Micosoft Award Team / Scam lottery winnings

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Please check the email sent below is genuine or not?

CONGRATULATION!!!

Monday, June 2, 2008 10:29 AM

From: "MICROSOFT AWARD TEAM" <info@microsoftawardteam.org>Add sender to Contacts To: omjiomji@yahoo.comCONGRATULATION This is to inform you that your email has won a consultation prize of the Microsoft Corporation EMAIL DRAW held on 29th May 2008. Your email has won �500, 000.00 (Great British Pounds). Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our Africa booklet representative in West Africa as indicated in your play coupon, In view of this, your �500, 000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand Pounds) cheque would be released to you by our Fiduciary Agent in West Africa.

Please fill the verification form below and send it with your (Ref#: BTD/610/08), and (Batch #:742701AE) to your claims agent.

PAYMENT RELEASE ORDER FORM:
Nationality________________
Telephone numbers____________
Batch________________________
Reference____________________

Microsoft Fudiciary Agent: David Moore Via E-mail: fiduciary_davidmoore@live.com

Congratulations from the entire member of the Microsoft Promotion Award team.

Sincerely,
Susan Lars
Head Customer care Service
Microsoft Promotion Team...

Comments

• Mi
      8th of Jul, 2008

After receiving this same email, I have begun correspondence to "Mr. Moore" just to have a bit of fun. This is what has transpired thus far.

Dear Sir,

As is the standard method for making a claim on any large prize, please send me the affadavit in writing via certified mail. I will then fill out and sign the paperwork in front of a Notary Public in order to verify my identity and claim my fabulous prize! I am so extremely excited! My family has been experiencing severe financial hardships and I just can't contain my excitement at the possibility of providing good, healthy meals to my children every single night! I can now buy them new shoes, clothes, and maybe even a car so that we can get to the grocery store without asking for a ride! Oh, my! This is a life changing event and I can't thank you enough!

I will await the claim affadavit in the mail. My address is : 935 Pennsylvania Avenue. Washington, D.C. 20535.
    [Note that this address is for the FBI]

Here is "Mr. Moore's" response:

CLAIMS DELIVERY PROCEDURE

Dear Michelle Roseola, [Not my real name]

I Mr. David Moore, your Claim facilitator officer, had been directed to release your payment cheque to you as soon as possible, immediately I receive your email.

This is to formerly inform you that after the verification process conducted on your duly completed Prize Verification Form, I wish to inform you that the Administrative department has just approved and referred your claim file to our affiliate company, TNT Courier Services, so that your Prize Winning Certificate and Cheques can be sent to you by postal mail but you shall bear the cost of courier delivery of your cheque and Prize Winning Certificate
    These Draws are commemorative and as such special. Please note that your lucky winning number falls within our Africa booklet representative in West Africa as indicated in your play coupon, In view of this, your US$ 500. 000.00 (Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) cheque would be released to you in our West Africa Payment Office,

Our Delivery Officer in our West Africa Payment Office would be delivering your cheque to you through TNT Courier to your respective city or locations in your country. He would need;
    • Phone number
    • Postal address.

Mailing &n bsp;...$130
    Insurance...$65
    Vat ...$50
    TOTAL... $245

• TNT Courier Delivery Fee of $245 Dollars.

Send the delivery fees through Western Union Money Transfer or MONEYGRAM International Money Transfer, to my secretary via this E-mail address. Find below the details of the receiver:

Name: DICKSON SAMUEL
    ADDRESS: 223, Dutse way, Wuse Zone 1,
    Jos, Nigeria
    TEST QUESTION: White
    ANSWER: Red.

You are to send the following payment informations to my office Via E-mail:
    1) Name and Address of sender
    2) Amount sent
    3) Money transfer control number (MTCN)
    4) Location were money was sent from.
    5) TEST QUESTION AND ANSWER:

This will enable us facilitate the release of your winning certificate and the cheque.

We congratulate you as one of the Microsoft award International Online Sweepstakes Lottery Winner.

N.B: Your winning Award Certificate would be sent with your Cheque. Hence, without the winning certificate presented at your local bank, you won't be able to claim the money and it might causes a lot of delay as this is a crossed cheque. You can receive the money in any country in the world.

Thanks for your cooperation. Note, it is not possible for me to deduct the TNT DELIVERY fee from your winning cheque because it has been issued and sent to me by the general overseer Mrs. Susan Lars, in conjunction with the A.B.N AMRO Bank financial. In this case, you are required to pay this fee to get your winning cheque as soon as possible.

Please note that on no condition or circumstance must you reveal your winning ticket number to any one for this organization shall not by in anyway be held responsible for double claiming/missappropriation of funds. You have to keep your winning information secret until you are done.

Thanks.
    Yours faithfully,
    David Moore,
    MICROSOFT.

Here is my response to this:

Dear Mr. Moore,

Thank you for your timely response to my message. In conferring with my legal counsel, it has been brought to my attention that requiring the recipient of a prize to pay for the mailing of the REQUIRED affadavit is both illegal and heinous. My lawyer has initiated contact with the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation regarding this matter and is simultaneously proceeding to file legal suit against your organization, which clearly is NOT Microsoft as you so ridiculously claim. In addition, my lawyer is also sending correspondence to the Microsoft corporation headquarters to inform them of the fraudulent use of their company name.

I am saddened at your ploy and feel great despair as I have lost all hope of providing for my family without the funds that you promised me under false pretenses. You will be hearing from the U.S. authorities shortly and will additionally be receiving correspondence from my lawyer in the very near future.

Regretfully,
    Michelle Roseola [Not my real name, nor the name on my email account--he doesn't seem to care]

I will update if "Mr. Moore" decides to respond! Hee hee!

• Su
      24th of Jan, 2009
    Micosoft Award Team - payment of prize and claim
    micosoft award team
    Sutton
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom
    mswclaimsdept90@live.com

this lotteryscam was sent to me, onFri.1/23/09 5:52 PM, it is from theNew Year Edition Lottery promotion 2009 which is organized by WINDOWS LIVE &MICOSOFT WINDOWS, collects all email that are online, then it goes on to say that i won five hundred thousand pounds, YEA RIGHT, Anyway PLEASE STOP MAKING LIVES HURT MAYBE THEY CAN DO SOMETHING BETTER WITH THERE LIFE,