Mexico Paradise Getaways / Fraud

1 210 Corporate PlaceBranson, MO, United States Review updated:

They twice confirmed Travel date and location. Now less than a week away, they changed date and did not advise of location. They have received $400. But will cost me over $4, 000.00 due to their changes.

Comments

• Be
      2nd of Dec, 2008

False advertising, they gave us a run around from the start now we are out 400.00 dollars and a vacation.
    We are trying to cancell and get our money back will see? We made a report to the Better Business bureau in Michigan. Plus read all the [redacted]s.
    They gave us all the names Chuck Snow, Doug, Rose and Norma god only knows who is in charge, but its none of them. There is phone number in Mexico only a fax.
    We have called Global Vacation and found out they do not use Mexico Paradise Getaways any more.
    Free is to good to be true DO NOT BELIEVE AND DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Regards, Julie

• Ab
      8th of Jan, 2009

Since Global Vacation Network is still offering this incentive, I called GVN to get an update on 1/6/09. I did note the BBB rating of "F" for Mexico Paradise Getaways. Tom at GVN indicated that he was not aware of any concerns with this incentive, and assured me that they were still using them. He committed to get further info and call me back in a few days.

• Al
      17th of Feb, 2009

I do know that that Mexico Paradise Geatways has been getting better with their processing and reservations. it was their own mistake not having explicitly writing taxes . on the first ones that went out. but everyone should know they have to pay taxes on everything. for $150 per person. it is not much at all to have to pay for a Mexico trip.

• Mo
      24th of Mar, 2009

I guess that I am lucky because I only lost $100 to this company. I too received a travel certificate. I picked 3 sets of dates, those were not open, so I was told to pick 3 more dates. I was confirmed with a date in January 09. Then I was canceled for that date. No other dates were ever given to me. Then I received an email that they wanted a cc number to confirm my date (what date)? I read the fine print, it said that if I do not travel on my arranged date that I will be charged the full price of the airline tickets on my cc. I sent an mail saying that I can not confirm to an unknown date. I received no response except that they cancelled my certificate. They said that a check for my deposit was cut, but I know I will never see it. From what I have read others have lost more money. I wonder if anyone has ever taken this trip?

• Ce
      18th of Jun, 2009

Mexico Paradis Getaways is a complete scam. They have given us the run around the all time. They cancelled our vacation, did not let us know about it, did nto try to reschedule, it is impossible to get on hold of anyone and if you can you get conflicting information, they are rude and inflexible. I am still trying to get our deposit back and don't know if I will ever see the color of it. DO NOT SEND THEM ANY MONEY.

Regards,

Cecile

• Ra
      25th of Aug, 2009

I too have gotten the run around with MexicoParadise Getaways. I'm out of$600. And no vacation. I called, e-mailed and faxed to them with no comformaion on my trip. Angery at myself, for not looking into to their reputation first. I haven't stopped trying.
    John

• Cu
      12th of Oct, 2009

did you ever hear any more back from them...my last chosen date is coming in 10 day, same here piad the 400.00 no contact...at least with you it sounds like they were trying to arrainge dates...did you wait to request your money back after the dates had gone by??

• Vi
      12th of Jan, 2010

I'm another trusting soul that MPG has blatantly taken advantage of. I've been waiting on a $400.00 refund since 4/09. However, I have been dealing with them since 8/08 which is when I took the 90 minute presentation with GLOBAL VACATIONS in Indianapolis, Indiana. Supposedly, I would receive this wonderful vacation if Isimply sat in on this presentation. Of course, it's their job to make it sound fabulous. If I could turn back the hands of time... Pressing on, everytime I contact Mexico Paradise Getaways I usually speak with "Doug" who identifies himpself if you ask his position, as the manager. This smirky so & so actually had the audacity to tell me a few months ago, "good luck in getting a refund, this department doesn't handle refunds and I wish you would stop calling". However, this same individual promised me back in 4/09 that he would personally submit a HELP ticket and by him being the manager the request would be addressed within seven days and to look for my refund in the mail inside of thirty days. He gave me his word at that time, yet he solemnly proclaims that his office has absolutely nothing to do with refunds. Every time I call I get a different response . What the Hell! MPG will send a computer generated reply to emails claiming that someone will address your concerns...which NEVER happens. There are a couple of numbers that the staff MIGHT decide to give you which really doesn't matter because the numbers don't work anyway! I sure wish that I was aware of this site before these rude, arrogant scammers conned me out of my money. There has to be a way that we can get justice. Tell you what...I refuse to give up and the rest of you should'nt either. HAPPY NEW YEAR & GOD BLESS.

19th of Jan, 2010

I have been trying to help my father with this same problem. They took $400 of his and refuse to give him a refund. I get the same "Doug" and "josephine" who give me a run around. The lastest thing they said now is that they no longer service Mexico Paradise Getaways and gave me a new number of a company who does. I called and its someones voicemail. I am working on filing a compaint with the Attorneys General. Has anyone done this or had success with this?

I want to make sure they get whats coming to them!

• Jv
      17th of Feb, 2010

I also attended the Global Vacations presentation in Indianapolis. I bought into the program and considered the Mexican vacation and gas cards as a plus with the deal. As it turns out, Global Vacations has been a wonderful experience for me. I have booked condos for the past 2 years and been very pleased with them. The first year I tried to use the Mexican vacation certificate, they said I had filled out information incorrectly and returned the $100 deposit. I called Global Vacations and complained about MPG and the gas cards. Someone in that office contacted both parties. I was told the gas cards were in the mail and was given another Mexico certificate. The gas cards were never sent and phone lines there are disconnected. I sent all of the information and another $300 to MPG and am currently trying to get my money back.
    Thanks for all of the phone numbers as the one on the website has been disconnected. - J Vance

• Sh
      17th of Feb, 2010

I too fell for the Mexico Paradise Getaway. They have had my $400.00 deposit since 2/2009. A travel date was never arranged. I have tried unsuccessfully to get a refund of the deposit but have had no success. I sent a regisistered letter which a B. Welk signed for but no response. I would like to participate in any action taken against them regardless of return of funds. I just don't want to see another senior citizen taken advantage of. The presentation I attended was in Los Colinas, TX.- S Nole

• Mi
      23rd of Mar, 2010

For all you complaints, Let us be united. Do you want to file a coomplaint with me? Email is a_delapaz123456@yahoo.com

Thety need to be punished for this and justice be served. I need 100 people or more together.

• Mi
      23rd of Mar, 2010

Let us tell it to 20/20 or primetime live

• Sd
      18th of Apr, 2010

we are also out$400.00 and Ihave been trying to get our money back. Ihave a different name and cell phone number
    of the so called owner and Ihave called repeatedly with no return call and no money. I will keep trying and do everything I can to get our money back. Sue

2nd of Jun, 2010

Oh lord people I`m one of the one`s that got to go to Cancun.After two hundred phone
    calls to that Doug.I just was not going to let these bums mess up my vaction.They sent
    my tickets lord thanks I departed from Chicago.The resort was runned down.The rooms
    were small and the service sucked big time.The food what ever you did not eat in
    morning you got it lunch what ever you did not eat for lunch you got it for dinner.
    We did a lot of eating out.Some people`s bath rooms did not work.Here is the kicker
    they think you would want to buy one of there rat hole places.I if you keep calling
    them like Three hundred times you may get there.But take it from me, it will
    have you feeling like you sould have just stayed at home.Good luck

• Ke
      29th of Oct, 2010

all these people who have had a run in with mexico paradise getaways i have too. i have talked to doug, chuch snow, heather and many more people here who have been rude and liers. it has been sense 2008 that i have been going through all this. i have put out 400 hundred dollars and recieved nothing. i have contacted global vacation networks on missori and finally i will be recieving my refund...hopefully.it has been a week.i let u guys know when it actually happens...this has been a mess

• Au
      29th of Oct, 2010

Good luck, kersten3740. Do let us know how you fare.

• Ca
      16th of Feb, 2011

IT IS A BAD TRIP TRYING TO TAKE A TRIP FOR 2 YEARS!!! RECENTLY I SENT THIS LETTER AND STILL NO HELP... My certificate was extended twice in 2 years due to traveling problems to Mexico and nearby countries. I was informed that I needed to choose new travel dates last year again... I was supposed to be traveling last year and was told that all trips were postponed until 2011 and have yet to receive - itinerary or airline tickets. Everything was approved the last time I discussed this with an agent was in the last 2 years and recently last fall and they stated we would have the tickets 30 days prior to departure on Feb 2, 2010 and nothing has been done. I would like to submit new travels dates for my 3 selected destination trips for 2011. 1. Nuevo Vallarta Allegro (Puerta Vallarta)- 6/14/11 – 6/17/11. 2. Park Royal (Acapulco)-7/19/11 – 7/22/11. 3. Royal Caribe (Cancun)-8/16/11 – 8/19/11 . I submitted this certificate in July 2009 and there should have been no problems but there have been so many problems with this trip...This was an award given to me for my hard work at Enterprise and who knew I would have so many problems receiving a gift that was awarded to me for being an honorable employee. To no avail I have tried to get this problem resolved in a timely manner and NO ONE has contacted me with a resolution to my CERTIFICATE. I previously opened up two HELP tickets 1- #9c5db87e-5d41 and 2 - aa5618cd-a674 to get this resolved and left voicemails at extension recently on the dates of 2/7/11 and 2/8/11 for Heather and previously at 22257 for a Mr. Becker in 2009 and 2010; its hard to believe no one as contacted me with a resolution of my alternate trips that was requested especially since I have been going thru this since July 2009. I have talked to various agents and all I want to do is to be able to take my trip. I need the following request made available to me and I need someone to contact me in regards to my request as soon as possible. I have paid the $100 deposit and also the $300 deposit for 2 people. Due the complications of this arrangement I also need to change the passengers again!!!, I know that I will have to submit a passport and drivers license for this person, All of the necessary other documentation has been paid and approved. This company is very hard to get in contact and get answers from please reply. I have contacted this company and there is always a problem either the system is down or something or there is no access to my certificate because of the database.. I need results in this matter… I need someone to contact me at immediately or by email at with some type of confirmation… I would appreciate your response in a timely manner or I will have to contact someone on a higher level to get this resolved. I have been patience in this ordeal with your company: Mexico Paradise Getaways… Thank you,

• Do
      20th of Mar, 2011

i got ripped off $400 for the deposit. did these crooks fall off the face of the earth or is there a way to get a hold of them or atleast file a complaint . these people should be in prsion if they arent already