Michaels Auto Sales / Horrible company

Michaels Auto Sales, Hollywood, FL sold me a car which was shown to have defects on the inspection report, however they withheld this info from me in order to close the deal. Car was inspected 12/13/08 and they told me over the phone it was in perfect shape. I bought it 12/16 and discovered a fuel leak on 12/18 which cost me $436 to repair at Maroone Nissan of Miami who said fuel line had been tampered with when someone tried to repair it with plastic tape, so warranty was no longer valid. I got a copy of the 12/13 inspection report and it showed 3 defects which were never revealed to me. I think they also knew about the fuel line problem. I've tried to get Michaels to reimburse me $436 and to resolve the 3 other problems, but to no avail. They also run a misleading ad on the internet which promises a $200 discount if customer sends in coupon shown on ad, however coupon is not printable so accessing this offer is impossible. When I brought this up with them in person, they denied its validity, yet it still remains on their internet ad.

Pa

Comments

• Sh
      16th of Feb, 2011

I PURCHASED A 2007 CRYSTLER 300 TOURING FROM THIS DEALERSHIP ON 12/11/11. AFTER PURCHASED WE NOTICED THE FRONT END SHAKES WHEN WE BREAK UP, AND THERE WERE SOUNDS COMING FROM UNDER THE CAR. WE TOOK IT BACK TO THEM THEY STATED THEY FIX IT. AFTER 1 WEEK THE SAME PROBLEM OCCURRED AGAIN. WE CALLED THEM TO INFORM THAT WE HAD A DIAGNOSIS DONE ON THE CAR AND THE 4 STRUTS AND MOUNTS NEED TO BE REPLACED, AS WELL AS FRONT OUTER TIE ROD AND FRONT SWAY LINKS- TOTAL JOB ESTIMATED OVER 1400.00. THEY TOLD US SORRY WE DO NOT WARRANTY OUR CARS. NOT FAIR, BECAUSE WE ARE NOW STUCK WITH A CAR PAYMENT AND IN LESS THAN 2 MONTH A 1400.00 REPAIR THAT NEED TO BE DONE, AND THE CAR DRIVES LIKE A PIECE OF JUNK -I SPOKE WITH MICHAEL'S AUTO SALES THIS MORNING 01/31/11, AGAIN AND THEY INSIST THEY ARE NOT GOING TO ASSIST ME IN REPAIRS NEEDED TO THIS CAR I JUST PURCHASED 12/11/10. THEY DID NOT CORRECT THE PROBLEM FROM DAY ONE. WHO DO I GO TO FOR HELP. THE CAR IS PARKED AND CANNOT BE DRIVEN AT ALL, AND I AM P
    AYING FOR IT. I HAVE NO WAY OF GETTING TO WORK BACK AND FORTH TO PAY FOR THIS PARKED CAR. ON TOP OF THAT THE CAR I TRADED WAS IN GREAT CONDITION. I TRADED MY 2005 HONDA ACCORD LX, JUST TO UPGRADE TO A BIGGER VEHICLE, FOR SPACE FOR OUR CHILDREN. I EVEN ASKED THEM TO GIVE ME BACK MY CAR THIS MORNING 01/31/11, AFTER SPEAKING TO THEM ON 01/28/11. ON 01/28/11 WAKIEM THE SALES MANAGER TOLD ME TO CALL HIM ON 01/31/11 SO HE CAN MAKE ARRANGEMENT TO PICK UP THE CAR, TO GET IT TO THEIR MECHANIC. WHEN I CALL HIM TODAY 01/31/11, HE INFORMED ME THEY CANNOT HELP ME, AND HE ALSO SPOKE WITH THE OWNER OF THE COMPANY. HE INFORMED ME HE ONLY WORKS THERE, AND THERE IS NOTHING HE CAN DO. PLEASE HELP ME ON HOW TO GET THESE PEOPLE TO ADDRESSS THEIR PROBLEM.

Damage Resulting = I am presently taking the bus to work, while paying for this vehicle I just got from them 12/11/10 Contact me = Y
    Cost me $1400.00 to get my car repaired. This car broke before the first car payment was due

• Je
      14th of Mar, 2011

DO NOT DEAL WITH CROOKED, LYING MICHAELS AUTO SALES.. I BROUGHT A 2006 BMW FROM THEM..THEIR RAGGY AZZ "DETAIL" PPL BROKE MY DRIVER'S SIDE MIRROR AND DENTED THE DRIVERS SIDE DOOR ON MY CAR...THANK GOD THE PERSON WHO OWNED THE CAR PRIOR TO ME TOOK CARE OF IT CAUSE MICHAELS WILL NOT.. THEY DIDN'T OWN UP TO THE DENT BUT I TOOK A PICTURE OF THE CAR BEFORE THEY PULLED IT AROUND BACK AND THE DENT WASN'T THERE. ALSO, THEY ALLOWED MY TAGS TO EXPIRE AND MY HUSBAND AND I HAD TO LITERALLY CUSS THEM OUT TO GET THEM TO SEND THE FREAKING TAGS TO ME. CATALINA'S LYING AZZ TOLD ME SHE MAILED MY TAGS AND DIDN'T, THEN TOLD ME SHE NEVER SAID THAT. SHE'S THE ONE WHO GAVE ME THE TRACKING NUMBER, BUT THEY DID SEND MY MIRROR. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXTISTENT AND I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ANYONE TO DEAL WITH THEM. THE ONLY REASON THEY TOOK CARE OF US WAS BECAUSE MY HUSBAND AND I HAD TO GET SUPER "HOOD" WITH THEM AND THEY FIGURED IT WOULD BE EASIER THAN US CALLING OUR FINANCE COMPANY AND TELLING THEM THAT MICHAELS ASKED US TO LIE ABOUT THE PACKAGE WE HAD ON THE CAR...

• Sc
      27th of Jun, 2011

I also had a bad experience with this company two weeks ago (mid June). Be careful of them. They advertise cars on the internet to attract customers. When you phone they tell you the car has already been sold but they have others and you should come in. When you get in, they pressurize you into signing. Another problem is that their cars NEVER have enough gas to do a proper test drive. It is always on empty or the light is on. You do not have time to run the engine and suspension to about 40mph which will tell you whether the rotors need replacing, or other sounds. You drive it at 20mph, just around the block and you buy it for it looks good. These guys are scamsters. When you go back with problems, they are quick to tell you to leave the car there. You leave it for 2-3 days and when you go back to collect it, your car is dirty/filthy, and the problems are not fixed. Be careful, do not say you have not been warned. Be on your guard. These guys will take you for a ride so good that you won't even know it until you are left to pay the bills for the repairs.

• Da
      30th of Nov, 2012

I bought a car from Michael's Auto Sales in June 2007. Knowing my credit wasn't the best, they still sold me a Ford Focus and stated that the carfax was in good condition. After driving this vehicle home, the car started cutting off while driving. I called Mario (at the time) and he asked me to bring the car in to them and they would fix it. Two weeks later and I get a call stating to come pick up the car. Once I got there, the car was not there and I was told I could not get the car back nor my money. This place is definitely a rip off. And on top of this, Flamingo Financing put this on my credit report as bad credit. And they got mad at me once I called to the BBB to file a complaint (as I really cared)... Do not buy a car at all from this company. They suck ### fa'real.

27th of Jul, 2013

WTF DO ALL PEOPLE EXPECT? Majority of you people are complaining about this dealership but have bad credit. Beggers can't be chossers