Micosoft XBOX 360 / unknowledgeable support staff
Last week, I called in to see if I could get a power supply that works in India as I am planning to pack that for my son who is going to India. Call 1 (4/8/2007): In the first call the person said something to the effect that I need to purchase the whole system for India, when I was trying to see if I could but the power supply and Power cord, I got disconnected (my bad).
Call 2 (4/8/2007): So I call up again and explained that I had lost the connection and I was looking for a whole power supply kit that will work in India. The person responded if I needed a power cord or just the brick, I check the price and said send me both.
Today (4/13/2007): I received the prower supply only (not the cord and does not seem to be new, this is not the issue). When I checked the power specification, it is the same as the one I have (shipped originally with the console), so I call up the call center and say that I did not receive the correct power supply. After explaining couple of times and being on hold for several minutes for couple of time the person, told me that I will need to buy a transformed in India. (Initial this person did not even know the voltage in India). On which I said, I wanted to return this power supply as it is of no use to me. He tried to convince me to keep it and take it India, I said I do not want to carry two power supply as they are bulky and do not solve my problem. He then transfered me to his supervisor (I believe Allen), who after understanding my issues put me on hold for server minutes and came back with a answer that he has escalated it to Microsoft and it will take 5-8 day and I should hang on to this power cord. Then he said something that was troubling me.
He said that my request to use in India was made only today. This is ridiculous as the whole purpose of the call and to get the power cord was to use in India. He also added that he has reviewed the calls I have made and said that I have not told them that I wanted to use in India. When I asked him if he could replay my conversation for me he declined. I even confronted with him that I had a conversation regarding PAL and NTSC system on the first call.
Now, I have two question as a Microsoft customer what are my options.
1) Microsoft is selling XBOX 360 in India and don't they have original power supply that work in India.
2) Don't I as a consumer have a right to return an item that I have just purchased with a certain time period.
More Micosoft XBOX 360 Complaints & Reviews
- Microsoft Xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulant charges on my charge and bank accounts 
- Microsoft Billing Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent billing on card 
- Microsoft *adcenter Bill. Ms. Net WA - fraudulent charges on credit card 
- Microsoft *xbox Live Bill. Ms. Net WA - I have been getting charges on my credit card from this organization, on feb. 09, and feb. 12, 2009 
- Xbox Live - banned without any reason! 
- Microsoft Corporation - microsoft tech support with windows 10.
- Microsoft Corporation - refund department for xbox product
- Microsoft Corporation - xbox one
- Microsoft Corporation - unethical behavior
- Microsoft Corporation - office 365