M&I Bank / fraudulend charges

United States, Tennessee, Lebanon Review updated:
Bar None Trim Co
Phone: 615-444-0354
We are continualy getting $30.00 late and insufficient funds charges that are a lie. We pay our bill on time or before. We sent in a check for a payment 9 days in advance and they clame they did not get it so sent a $30.00 late fee we paid the late fee and gave them an e check that cost extra because it is not an electronic payment . They said to cancel the check we had sent. recieved another late fee and paid it. Sent another check for the late fee and the sent another late fee, late fee. They were applying the late fee to the balance an not the late fee widh we were not late. Then sent an insufficient funds fee on the check they told us to cancel payment on, they said they would not process the check we had stopped payment on . You know if they have 1000 accounts and sent them a $30.00 late fee every month in one year that is$360, 000.00 a year they make as a lie and can pay someone $60, 000 a year to take the grief and come out ahead $300, 000.00. You know they can let the check sit on a desk and there is nothing you can do about it. They just turn you in to the credit agencys. I want someone to check on this, not right for these giants to take advantage of the American public especialy when the tax payers of this country have just sent the banks 700 BILLION DOLLARS of tax payers money. This is a scam and must be stopped at any cost.

A  26th of Feb, 2009 by
N  17th of Jun, 2009 by
I am currently in the process of closing my accounts with M & I Bank in MN. They do nothing but cheat people out of their money. Horrible company!!!
A  22nd of Jan, 2010 by
Agree wholeheartedly. Was also were cheated out of unnecessary fee refunds. This bank has NO CONCERN for it's customers. Only their money! DO NOT attempt to work with this bank in any manner. Your accounts will be abused and customer service is absolutely one sided! District manger for Phoenix area Jim Jenson has no concern for helping customers only bank policies designed to deny customer's fair treatment.
A  6th of Mar, 2010 by
My husband had a car loan with M&I. After a hailstorm in 2008, our insurance company "totalled" and paid it off. Since that time they have been trying to collect more money from us. It started at about $200, but we insisted we did not owe it because it had been paid off by the insurance company. They have continued to harass us and now the amount they are asking for is over $800! Ridiculous and terribly dishonest!
A  11th of Mar, 2010 by
They don't only cheat their customers but they treat their employees like SH*T!
If your of color or if you are a women good luck with getting your voice heard. The more you go and try to get help, the more they shut you out. They make you look like your the trouble makers and try to push you out the door.
They will open "BAD" accounts just to hit their goal for that bonus!
The M&I Bank in Maple Grove Minnesota has the worse employees and branch manager.

If your a business customer and you have a coin order that is fairly large and you follow procedures in calling it in days early to assure your order will come in when you need it and if the person taking down your order forgets to rely it to the person doing the ordering. You can forget about it!
The branch manager will just say it's to bad there's nothing he can do about it and will be of no help to you at all.
D  12th of May, 2010 by
I feel M&I should not be judged based on a few bad locations. I know of a location in Plover, Wisconsin in Crossroads Commons and they have the friendliest staff and the most amazing branch manager. I have worked with every employee at some time and they have never treated me badly...even if they were having a bad day. Kris is patient and kind and treats everybody with respect and gives you undivided attention. Adam is willing to work with anybody as long as you need it until you understand what is confusing you. All of the tellers are friendly and amazing and will take time out to talk to you. I have seen some new faces in the teller line and even the new people are polite and go above and beyond to give friendly service. Everybody at that branch learns customers names quickly and helps everybody very efficiently. Thank you Crossroad Commons...keep it up!
A  20th of Jul, 2010 by
I paid down a loan from $92, 000 to @63, 000 last November (9 months ago) and they are still charging me the same monthly payment ($495 /month instead of $335). I have sent and faxed the so called documents to them twice and in January it was verified everything was fine but nothing changed and all I get is nasty attitudes. I have talked to scores of employees and in December even took it to the corporate office where that person protected their employees.

It is the worst bank I have ever done business with. They say I didn't send the paperwork back. I don't work in the bank and can't see who isn't doing their job with the paperwork. I could send it in 10 more times and they would say they didn't receive it. THEY ARE UNACCOUNTABLE.