Michael Todd Cleaners / Damaged Clothing

1 Lake Geneva, WI, United States Review updated:
Phone: 262-249-1600

A scarf I gave them came back ruined. Their attitude from the moment I showed them the problem was to think of reasons they wouldn't be responsible. Whether the problem is actually their fault or not is something there is no way of knowing (and they can't be sure either), but their complete disinterest in pleasing a customer has made me leave with no intention of returning.

Wa

More Michael Todd Cleaners Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Le
      24th of May, 2010

Yes there is a way to find out on how the scarf was ruined. They belong to the IFI and would have sent it to them immediately. Maybe the person owning the scarf did not want to know.

19th of Jul, 2010

I agree, Michael Todd's is VERY unprofessional!!!

19th of Jul, 2010

I brought a skirt in to be cleaned and the skirt was not the same color when I got it back. It no longer matched the jacket. I was willing to just have the jacket cleaned and if it came back the same color as the skirt, I would be satisfied. I thought this was being more than reasonable. The employee took both pieces and told me her boss would call. I received a call from another employee telling me that it was impossible for this to have happened. I told her "but it did happen" I told her I was not angry with her, as she was only an employee, but if Michael Todds did not stand behind their work, there would be repercussions. The employee then told me her boss would call me. I then got a call from the owner (the wife) who, in a raised voice, told me that I had upset 2 of her employees and I made a threat to sue them and that they would be filing a suit against me, (for what, I don't know). After she finished speaking I said "Okay I've listened to you, will you now listen to what have to say?" She said, "no" and hung up on me. I called back and got the husband- the owner. He was not much nicer than his wife. He told me "We don't need customers like you."
    Their attitude from the beginning was on the defense. Not, what can we do to work this out.
    I don't even care about the suit anymore. The unprofessional attitude and downright nastiness was unbelievable. If you're looking for a dry cleaner who will treat you with the dignity deserved by a customer, don't go here. You won't get it.

• Le
      22nd of Jan, 2011

The lady failed to say the reason the skirt did not match the jacket was because it was two different suits. The manuf. was called and by matching the numbers off of the clothing they said it was two different suits. The lady also failed to say that the owners tried to tell her this and she became very verbally abusive on the phone and that is why they hung up on her. When you tell the story make sure you include the whole truth not just what you believe the truth is...

22nd of Jan, 2011

You are a very good liar.

4th of Sep, 2018
    Michael Todd Cleaners - Dry Cleaning
    Lake Geneva
    Wisconsin

This place is so terrible. People working there are so rude and customer service is the worst in Lake Geneva . Slow and incompetent and they dress in dirty cloths. Worst of all, the place is also expensive and they do not do a very job. Avoid this place. We will not be returning.

Go down the street!!