Microsoft / shame on you microsof
I recently purchased an XBox Live Gold membership for my son at a cost of $99 and spent $100 for a wireless adapter all as a present for my son.
When he attempted to activate his membership he inadvertently typed his birthdate incorrectly. As a result he is unable to log onto any of the games of his choice despite their rating.
The next day I attempted to contact XBOX Live customer support only to find out they were closed.
The following business day I attempted to contact them again. This is where the real fun begins. I explained what happened and that I needed either to:
1) fix the account so that my son can play some games or
2) transfer my membership to a new gamertag so that we can set it up properly to play the games online that he has been playing or
3) refund the subscription so that we can purchase a new one
I spoke with John, Chris, Richard, Mariam, Ben, Alfred, (none of these folks were actually in the United States and there was a substantial language barrier) Tiffany and many others. All of them apologized profusely, but explain that there was absolutely nothing they could do to help us. We tried for 8 frustrating hours to get this resolved to no avail. It is unbelievable to me that Microsoft, one of the largest companies in the world, is either not competent enough to solve this issue or cares so little for it's customer that they choose not to. Either way, I am in the process of selling the Xbox and all games and accessories so that I can buy my son a PS3. And as much as I love Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint etc…I am absolutely looking into alternatives.
How sad. Shame on you Microsoft.
More Microsoft Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - microsoft tech support with windows 10.
- Microsoft Corporation - refund department for xbox product
- Microsoft Corporation - xbox one
- Microsoft Corporation - unethical behavior
- Microsoft Corporation - office 365