Microsoft Award Team / Diamond International Courier / Fraud and scam!

I was notified I won 1,000,000 GBP by email from Microsoft Award team and to contact Mr Thomas Nicholas, Claims officer Microsoft Award Team 102 Eaton Square, London SW1 W9AN United Kingdom, telephone number +[protected] Ref # BTD/968/06, Batch# 409978E his email address is mic_thomasnicholas@yahoo.dk.

I was then informed to contact Mr Williams Harlem with Diamond International Courier 93 Wolfington Road, West Norwood, London SE27 ORH Telephone +[protected]. email address diamond_international_courier@yahoo.co.uk. The following information was requested Ref # BTD/968/06, Batch # 409978E, Verification code (876590MICROSOFT000000) Pin number ([protected]). I would have to send via Western Union to Receiving Agent Mr. MCWRIGHT Horace, 2 Bevan Avenue Conway LL28 SAF, United Kingdom the sum between $695.00 - $817.00 USD to get my certified bank draft delivered. I am sending this so others will not be scamed by this kind of email.

Phil Valenti.

Comments

• Su
      9th of Nov, 2007

I agree completely with you. This is the same experience i had!

• Sh
      10th of Nov, 2007

Ya i just got the same one!..... my Ticket number====== Alo79-55-279-18 , Serial number ======Alotd/9/14/06/07 , Lucky number ======885-32-48-40(111),

Winning code number: (19000)! same goes from me that i have NEVER signed up for any lottery! and it really sux cause u know if i did actually win something like that i could really use it!! Haha i guess we all could... but ya its a nice little scam which is ridiculous on the persons part that says that this is real!!! Oh and apparently i won Two Million Great Britain Pounds!

• Al
      11th of Nov, 2007

I received a similar email from Coca-Cola Web Lottery. What I do not understand is why are they sending this kind of emails. Some of us can get a hart-attack.

Actually what is the winnings of these scams???

• La
      12th of Nov, 2007

Is it true?

Microsoft Award Team
    20 Craven Park, Harlesden London NW10,United Kingdom.

Ref: BTD/610/07
    Batch: 742701AE
    (lakshmanmcaj@yahoo.co.in)

Attn:P.Lakshmanan

PAYMENT OPTIONS / DELIVERY PROCEDURE

This is in receipt of your mail and required data inclusive. Also the verification process has been completed.

However for your notification, your winnings is not in cash form but in Certified Bank Draft, this advice complies with the Anti-Fraud policy existing between Lottery companies and the British Government.

The payment process involves you contacting the courier company,so that they can delivery your winning to you.So that you can have your winning certified draft couriered by our affiliate Courier firm to you personally so that you can take it to your local bank to cash.

Consequently, you have been directed to contact our affiliate courier firm by email with your batch and reference numbers immediately for the delivery of your winning draft.This certified cheque would be taken by you to any of your local Banks to cash or deposited in your Bank accounts as preferred by you. In this regard, you would contact the courier company and state your choice of delivery from the above listed option and also notify us on your most suited option.

Stated below is the courier contact details for immediate delivery.

MR. Hary Hayes
    London SE27 0RH.
    EMAIL: diamondinter_courier@yahoo.co.uk

You are hereby directed to make the above contact immediately stating your pin numbers also (91240076) and inform them about your winnings and that you want your delivery made as soon as possible. Inform me as soon as you contact the courier company.

Congratulations once again from the entire staff of the Microsoft Award Team.

Mr.COLE SMITH
    MICROSOFT AWARD TEAM.
    United Kingdom
    Tel: +44 703 590 0496

• St
      13th of Nov, 2007

Still I cant believe this mail, whether its a True or Fraud.
    Do anybody tried to get the amount from Microsoft Award Team?

• Ha
      16th of Nov, 2007

Hi, I just received the same message, do anybody contacted Microsoft about this or do anybody had send the money to get this?, I am really confused..! Whether it is a scam or what…please clear me what is this actually…

Tel.: +44 704 570 6100

16 / 11 / 2007 (24HOURS ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICES)

Attention : Habeeb Rahman, Welcome to Diamond International Courier Services. We have the honour, most humbly and respectfully to congratulate you on your winnings. This is to formerly and officially inform you that we are in possession of your parcel containing your winning cheque, winning certificate and a fund release document. This parcel will be delivered to you at your contact address provided by you.

Furthermore, you can now begin the final step which will lead to releasing your parcel, with regards to this, there are one options open to you: you are required to select the most convenient for you. The options,with their associated conditions are presented below:

Your Parcel has been classified a top priority delivery. The description of the parcel to be delivered is stated below;

Color of Parcel : -------------Brown

Note that we do not operate on COD. (you must pay the delivery charges before we deliver your parcel) Below are the mandatory delivery charges that you required to select one of your desirred choice and make the payment to enable us deliver your parcel to you.

34,529.11 India Rupees 00

Note that your prize is protected by a hardcover insurance policy, which makes it impossible to deduct any amount from the money before it has been remitted to you. This means that the above charges cannot be deducted from the prize and hence must be provided by you before your parcel is delivered to you.

Also attach a scanned copy of either your driver's license, international passport (photo page) or any other legally identifying document. You are to go to the nearest ICICI BANK MONEY TRANSFER unit and make the payment for your parcel to be delivered to you.

Note that if you are ready to make the payment of delivery charges do get us inform so that we can provide you the Account details which you will use in depositing the courier charges

Please note that the majority of our orders are dispatched on a signed for delivery. Please ensure that you are available at your home address to sign for your parcel on delivery. On receipt of your courier charges you will always be telephoned or emailed to give you an estimated dispatch date of your order.

We guarantee your satisfaction. Contact us within 3 days incase of any delay in your delivery for expedite action to be taken. Please note that on confirmation of the paid charges, you will be notified on the time and date of delivery. Convertion of 1,000 000.00 Pounds to USD is $1.9,000.000.00

Note: As soon as payment is received we will provide you with your Tracking Number so that you can trace and follow up your parcel

Lastly all payments are insured and refundable by our insurance company.

Good luck and Congratulations once again. Please send your response within the next 24hrs to enable us expedite action on your parcel. We are glad to be of service to you.

16th of Nov, 2007

I also got the same email. I do not understand everything of it because it is in English.

I am happy to found your comment of this action because I do not no it is true or not. What does the word "scam" means??

Greetings,
    Janet, the Netherlands

• Mu
      16th of Nov, 2007

I too received this email. I too like to know what all these?

• Ni
      19th of Nov, 2007

I too received this email. This is all a fraud. I did check some references and found this site for verification. Am just emailing these guys for fun.

• Te
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I got this mail I reply them to cut off the charges and send my money. See the mail below..

Tel.: +44 704 570 6100

23 / 11 / 2007 (24HOURS ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICES)

Attention : Tejvinder Pal Singh Batra,

Tel.: +44 704 570 6100

All is ### this is floated to trap new users on net..

• Ta
      23rd of Nov, 2007

I received at least 5-6 this kind of mail from different id. These are all frauds. Remember no one gives a single penny without any thing done. Fraud!

• Re
      27th of Nov, 2007

I received this email as well, all the words are exactly the same.

I wanted to check out Diamond international courier's website, then I luckily found this website.

I'm from South Africa.

Is this fraud?
    Did anyone get money?

• Ku
      7th of Dec, 2007

On 12/7/07, MR JOHNSON WHITE wrote:

Tel.: +44 704 570 6100

07 / 12 / 2007 (24HOURS ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICES)

Attention : M......,

3rd of Jan, 2008

This is the junk mail i dont think this mail is from Microsoft team, if this is case microsoft never asks money for courier deliver

3rd of Jan, 2008

This is for sure, its a fraud company dont afford any money for such types of junk mails

• El
      4th of Feb, 2008

I have received a mail stating that I won 450 000gbp. Ref. number: 700DMUK291176S, Batch number: UK065/088/XY2400

There address: 61B Ashbourne Avenue, London, NW11 ODT, United Kingdom.

After much conversation the money was sent and when I couldn't get all the money the "claims Agent" Mr. Mike Jerkins, told me that he would help me and then when I paid my last he all of a sudden first wanted his money because a friend of his had the same experiance and that he didn't get his money back and now he wants his money first before reseasing the money to be delivered. When I asked him to put me in touch with Dr. William Ford, the online Group Coordinator he told me that it is against company polisy to do so.

I was just wondering if this is a scam and if so how do I report this and to whom?

• Da
      7th of Mar, 2008

Mr. Williams Harlem

FAX: +44 870 471 4897
    7TH MARCH 2008 (24HOURS ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICES)

Attention: Dario Glavonjic,

This is to formerly and officially inform you that we are in possession of your parcel containing your winning cheque of £1000,000.00 (one million great British Pounds), winning certificate and a fund release document. This cheque will be delivered to you at your contact address provided by you. It is the usual practice of this company to conduct a proper verification of all parcels to ensure that they are valid. Be rest assured that your check has been confirmed valid and true and will be dispatched to you.

We are a well established company offering courier and transport services 24 hours a day priority delivery across the globe. We deliver, letters, parcels and consignments to any destination by road, air or sea. Your Delivery Order number is DIC/668530092.

Description of parcel to be delivered
    An original certificate of weight: -------------0.5kg
    Bonded draft of weight : -------------0.11kg
    Total weight of parcel : -------------0.17kg
    Color of Parcel : -------------Brown

Below are the mandatory administrative and courier shipping charges that you are required to pick out your preferred option and send your payment via any western union money transfer office nearest to you to enable us courier your certified bank cheque to you. The shipping charges are a little high due to insurance covered for your highly sensitive document. You are to select one option above and send payment through Western Union or Money Gramso as to speed up the process of your cheque delivery

DIAMOND INT'L® COURIER Customer Service Online Tel: +44-704-570-0476 FAST, SECURE AND RELIABLE 24 HOURS ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL LINE

DIAMOND® Int'l Courier LTD Dispatch UNIT CHANNEL OF DELIVERY TO ANY PART OF THE WORLD
    DIAMOND-Int'l Dispatch UNIT

Total US Dollars

$817.361 USD

$756.059 USD
    $694.757 USD

You can also make a choice of DHL INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS COURIER SERVICE in your country if this will be convinient and preferable to you.

DHL® INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS CHARGES

Total US Dollars

$756.059 USD

$726.599 USD
    $694.757 USD

Payment should be sent via Western Union Money Transfer or Money Gram to our receiving agent name stated below.

WESTERN UNION OR MONEY GRAM AGENT RECEIVER'S NAME
    Receiving Agent: Mr. Grill Richard
    2 Bevan Avenue Conwy LL28 5AF
    United Kingdom.

You are to email a copy of the transfer slip and send the following information via email as they appear on the western union transfer slip to us:

1.Name and address of sender
    2.Amount sent
    3.Money Transfer Control number (MTCN)

As soon as we receive confirmation and evidence of payment of the above charges, we will dispatch your cheque immediately. The date and time of departure and expected date of delivery will be sent to you. Please send us a scan copy of either your Driving Licence or International Passport or any recent Identification of yours for delivery verification.

Please send your response within the next 24 hours to enable us expedite action on your parcel. We are glad to be of service to you.

FAX: +44 870 471 4897

Same ###... Cant believe that I fell for this... but... As much as I know its not true its sad that it looks so true... and U cant believe... hehe :)

• Ca
      7th of Mar, 2008

I RECEIVED TE SAME E-MAIL WITH THE SAME NUMBERS. I HAVE BEEN RESEARCHING THE COURIERS TO CHECK PARCEL NUMBERS---YAH RIGHT, I COULDNT GET ANYWHERE. HONESTLY-THESE PEOPLE/COMPANIES THAT STATE YOU WIN SHOULD SEND IT TO YOU WITHOUT AN HASSLES. I DO UNDERSTAND TAXES AND STUFF BUT TO PUT OUT MONIES TO SEND IT TO YOU IS THE REAL EYE-OPENER. THEY COULD SEND IT TO YOU PENDING COD CHARGES. I WOULD RATHER DO THAT THEN SEND $280.00 OUT TO SOMEONE I DO NOT KNOW. TIMES ARE GETTING TUFF AS IS AND I AM NOT SENDING ANY MONEY TO ANYONE WITHOUT A GUARENTEE OF SOME NATURE. I NEED MORE THEN A SO-CALLED PARCEL NUMBER THAT I CAN NOT TRACK EVEN IN THE UK. I REALLY WISH I WS GETTING ONE MILLION POUNDS STERLING----PLAY THE LOTTERY---

• Ly
      11th of Mar, 2008

Mr. Williams Harlem

FAX: +44 870 471 4897
    11TH MARCH 2008 (24HOURS ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICES)

Attention: LYUDMYLA HLIVA,

This is to formerly and officially inform you that we are in possession of your parcel containing your winning cheque of ё1000,000.00 (one million great British Pounds), winning certificate and a fund release document. This cheque will be delivered to you at your contact address provided by you. It is the usual practice of this company to conduct a proper verification of all parcels to ensure that they are valid. Be rest assured that your check has been confirmed valid and true and will be dispatched to you.

Description of parcel to be delivered
    An original certificate of weight: -------------0.5kg
    Bonded draft of weight : -------------0.11kg
    Total weight of parcel : -------------0.17kg
    Color of Parcel : -------------Brown

DIAMOND INT'L COURIER Customer Service Online Tel: +44-704-570-0476 FAST, SECURE AND RELIABLE 24 HOURS ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE CALL LINE

DIAMOND Int'l Courier LTD Dispatch UNIT CHANNEL OF DELIVERY TO ANY PART OF THE WORLD DIAMOND-Int'l Dispatch UNIT 1.Express Delivery 2.CourierRegular 3.Courier Regular late.

World Wide Delivery Service 24 Hours Delivery 2 Days
    Delivery 3 Days
    Mailing. ё80.00 ё70.00 ё60.00
    Insurance. ё120.00 ё110.00 ё100.00
    Vat. ё200.00 ё200.00 ё180.00

Total GBP Pounds ё400.00 GBP ё370.00 GBP ё340.00 GBP
    Total US Dollars $817.361 USD $756.059 USD $694.757 USD

DHL INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS CHARGES DHL INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS 1.Express Delivery 2.CourierRegular 3.Courier Regular late.

World Wide Delivery Service 24 Hours Delivery 2 Days

Receiving Agent: Mr. Grill Richard
    2 Bevan Avenue Conwy LL28 5AF

1.Name and address of sender
    2.Amount sent
    3.Money Transfer Control number (MTCN)

TEL: +44-704-570-0476FAX: +44- 870 471 4897

Batch number : 409978E
    Pin Number : 91240076

PAYMENT OPTIONS / DELIVERY PROCEDURE

ATTENTION WINNER:

This is in respect of your mail and required data inclusive. Also the verification process has been completed with your VERIFICATION CODE (876590MICROSOFT000000). Your email was luckily drawn by a computer balloting system as one of our winners in our experimental lottery bonanza from the prestigious MICROSOFT ONLINE EMAIL PROMOTION THAT WAS HELD IN UNITED KINGDOM. Thus, making you the winner of the sum of 1,000,000.00GBP (One Million Great British Pounds Sterling).

However for your notification, your winning is not in cash form but in Certified Bank Draft, this advice complies with the Anti-Fraud policy existing between Lottery companies and the British Government.

The payment process involves your making a choice from these two (2) options of payment, the one that suits you for the release of your winning draft. Please select one option out of the two stated above and contact payment company.

(1). Have your winning certified draft couriered to you personally by our affiliate courier firm so that you can take it to your local bank to cash.

(2). Have your winning certified draft credited and transferred to your account online by our paying bank DEWNET BANK AND SECURITY PLC.

Consequently, you have been directed to contact our affiliate courier firm by email and state your Batch Number, Reference Number, Verification Code, Pin Numbers, your contact address and telephone number to them so as to enable them process your claims.

This certified cheque would be taken by you to any of your local Banks to cash or credited and transferred to your account as preferred by you. In this regards, you would contact the courier company and state your choice of delivery from the above listed option and also send us a copy of the email. Stated below is the courier contact email for immediate delivery

CONTACT DIAMOND INTERNATIONAL COURIER:

DIAMOND INT"L COURIER

TEL: +44 704 570 0476

EMAIL: diamond_courierservices@yahoo.co.uk

You are hereby directed to make the above contact immediately stating your method of delivery by Courier Services or by the DEWNET BANK AND SECURITY PLC. Please forward your Batch Number, Reference Number, Verification Code, Pin Numbers, your contact address and telephone number to them.

Congratulations once again from the entire staff of the Microsoft Award E-mail Promotion Team.

Mr.Thomas Nicholas