Mexico Paradise Getaways / Scam

This company has been extremely difficult to deal with. I have contacted them litterally dozens of times in every way possible over a year now and they continue to give me the runaround. First, they promise a vacation based on one of three dates and places of our choice. They eventually "give" us a date a year later at a place we explicitly said we did not want to go. After months of attempting to reschedule, they informed us that we also needed to pay them an additional $300 on the $100 we already gave as a deposit for "fees". We of course cancelled the certificate at that time and asked for a refund. They said they would give it to us two months ago. I called last month and they said the check has been cut. As of today, I finally get from them that they have not mailed out the check for unexplained reasons. Don't know if I will ever get my money back, but these people have wasted countless hours of my time.

Scott

Sc

Comments

• Me
      22nd of Jun, 2009

Note that these people are now showing up at Seattle events like Folk Life and the Fremont Fair and getting your name and info for a "drawing" for a "prize", and then you will be contacted, told you have "won" and to phone number 1-800-706-1034, which answers as Paradise Getaways. Since I had "won" at Folk Life and gone through the whole rigamarole before being told since I am laid off my income does not qualify me for the promotion (hmm, I thought it was a "prize" and I was supposedly one of only four winners), I cut to the chase after again being supposedly one of just a few winners after the Fremont Fair and asked them if it was the same deal--they said yes. I guess they want to make sure you have enough income to stay patient through the bait and switch described above, assuming all along you are going to get a "free" vacation. In the case of the Fremont Fair, I actually entered a drawing for a $1000 Target gift card, not a vacation. These people should be busted and prevented from their marginal if not downright illegal tactics.

• Ga
      10th of Aug, 2009

Paradise Getaways has nothing to do with mexico paradise getaways. You need to have all your facts before you slander a company. Paradise Getaways does promotional drawings and offer people vacations to attend a 90 minute presentation. All of their employees are upfront and tell you what you need to do. However if you are under 25 or don't make enough money you will not qualify for a vacation. You will still remain in the drawing for a 1000 gift card no matter what. Check your information you are completely wrong!

• De
      25th of Feb, 2010

Mexico Paradis Getaways - is a scam!

We joined an organization in February 2009 and as a prize we won a total FREE trip to Mexico provided by Mexican Paradise Getaways (MPG). Little did we know what we were getting into. It was never disclosed the underlying reason for this free prize was to get the winners to attend and buy timeshares in Mexico. After you get started in this process it gets worse as you go along. My bottom line is that I did get my money back $400 ($100 deposit and $300 airport tax) buy I had to go through hell to get it back. It is my advice to cancel your certificate and get out of this as quickly as you can.

My story is much like everyone else. I meticulously submitted all the required paperwork to MPG, selecting three convenient days and provided the initial $100 returnable deposit. At this point I was still onboard thinking this was a great deal. Next was the requirement to provide $300 money order for Airport Taxes, which I did also -- still a good deal by my thinking. The last requirement was to provide my credit card information. This is where my knees started shaking and I decided I best try to find out something about MPG. I looked online and was surprised by the abundance of information in the form of complaints about MPG. I immediately cancelled my MPG certificate in September 2009. Shortly afterward I began requesting a full refund. Over the next 5 months I repeatedly bugged MPG requesting the status of my refund. My weekly emails were ignored by MPG for the first 4 months. Armed with the advise of others on the internet I also contacted the Southwest Missouri Better Business Bureau of Missouri (email: springfield.bbb@bureaudata.com) and the Missouri Attorney General Office (AGO) (email: Consumer.Help@ago.mo.gov). Both BBB and AGO opened a case against MPG, however, only AGO took the next step and assigned one of its attorney's (Tyrone) to follow-up with MPG. The AGO representative informed me he had about 100 other complaints he was currently working against MPG. It was shortly after AGO got involved that MPG rep Chuck Snow (crsnow@bigplanet.com) contacted us. Chuck was the first person in all that time at MPG since my cancellation to actually email us and call. Initially he was very appologetic and wanted to coordinate sending us to Mexico (somewhere different than the 6 original places). We stood our ground and let him know all we wanted was to get out money back. Within about 5 weeks of Chuck getting involved MPG returned both the deposit and the airport taxes, two separate checks. Our recommendation is no matter at what point you are at to stop the madness and cancel you certificate. Yes there have been some people that have actually gone to Mexico and had a reasonable time for very little investment and you can find their stories online also. But for us it was just not worth the trouble and frustration. Only other email address I have gathered in this process: Marcy Wolf (owner?) - mwolf@formpg.com. Good luck and I hope this helps.