Microsoft Award Promotion Team Uk / Scammed me and I gave them my address, name and the occupation!

1 Lansing, MI, United States Review updated:

I just got a letter from the company above and found out after I gave them my home address, phone number, occupation and name that it was a scam! I just wanted to put in a complaint that I got a letter like several other people. Do I have to do anything to protect myself if I gave them the information that I did?

Am

Comments

27th of Aug, 2008

same thing happened to me. i didn't know what to think of that... i finally answered and received a second or follow-up email asking for the bank account.
    of course i didn't answer that one, but still, it's frustrating
    damn scams!

• Ka
      1st of Sep, 2008

]
    the information that was i got is as follows
    DEAR ESTEEMED WINNER.
    We happily announce to you the draw of the Microsoft Word
    International Promotion Program held Today in LONDON ENGLAND.
    Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: MSW-130876
    which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2nd category.
    You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of
    500.000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand pounds sterling) This is
    from a total prize money of 2, 500, 000.00 POUNDS shared among
    the five international winners in this category.

All participants were selected randomly from World Wide Web
    sites and guestbooks through computer draw system and extracted
    from over 100, 000 individuals and companies.This promotion
    takes place annually and it is sponsored by Bill Gates of
    Microsoft and his associates to encourage the use of internet
    and computers world wide.

For more information as regards procedures to claim your
    prize contact our agent below.

Mr. David Moore,
    E-mail: web.davidmoore@hotmail.com
    Phone: +447031924553

To avoid unnecessary delays, you are to contact Mr. Gordon
    Moore with the below details:

Name of Winner:--------
    Phone no:---------------
    Occupation:-------------
    Age: -------------------
    Amount won:-------------

Quote your Ticket number in any correspondences with us
    or our agent. Winners under 16 years will be disqualified.

Yours faithfully,
    Sir Fedrick Matins
    Online Promo Co-ordinator.

22nd of Jan, 2010

I have recieved numerous emails like these. I got so annoyed with them, I decide to lead them on. Then turn around in their faces. One lot actually sent me other stuff to do, and, well, you dont want to know what I said to them =D
    So, I used a fake name, etc etc.

I got this email, and it has my replies in it...

From: MICROSOFT AWARD PROMO
    Sent: Thursday, January 21, 2010 10:23 AM
    To: ---
    Subject: RE: Microsoft Award/Choose Your Delivery Option

First of all, I must let you know that regarding this as a scam would be rather insulting to me and the entire organisation of microsoft, I will not tolerate any direct or indirect insults from you for any reason whatsoever, I have my dignity to live up to, perhaps you need to give us the respect mostly to bill gate for been so kind to fellow humans.

Please note that all winners are to come direct to microsoft office here in london as the promo head qtr office, but if you still feel unconfortable in claiming your winning prize, it will be your free will to disclaim your winning amount and if you think you cannot come over to this office in person i guess you stand a chance of lossing you one time life opportunity.

Best Regards,

Subject: Re: Microsoft Award/Choose Your Delivery Option
    Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:51:16 +0800

Hey,

Just a few things.

I know full well that there is no such thing as this award. And, if you were really from London, you would know how to write in English and spell correctly.

The reason that you are advising me not to tell anybody of this so-called 'winning' is that you don't want to be ratted out.

So, yes. I know full well that this is a scam.

I look forward to your reply.

I. J. Hale

From: MICROSOFT AWARD PROMO
    Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:42 AM
    To: ----------
    Subject: Microsoft Award/Choose Your Delivery Option

MICROSOFT® (UK. Regional Office)
    Products Promotion Division,
    Microsoft Building, Wright Lane,
    Kensington London W85sp.

Tel: +44-792-404-9532

Fax: +44-705-361-9664

E-Mail: fileclaims01@sys-w.com
    **********************************

Dear Isabella Jane Hale,

We wish to congratulate you once again on this note, for being part of the 5 winners selected on this month. The Microsoft Windows Live felicitate with you and your family. This promotion was set-up to encourage the active users of the Internet Microsoft Windows." Microsoft Award" Hence we do believe with your winning prize, you will continue to be active and patronage to the Microsoft Windows. I wish to formally announce to you that you have successfully pass the requirements, statutory obligations, verifications, validations and satisfactory report Test conducted for all on-line winners and claims for your £1, 000, 000 GBP winning prize

A winning cheque has been issued in your name by the Microsoft Lottery Incorporation board and also a certificate of prize claims will be sent along side your winnings cheque.

You are therefore advice to choose from the below delivery option and re-confirmed your receiving address, our delivery department will proceed in sending your winning cheque to you after you have choose from the option below;

Please Re-confirmation your delivery address;

Postal Code:_____________________________
    Country:_________________________________
    Telephone Ext.:___________________________
    E-mail:__________________________________
    Choose from delivery option below:____________________________

DELIVERY OPTIONS;

Shipping and handling - 130 Pounds Sterling
    Insurance - 215 Pounds Sterling
    Value added Tax- 20 Pounds sterling
    Total amount to be paid - £365 pounds Sterling

(To make a currency conversion click on)

Number of Packages: 1 PKT
    Package worth :...( Amount Won)
    Package content:
    Delivery time :...( time of recipient's availability)

The Microsoft Windows lottery has discovered a huge number of double claims due to winners informing close friends relatives and third parties about their winning and also sharing their pin numbers. As a result of this, this friend tries to claim the lottery on behalf of the real winners. The Microsoft lottery has reached a decision from headquarters that any double claim discovered by the Lottery Board will result to the cancelling of that particular winning, making a loss for both the double claimer and the real winner, as it is taken that the real winner was the informer to the double claimer about the lottery. So you are hereby strongly advised once more to keep your winnings strictly confidential until you claim your prize.

This office will not be responsible for any outstanding fees. Services rendered by the Courier Services are to be paid by you and not the lottery board, for the fact that the lottery organizers didn't make any provision for any upcoming expenses, regarding delivery of parcel or any such.

Have it in mind that your won prize cannot be deducted from because a cheque has already been issue in your name, also this is because the total amount has been insured to the real value .This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

Congratulation once more!!!

Yours in service,

Barr. Arthur James Esq.

Microsoft Promotion Award Team

Head Winning Claims Dept

As the internet continues to drive the expansion of home shipping, so the importance of home delivery continues to grow. Microsoft delivery service is already an established presence in this vital market. We have the expertise and the technology to allow us to deliver solutions that will satisfy our customers. More than any other courier, we recognize the onus home delivery networks place on a third party logistics provider to be your ambassador –with Microsoft delivery service, our professional crews deliver ‘white gloves€™ services direct into your' homes..

YOUR WINNING PERCEL ON THE WAY !!!

• Di
      25th of Nov, 2010

Yes, I am also a recipient of the same letter but I didn't bother to give them a damn because I knew fully well that it was indeed a scam imagine they would freely ask you to pay a cost of one hundred fifty us dollar as delivery fee. To hell are these people who knew nothing but to take advantage of their fellowmen. Is there no possibility to stop this kind of practice. Put them to jail if necessary and possible.

10th of Dec, 2012

SEND YOUR DETAIL TO OUR OFFICIAL DIPLOMATIC DELIVERY OFFICER DR, MATHEW EDWARD!

avion02.gif (20271 octets)

REFERENCE NUMBER: 2008234522

PIN: 1208
    WINNING NUMBER: 01 14 21 30 35 48

ATTN: MR. SATHIYARAJ P.

We are in receipt of your mail and must say that you should count yourself and your family extremely lucky to have emerged as one of the winners in this year's

The Award email address draws was conducted from an exclusive list of 7000, 000 Email Address of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer selection from the web. No tickets were sold. After this automated computer ballot, Your email address emerged as one of the five winners in category "B" with the followings:

Your winning prize has been verified and approved for payment by this Department. Your Profile (Form) has also been received and filed along with other winning documents for Record Purpose. Delivery will be made to you by a high level diplomatic agent his Name is Senior Diplomat (Dr Mathew Edward)Your consignment code is (CH/147/LD) you are to keep your Consignment Code Number very confidential From General Public and try to update us as soon as he contact you with your winning price in your country India by tomorrow.

The Diplomatic Officer will be Arriving India and you are to send to Our Diplomatic Officer a copy of your ID prove (mathew-edward@hotmail.com ) ( ID CARD/ PASSPORT / VOTERS CARD OR DRIVER LICENSE COPY) to enable him identify before he arrives your country (India). Below is his flight information:

Departure Date /Time: 10/12/2012 -10:15:00 p.m (UK TIME)
    Arrival Date /Time: 11/12/2012 09:17 a.m (INDIA TIME)

Your winning consignment box contains all of the following items:

1.) Your Winning Demand Draft Prize sum of £500, 000.00 GBP.
    2.) Official Winning Certificate.
    3.) Letter of Affidavit for claims eligibility.
    4.)Documents covering source of winnings.
    5.)A Microsoft window laptop and two t.shirts

Note: All courier charges has been dully paid over here in UK while you will be responsible for any local charges to be incurred by the diplomat in delivering your winning prize to you in your country.

Please be warned: For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential from general public till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you.

This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some double claimers.

Congratulations once again from all staff of Yahoo/MSN Lottery Board and do feel free to call us for more information.

Sincerely yours,
    DR. EDWARD PHILIP
    Tel: +448719747562
    PROMOTIONS MANAGER,
    (Microsoft Email Games/Award Coordinator).

DollarsDollarsDollars

DEAR LUCKY WINNER THE RESULT OF MICROSOFT PROMOTION UK AWARD 2012
    HAS BEEN RELEASED, WE ARE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE TO YOU THAT YOUR EMAIL
    ADDRESS IS AMONG ONE OF THE LUCKY WINNER, PLEASE KINDLY OPEN THE
    ATTACHMENT FILE AND FILL THE FORM CORRECTLY AND RETURN IT TO US FOR
    VERIFICATION AND THE PROCESSING OF YOUR WINNING AWARD.

YOUR SINCERELY,
    DR.EDWARD PHILIP
    EVENT MANAGER
    HEAD CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE

MICROSOFT E-MAIL AWARD PROMOTION LONDON UK 2012!!!