Mexico Pardise Getaways / Scam and cheating

I too was scammed by this organization called Mexico Paradise Getaway. After jumping through their hoops and sending them the required $100.00 deposit, I received an email asking for me to fill out a traveler's information form, which I did. Several weeks later, I received another email, stating that they had received my information form and were working on my first trip choice. They went on to state that if I had not heard from them in 45 days, they were unable to fill my first trip request and were working on my second choice.

Several weeks after that, I received another email stating that I needed to mail in by certified mail, a money order or certified check for $150.00, per traveler, to pay for airline/airport fees as described in rule #3 of my voucher. Rule number three reads “Vacationers are responsible for charges in excess of offer, i.e. telephone charges, room service, gratuities and airline/airport taxes." Before this, the only thing that I was told was that I would need to send in a $100.00 refundable deposit.

My advice to all, stay away from this company and Global Vacation Network. Don't be foolish, like me and fall for this scam. I was deeply saddened when I read some of the stories submitted by other people who seemed to have far worse experiences. A company, that toys with peoples dreams and then takes their money, is one of the worst examples of humanity that can be found.

Mi

Comments

• Co
      6th of Feb, 2010

I don't know anything about this Mexico Paradise company but I can DEFINITELY SAY that it's not the same company as Global Vacation Network. If people were given this vacation for coming into Global and listening to the presentation, that's one thing, but I'll tell you right now it's not one and the SAME thing.
    Sounds to me like they have another company working for them for this free vacation.
    You wanna talk about dreams, let's talk about dreams. My husband had a dream to vacation in Hawaii since he was a teenager but never could find enough money to do it. Through all his years of hard work and one hardship after another he just couldn't seem to ever get quite enough money to do it. Then, one day we got an invitation to come into Global. And let me tell you, that was the 2nd happiest day of my husbands life.
    The happiest day of his life was when we booked our first Hawaii trip with Global and got married right on the beach. We were able to book a condo for our families too so they could come enjoy this special time with us for free.
    And you know what? We've gone back every year since using the membership we purchased at GLOBAL VACATION NETWORK. Next year we plan to stay for three weeks instead of our regular 2 weeks. AND, it's only going to cost us just under $600.
    I get emotional just thinking about how happy this membership has made our family. Everyone reading this, don't walk away from a life changing experience if you get invited to Global.
    Life is too short. Do what you love and go where you love.