[Resolved] Micro Center / totally unacceptable

On December 13, 2008 I purchased a Sceptre 22'' LCD Monitor at the Micro Center in Wesbury New York. I pay a total price of $174.00 with the applicable tax and a rebate of $40.00 as advertised. All the necessary paper work and receipts were mailed to the Sceptre Rebate Offer. It's almost 4 months now and I haven't receive any rebate from the Sceptre . I contacted the Sceptre via email but nobody respond or email me back stating my issue with the rebate. The Micro Center are aware of these rip off practices by this Company but they said it is a third party so they are not responsible. That's totally unacceptable.

• Resolution statement

• Hello Jack,

Thank you for the opportunity to address this concern. We recently began following and addressing Micro Center concerns on complaintsboard.com. I do apologize that as of the date of your post you were not assisted. I would like to assist.

Can you update me on the status of your rebate? If you have not received it to date, can you provide me with a reference number from your sales receipt or the serial number from the LCD itself. I can then begin researching a resolution. custrel@microcenter.com

Al

Jo

Comments

• Ga
      18th of Mar, 2009

I am also awaiting Sceptre rebate for monitor purchased in December, 2008. Initially, they emailed on Feb 10 that rebate would be mailed in 2-3 weeks. In mid March, 2009, they are now saying rebates will be mailed by end of March and should be received by first or second week of April. We shall see--but they are responding positively to emails.

I bought product at MicroCenter in Atlanta. At the time of purchase, MicroCenter told me that if Sceptre did not honor the rebate that MicroCenter would.

• Dt
      8th of Apr, 2009

Same story. 22" Sceptre monitor from Micro Center in Philly November 2008. Still no rebate and not replies to my emails. THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

• Bu
      8th of Apr, 2009

It took about 3 months from the time I mailed in my rebate for a Sceptre computer monitor, but I just got the rebate in the mail today. I bought my monitor about mid-December, 2008 and sent in the rebate around the first of the year. Seems like these guys are real slow in processing and sending out a rebate. My wife bought a new Verizon cell phone recently and they mailed the rebate within 2 weeks of my submission.

I'll remember Sceptre is very slow on rebates the next time I consider buying one of their products.

But, they did finally deliver.

• Ro
      9th of Apr, 2009

I also bought a 22" Sceptre LCD in December 2008. I have not received a rebate check yet. Additionally, Sceptre has not responded to my requests for an update on the rebate status. I will not buy another Sceptre product after this even though I do like the monitor.

• Te
      11th of Apr, 2009

I bought a 23" sceptre LCD in Dec 2008. I am still waiting for my $60 rebate as of April 10th, 2009.

• Br
      15th of Apr, 2009

I purchased a 24" monitor in late November 2008 and after repeated contacts the company that is processing the rebate I still have not recieved it. They always promise it is comining in 2 to 3 weeks. The purchase was made at Micro Center. I have never had a problem with a rebate from Best Buy.

• Md
      29th of May, 2009

add me to the list of waiters...every couple of week they say it will be in the mail, more than 5 months now since i sent it in. they have me in the database and promise to send the check, but nada again and again. i am hoping microcenter will be helpful, if not i wont buy sceptre or microcenter ever again.

30th of May, 2009

Bought a Sceptre monitor in December, still no check.

They told me (by email) that they already sent the check. I told them I did not receive it, and they said they would send a second one, and that I should return the first one if I receive.

Now there are no checks, no answers. Will never buy another Sceptre product. Ever.

• Md
      5th of Jun, 2009

well i got my check today, 5+ months since i sent it in and after many many calls and emails to sceptre and microcenter. a note attached said to send back the first check they sent if it ever arrives (unlikely to happen) and if i try to cash the check it will bounce (likely to happen). it was painful, a waste of time for $60...but its over (unless this check bounces...doh! i'll be back if that happens)

here is what i got from microcenter that did the trick, go give sceptre hell! "Thank you for writing to us. I have looked up your submission and I am also able to see that it is approved. Please contact Gloria @ 626-217-1023 x1301. She has been referred to our customers as the people that can address rebate concerns. She works directly for Sceptre."