Michelin Tire Co / Tire LIfe

1 Sun City West, AZ, US Review updated:

I purchased a new KIA Sedona in August 2007 with Michelin tires. I drive approximately 775 miles per month mainly to hospitals and doctor's offices in the local area. Never once has this vehicle ever been out of town. I have religiously had my Sedona serviced at each designated interval and have had the tires rotated and checked. The KIA comes with tire pressure indicators which have only come on twice for low pressure. I always added air when necessary. Now I find, that with 18, 745 miles, I need new tires. Two have extensive road damage with one having a two and one half inch cut across the tread showing to the treads and the other has sidewall damage.
After having my tire inspected by a neutral tire dealer (BigO) and having the agent there confirm with Michelin the extent of the damage and wear, Michelin Customer Service offered me a 25% savings off of new Michelins. My relatives were in the tire building business with Gates Rubber in Denver some years ago and never did I see a tire produced with a 20, 000 miles warranty. I can now see why WalMart doesn't stock nor handle Michelin tires as I'm sure the bad publicity would do them no good. I would be interested in hearing from others on this subject. You can rest assured that I will never have Michelin tires on any of my cars. (I've had nine in thirteen years here in Arizona and have never had trouble with tires on any of them)

Comments

• De
      May 28, 2011

I am on my third set of Michelin tires. All of which I got around 20, 000 to 25, 000 miles. I'm 50 and have never gotten a ticket. The last set of back tires lasted 10, 000 miles. I have just purchased my last set of Michelin tires. I plan to Write a letter to the company as well as consumer complaints. I have records of all of my purchases and would have continued to be a loyal customer. But, I'm done this product! They have lost it's grasp on what the word quality means.