MF Alliance / Grant fraud!

6301 Grayson RdHarrisburg, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-439-8120
They contacted me informing me I was eligible for a home grant. They asked me for 458.00 dollars for processing fees. They received the money on Oct 3, 2007. I was to recieve more paper work by Nov 13, 2007. When that day came and went i called the toll free number to in which I got a full mailbox message. So after a few days i drove to Harrisburg to find that the address was a rented mailbox out of the UPS store in the Swatara Square shopping strip mall. I contacted the local police dept. and was informed by them that I was the second person to file a complaint on the company. Is there any way you can help me? I have all the paper work from the company, post office, and bank, and website.

Comments

Ma
  19th of Nov, 2007
The same thing happened to me. I have called and gotten the full voicemail also. They gave me a fax # 1866 234 2611. I have tried to send a request for my money ($458.00) back. but they wont answer the fax. I have now the proper authorities pursuing M F Alliance. I hope I will receive my money before they get him. Andy Ruppe Warren probably a fake name also. Look man I am sure you will read this. You know my address you know that is wrong Im a 19 year old young man just trying to do something productive for my family and I. If you return my 458 dollars I will make sure nothing happens to you on my behalf. Otherwise I will contact my lawyer again.
Li
  19th of Nov, 2007
I have had the same thing happen to me. Mr. Charles Chester... You fraud... I hope someone catches you and you have to pay...
  28th of Nov, 2007
On 10/23 and 11/10 I submitted applications and sent in my $458; however, in following up, their voicemail box at 877.439.8120 is full and the numbers 717.798.8618 and 717.798.8981. I spoke with Susan White, Richard Smith, and Charles Chester. I have not been able to contact anyone within the organization. I am afraid fraud has been committed, though I do not know where to go for help.
Mo
  28th of Nov, 2007
Yeah, Mr. Charles Chester got me too. CROOK!!! I have called the police also. I hope they nag you Charles Chester! You are going down!
  29th of Nov, 2007
I am contacting the Dauphin County District Attorney, Ed Marsico. I am also contacting the Harrisburg police to report this fraud. The contact information is below.

Ed Marsico, Dauphin County DA - (717) 780-6767 Phone

123 Walnut St
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17101
Ji
  2nd of Dec, 2007
A friend of mine turned me on to this website/company. He got 2 different grants from them in the amounts of 5,000 and I think 6,000 dollars. He now had a third grant in process (this one for school) the previous for home repairs. I was always able to get in touch with someone there until a week and a half ago. I suspect it is fraud too. Yet, I don't understand why my friend got money this way before. The main difference I can see is that he was only getting a few thousand dollars, and they offered me 90,000 (quite a difference). Also, when he contacted them, he was not rushed to complete the contract and send money. When I called, I was made to feel as if the grant season was coming to an end and I needed to get my stuff in very quickly. Don't know what's going on here. Very fishy. I think I will follow up with the contacts from the previous person's post. Thank you for the information.
La
  5th of Dec, 2007
I sent $458.00 over night which is an additional $16.00 I was given a confirmation number by Charles Chester. I called him right after I ended the called with him the first time and I found it strange that he did not answer the phone nor did his mailbox say the company's name. When I called the customer service line the girl that answered only said customer service. I faxed a letter over to them but I received nothing. That Charles Chester just kept calling until I gave money and then nothing. I am going to follow up with the information above.
So
  5th of Dec, 2007
I have had the same thing happen to me. I have been trying to contact Charles, Andy, Susan, and Richard for the last two days and I get the voice mail and the other numbers are no longer active. I contacted the police department in the post from Mr. David Roberts and they are having someone contact me, I also filed a complaint with the better business bureau in the area and I am getting ready to contact the district attorney that Mr. Roberts posted and see what they tell me. I think if enough of us complain and expose this group of individuals then something will eventually happen and we will all be able to rest a little easier. They are making things bad for the legitimate companies and after this I am very skeptical about applying for any kind of grant and from now on I will do my research first. If there is someone to contact that I haven't contacted then please let me know because we can't fix the problem if noone knows about it.
De
  5th of Dec, 2007
Upon contact with them it sounded too good to be true. I did search the Internet, Better Business Bureau for them @ Pennsylvania BBB. They had just registered about two weeks prior. I knew then that the company wasn't all they claimed. I didn't send anything to them. I did receive from their phone contacts confirmations, etc. None of it sounded legit. Sorry for all of you who've been scammed.
Mi
  6th of Dec, 2007
I was just informed by the Police Department that first I would need to file a report with my local department then it would be back tracked to the investigating PD - hope that helps and good luck to us all - it really sucks that companies do this sort of thing - and I sure hope they can catch the people responsible and they get our money back and throw them in jail for a long time to come.
  6th of Dec, 2007
Im am 21 and was trying to start a business. I fist got a call from Charles Chester and he rushed me too to send in the check for 458 i guess he was trying to get as much money as possible before tucking tale and running, well, he got mine. Sorry to all you guys who got scammed too but don't give up on your dreams, we can't let people like this ### hole ruin our lives. Keep going for grants just make sure their legit next time and if it's a true grant you shouldn't feel rushed because gov money will always be there.
Ki
  11th of Dec, 2007
I was contacted by charles chester saying that i would recieve a large grant. I was going to get a letter by 11/27/07 well guess what i never got my letter or the money. I'm not sure where to go from here!! All i want is my 458.00 dollars back. And shame on this company taking that kind of money from a single mother of 4 kids.
Ol
  14th of Dec, 2007
i too have the same thing , i was told to send in &458.00 so fast because the year is come to end and it will take 3 months for the process.So on Oct 24th i sent in the money to MF Alliance as said by this Charles or who ever, and i never heard from him. i tried calling the 18774398120,and its the same answer as the other people mentioned. I am so mad at this guy cause we need money too instead of doing so dum thing . i hope you rot in hell for what you're doing .
Ri
  24th of Dec, 2007
I spoke to person her name i think was laura robins ,and i was told when i send in the money, i will be getting my grant in about three months. That turn out to be a bald face lie, and the shame was i borrowed the money thinking that these were honest people, and it really put me in a bad position I am lose for words.
Sa
  26th of Dec, 2007
I am just like the others on here as well, much to my anger. I was contacted by Richard Frost from MF Alliance, told me I had 48 hrs to send the $458 or my grant would not be available. He told me I was approved (guarnteed) for $23,000. I was going to start a catering business. I sent my money in on 10/12/07 and the post office asked me if I wanted the package to be signed when it arrived. I said yes, I felt like if it was signed for I was not being scammed. I guess I was wrong!!! Richard assured me that this company was not scammers and I could drive up to the door any time I wanted too. He told me that I could call them anytme I wanted also. When I called to check to see if they received the package, I did talk with Richard that day, but that was the last time. He told me it would only take 7-10 days to process the grant and I would be receiving my money soon. I told him that was the only way I could do that because I was using 2 wks of bill money to pay for the service. I called again each week in Oct. and customer service answered the phone. I told her that I was checking on the status of my grant, and she told me that I would be receving a questonaire in the mail for me to fill out and send back, that however long it took me to send back the questionaire is how long it took for them to send me a certified check or call and get my bank info. I'm glad they didn't get my bank info!!!
I was supposed to receive that questionaire on or before Nov. 23, and I have yet to receive anything of the kind. I called them the first week in Nov. and she told me the same thing as before. After the next week rolled around, I tried calling every day, and got only voicemail that was full, and no longer receving any new messages. Then the month of Dec. all I get is a busy signal. I just got off the phone with the local DA there and she directed me to the Attorney General, which she directed me to the Consumer Protection Agency, 1-717-787-7109, she told me I could file my complaint online with the CPA or she could send the form by mail. I told her I would file online. Here's the site: www.attorneygeneral.gov scroll down to file a complaint. Richard even told me that the $458 was a money back guarntee and we could file it on our taxes. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!! Like the others, all I have is my papers from the web and my other forms.
Do
  26th of Dec, 2007
I was also scamed, but my advisors name was Melissa Jones. Again , all the same complaints. I have contacted the better business bureau, and the attorney general. I hope something good comes from this, at least our money back. I even got a copy of who signed for mine, it was a S. Boland.I hope they bring these people to justice, I am a single mom, and that took food and christmas from my kids.
Pa
  3rd of Jan, 2008
yes mr chester got me too. i was promised a grant to be disbursed by the first week in january and never received packet at the end of november. local phone numbers were disconnected and the toll free wouldn't except any messages. thank you all for helping with what i should do next, and yes mr chester i hope you get what you deserve.
Ma
  11th of Jan, 2008
i was scammed too i paid 458.00 i was suppose to recive 20,000 i spoke to a guy named jared that was his name i turned it in too the poilce department the officer told me that they had recived over 12 compliants i am a working mom i hope they catch these guys if they do i am suing them for all they got i have a lawyer and he has the case he will others out too i hope these people go to hell rot in hell the bible says what goes aroud comes around the officer told me this was a post office box and it was a dummy place it is a shame we all got ripped off lets hope they catch them and sue them mary
Tr
  17th of Jan, 2008
I was also scammed by these dishonest, gready pieces of sh-- . I was told all of this same information. The jack ### I talked to was Jack Butler. I have called a number of times all I get is a busy signal. He called on a Monday and told me I had to have the money sent out by Wednesday so it could be processed in time for the new college semester. I was supposed to get $20,000. I also sent $ 458.00. I was supposed to get my grant in mid January. Tracie Riggs
Ch
  20th of Jan, 2008
Yes, the same thing happened to me. Her name was suppossoly Linda. She told me I was able to receive a home grant of 40,000 dollars. I was supposed to send in 490 dollars for the under grant writers to start my grant papers. I had to call to get my papers. Then I wasn't ever able to get threw. Ever time I called them the phone was bussy. I was supposed to get my grant after christmas. I am so mad because I can't get my money back. Mary, if you don't mind, but can I get your lawyers information to help me out too.