MetroPCS / one time 48 hr extended service

1 Bronx, NY, United States

Date: December 5th, 2018
No Client #

My issue is MetroPCS' 48hr one time extended service when you aren't able to pay your bill. They provided me a one time extension for 48hrs and provided no other service in the mean time. So I was able to use my phone to call or text, but I wasn't able to send screenshots via text or videos, pictures and other images. I wasn't able to access the web or applications that required internet services, including but not limited to GPS, any bank app, game apps, and no Google apps. I was only able to use the MyMetro app to make a payment and call Customer Care which is 611. I wasn't even provided with the Metro website. So I called 611 and the automated teleservice system answered and provided me with only 3 options. Pay my bill, ask for a 48hr extension, change my service plan all through the automated system, not through a representative. I asked for a service representative several times and was denied with no explanation. After several attempts, the system disconnected the call and my phone went directly to the MyMetro app. The speaker on my phone activated and the same automated teleservice system advised me to use the MyMetro app to pay for service.

I wasn't able to reach a representative until I borrowed funds to pay the bill and call 611 again. The main menu changed and provided more options as well as to speak with a representative. I spoke to a customer service representative (CSR) and they advised me that the 48hr extended service is for emergencies services only. So, my issue is this; using the GPS for somebody who is lost or doesn't know the area, using MMS via text to send any type of photos or videos, using the internet to assist with obtaining intel or access to info and having access to apps on the mobile device to gain information or to get assistance (Like Cash app, quick pay apps, Paypal, Capital One, bank accts) not urgent enough? People use their mobile devices for everything today. Technology is of vial importance today. I don't own a laptop, a house phone or a PC due to what capabilities mobile devices provide. Access to the internet for anything: Jobs, money, bank accts, info, intel, study material and emails. Everything in your life is on your mobile device. Communication: Facetiming, text using screenshots, photos, videos and other intel. Services for GPS, location and help to get from point A to B, Finding where you are, sending that information to others. Things of that nature are important and should be important enough to provided full services for that extended timeframe to even possibly assist with payment by any means necessary for that individual. Even with the Wifi on while on this one time 48hr extended service, I was not able to send photos/videos via text. Just use the internet and other apps.

Ti