Meyers Van Lines Of CA / Company is a rogue moving company

1 11264 White Oak AveGranada Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 818-832-1270

Air Ride Moving and Storage(aka Meyers Van Lines Of CA. They changed their name because of their bad reputation). They broke half of my stuff because of their negligence. They hire nothing but illegals and people with temporary visas who don't care about your stuff. Air Ride Moving and Storage Inc told me that if they pick my stuff up on August 20th, then it would be delivered on September 1st. They picked up my stuff on the 20th of August and delivered to me on the 7th of September. On their website they show a couple of men who look professional standing on the side of a nice truck with the Air Ride logo. What I got was the opposite... a couple of illegals and a very run down trailer. As soon as I saw that I told them to bring my stuff back and call the whole thing off. The guy who moved my stuff told me that I would still have to pay for the move weather they move me or not. This guy's name is David. He works for a different company then Air Ride. Nobody told me that 3 different moving companies were going to move me from California to Idaho. I got into an argument with the movers because they were throwing my stuff around like it was garbage. I told them to be careful with the tv because they were most neglectful with it. They totally damaged my lcd tv beyond repair, damaged my 2 book shelves and broke several pieces of my good imported plates and wine glasses. I believe that David broke the tv because of the argument that we had about it. He knew that I would get only 60 cents per pound for it.

Comments

• J
      1st of Aug, 2008
    Meyers Van Lines Of CA - Rogue Movers
    Meyers Van Lines Of CA
    11264 White Oak Ave
    Granada Hills
    California
    Phone: 818-832-1270
    meyersca.com

This is the worst moving company in Southern California. They used to operate under the name Air Ride Moving & Storage, and now, they operate under the name Meyers Van Lines Of CA because of all the complaints about them and bad word of mouth reputation. This company's license has been suspended many times and they have also been fined by the fmcsa for giving low ball estimates, only to increase the estimates by many times the original quote. They take your inventory hostage, until you agree to pay their ransom. They damage your belongings and don't respond to claims. They don't give you the Rights And Responsibility Act, which by law, has to be given. They hire "day laborers, " which are illegals who don't care about your items.

26th of Mar, 2009

Meyers have moved my gear from San Diego to Australia and have not paid the moving company in Australia so now my gear has been held up here for over a month and they will not realease it because it is unpaid. I have alot of stuff broken and missing and i am not looking forward to another run around for a insurcance claim. they were great until i handed them all of the money and i havent recieved service since they are not responding to emails or phone calls . and in the mean time i am waiting on a Dodge Ram and a Harley Davidson which are depriciating at a huge amount sitting in a shed untouchable . they did try and bump me for the shipping once it got here saying that i had told them a different location, which i had mentioned it could be different and they said it would be more i asked how this was possible considering where i ended up was closer to the shipping agency than the previous address. I WOULD NEVER USE THEM OR RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE, , DONT DO IT!!!

• Sp
      3rd of Apr, 2009

Right there with you, pal! I just got taken for a ride with "Meyers". Only this time the "owner" is named Tony. He told us he was the sole operator of the company and that they were NOT under another name and so on and so on. LIES, LIES, LIES is what I got from Tony Ouzounian at Meyers. DAMAGED FURNITURE is what I got from Hugo, Carlos and the other day laborers who couldn't understand basic English. They sent us the same phony looking claim form with TWO return addresses on it, and now it's sitting at their post office and they refuse to pick it up. NICE TRY, TONY. NOW WE GO TO COURT!!!

• Sp
      3rd of Apr, 2009

Meyers Van Lines and Tony Ouzounian are CROOKED LIARS. NEVER HIRE THESE SCAMMERS, THEY WILL ONLY ROB YOU BLIND!!!