Metro Rv Burbank / Money scam

I bought a 1996 Damen from Metro in Aug.2006 I wanted to make sure I bought a safe unit.The Gen. Mangr. was the sales person who handled my purchase. She told me to buy an extended service warranty, and I did.(but I read the unit had to be in good shape to begin with.) I had a list of safety issues she "said" they would repair before I took delivery. It took 30 days before I got the unit back. The first trip out, I smelled gas, the engine over heated, the radiator and the generator leaked, the turn signal did not work and the brakes made noise.

I took it back to Metro Burbank and they kept it another month.Although they tried, they could not charge me because I had signed documentation of the repairs needs before I took delivery.(that helped me in court too.)

Oct.9, 2006 and 700 miles down the road, the motor home over heated, it made a very loud banging and it stopped.I thought it was going to catch fire.We got out of the unit and waited for it to cool off.I called the extended warranty number and was told there was no record of me on file.(I had paid $1700 for that warranty.)I called Metro, and the Gen mang. answered the phone...when I told her what was going on, she said, " well, you bought a used unit, what do you expect?" I promptly told her that if she did not get this matter taken care of, I would sue her and Metro Rv. She was not moved at all.

I had the unit towed at my own expense to a shop, and I paid to have the unit completely inspected. There was a propane leak among other problems and evidence that Metro had not even touched several of the working parts of the motor home; ie., cob webs in the heater area and caked on greace and dirt on the generator.

I got an attorney and Metro refused to take back the unit and refund my money.

In 2007, I tried to sell the unit, but Metro had not taken the previous owner off of the registration.When we got to court in Dec.2007, Metro RV asked for 6 months to refund my money. I felt they would be out of business by then, so I got a lean on the owner of Metro. At the date of settlement in June 2008, Metro still had not paid me and my attorney had to work a little more. I was finally paid most of the money and Metro took the unit back, but they were still $279 short of the settlement agreement. I found it really funny that the Metro RV website uses the word "honest" in their ad.

Va

Comments

• Ly
      19th of Aug, 2008

Don't ever do business with these people. TERRIBLE!! We bought a new RV a few years ago and traded in our older RV. It took Metro RV MONTHS to pay off our loan on the trade in, as interest was accuring and our payment went late. We also purchased an extended warranty on our new RV and Metro RV never sent in the paperwork to the Warranty Company. Had to hire an attorney to get our money back! Awful customor service - phone calls never get returned, nothing gets taken care of, just horrible all around. Lynn, who I believe is the office manager, is worthless. Would sleep in a tent before I bought another RV from this place.

5th of Jun, 2009

Metro finally paid of my rv loan on a unit that was returned to them in Dec. 2008. I paid several thousand on a unit I did not even have in my possession. I guess better late than never.

• Gr
      1st of Apr, 2010

In August of 2009 I was contacted by metro RV to sell my motor home on consignment, I have to admit I was hesitant to do so in the beginning. I did my research on them and found this site, despite having reservations about their business practices the "consignment manager" re-assured me that these were just isolated incidents and that in general they never had complaints. After a couple of months of trying to sell it on my own I decided to take Michael up on the whole consignment thing and they came and picked up my Bounder. It did take 3 months to finally sell my rig but because of the winter season it was expected by me and my wife. They never gave me any kind of run around like I have seen posted here and even though it took them a month or so to pay me I was overall very happy with my experience because they did what they said they would do which was sell my motor home hassle free and have a check for me. I just wanted to give my two cents because people always seem to rush over and type bad things about a company but never do you see someone take the time to state the good. Overall I give my experience a 7 out of 10 and would suggest it to my friends next time they want to sell their coach.

• De
      2nd of Jun, 2010

My motorhome was sold in March. It has been 3 months and I still have not been paid as contracted!! Some poor soul is paying for and driving around in my 80, 000 rv that they purchased from Metro and they can not even register it because my bank still has the title because Metro never paid it off as contracted!!! And no one will return a call or take care of the situation. Good for you. You are on of the lucky ones! But do you condone these practices for others?

• De
      2nd of Jun, 2010

Who was the attorney you used? We are in a similar boat and can not get them to pay off our loan for our rv that they sold on consignment over 3 months ago. Money is piling up for payments and insurance. It would be nice to use someone who is already familiar with the company. Thanks!

• Br
      3rd of Aug, 2010

I also had problems with Metro RV. I filed a complaint with The Better Business Bureau, my credit card company, and posted reviews on Yelp, Google, and Citysearch.

Also check Google reviews... http://tinyurl.com/metrorv and you'll get the picture.

• Lo
      16th of Jan, 2012

Not happy all with Metro RV. First we bought extra warranty for our coach and when we had to use it we found out that Metro never sent in our money to the company so we could not have our rig looked at, waited several weeks to use it. They did not register our trade in with DMV so we kept getting late payments from DMV. Lastly, they never submitted the registration to DMV for our new rig so we could not make the payment and Metro did not have our rig smog checked before giving it to us. So many problems, I am feeling sick just writing about it!!! DO NOT BUY AT METRO YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!

• Rv
      7th of Jan, 2014

I cant speak for the sales department, I bought mine private party (which is a whole other story) and businesses can have ups and downs BUT..I have been RVing for years with my family and after a few bad experiences with a local "Big Box" service place I started looking around at other options. I found Metro RV in Burbank and being close by I thought I would give them a try. I try to do as much myself as possible but when my Onan crapped out, I knew I was over my head and never mess with electrical. I took it in without an appointment and was happy that the service guy knew which model my gen was right off the bat. Told me that this model was notorious for a failure of the voltage regulator and gave me a price. Sure enough, a few hours later I received a call back, he was right, they had the part in stock and the part fixed the problem, I was in and out same day and paid less than I was quoted! I decided to get some body work done while the unit was there and was extremely pleased with the work. I have been going back there for years since my first experience and I have rarely ever had any issues outside a parts holdup which is pretty common when you have an older unit. All I can say is that I have been to them many times and never been treated with anything but professional and fair..they even wash my unit for me sometimes before I pick it up! I would definitely recommend!