow the rules.
More Microsoft Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - Office 365
- Microsoft Corporation - lot of unauthorized credit card charges
- Microsoft Corporation - bad service of the manager in sydney store
- Microsoft Corporation - outlook account/ hotmail account recovery
- Microsoft Corporation - laptop crashed