MFI/My Family / Unauthorized charges

I have found a discrepancy between my credit available and the actual amount of money that I spent for the last days. I immediately called my bank, and they told me that 5 (five) unauthorized charges of $125 were put on my credit card. The name of the company was MFI/My Family.

I canceled my credit card, and the bank will conduct their investigation. It appears that there are many cases of fraud with credit cards related to MFI/My Family, and they have been doing it for many months. WHY NOBODY CAN STOP THEM???

Al

Comments

• Ca
      12th of Dec, 2006
    MFI*|Ancestry - Charges without subscription!
    United Kingdom

An amount of £69.95 appeared on my credit card for the above company as I have only internet account access and maybe once a week I would not have subscribed to this. I only book flights via e mail. I also see lots of e mails re fraud of this company. This company is a scam!

• Pa
      14th of May, 2007

I just found a charge from MFI My Family Ancestry as well, for $339.70!!! I filled out the necessary paperwork with my bank this morning and hope to have it resolved soon. This is scary. I have looked at ancestry sites in the past, but have never signed up for any of them. I also had another unauthorized charge from another company on the same day. This is very disturbing.

• Di
      16th of May, 2007

I tried a "Free" three day trial on ancestry.com and they charged my brother $109 on his credit card. How in the hell did they get his credit card number? He hasn't used his card in years and he lives in a different state? I was not required to list a credit card to "sign up for 3 free days". This is theft and I think something should be done about it.

• To
      22nd of Nov, 2007

MFI MY FAMILY Initially removed 29.95 then tried to remove 508.00 . Then two days later tried online shopping at my expense
    Best Buy.com, Ann Taylor.com, and then USPS Global.

The only two got through was the Ann Taylor and the initial charge of 29.95 which was refunded to my account by my bank. First of all I didn't ask for the services of MFI or even knew they existed until now. SO HOW DO WE STOP THESE CRIMINALS? THE FRAUD POLICE WHERE ARE THEY?

• Ro
      31st of Jan, 2008

Thank you so much to everyone who has complained already about multiple charges- I just saw the charge yesterday on my acct for 109.95 from MFI*MY FAMILY (thank goodness I happened to look on the day it was being charged!) and after googling this unknown thing and finding soooo many fraud complaints- in seeing that this wasn't just a one-time mistake, I had my bank cancel my card immediately! I can't imagine how they got my number- I haven't bought anything online in over 2 months and my card has never been out of my sight! What stupid criminals keep trying to charge the same stupid website with stolen credit card numbers?!

• El