metropolitan movers / Worst Moving Company EVER!!

Jun 6, 2015
metropolitan movers
Unfortunately I picked this company to move my furniture from California to Ontario, Canada. Was told it was going to be 2 weeks, it took almost 3 months. I sent DOZENS of emails, called dozens of different numbers. Was passed off from one person to the next. Was quoted $2011.00 to move a bedroom set and a dining set. Final bill was over $4000. plus I had to pay lots of fees and hire someone in Canada to go and get my stuff out of customs or it was going to be sent back. They didn't have me sign the right paperwork. ONE mover showed up. My son ended up having to help him all day because he couldn't lift my furniture. He showed up late, dirty, smelly. As soon as he walked in he asked if I could get him a sandwich because he was hungry and thirsty. The whole experience was like a bad movie. The customer service was TERRIBLE. The people they passed the furniture to in Canada was called "Vega Line" out of British Columbia. They were rude and ignorant. They called my mother an "Old Lady" to her face dropping off the furniture to her. Broken furniture arrived, scratched furniture. Was not wrapped correctly. I could write a novel on how bad this company is. DO NOT use them!!! Scammers!! Save yourself some grief!!